Author Topic: Ripping and writing Turbo CD titles - Help  (Read 1175 times)

spawnshop

Ripping and writing Turbo CD titles - Help
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:38:45 AM »
Hi everyone, please forgive me if this is noob topic....

I've recently picked up a working Turbo CD system and would like to rip and write some games.   I know the system plays burned copies because the seller demoed my system playing a burned disc of Castlevania and Bonk 3.   He did say there might be a specific CD-r brand and a certain way to write it.

So a member on here was gracious enough to give me some advice, but I am still coming up with negative results.    I have a few .cue files, and I tried burning them to CD-r with both Nero and Imgburn, but the disc will not read in my TurboCD system.
And when i rip it with TurboRip, it creates a folder with all the .wav files.   Did it unpack the original .cue somehow?

Any tips on how to write these disks would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Bernie

Re: Ripping and writing Turbo CD titles - Help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »
Your system is just being picky, as most Duos are.  Do yourself  a favor, dont play burns in it if you want it to keep working. 

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

tbone3969

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
Hey Bernie,

I don't think it's a DUO.  I think he has the Turbo CD attachment.  In my experience those are more finicky than DUOs.  My DUO plays everything I toss at it.  My Turbo CD is another story.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

spawnshop

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:00:00 PM »
Yes, i have the Docking Station and the Turbo CD system.

tbone3969

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 12:04:56 PM »
Do you have the 3.0 system card?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

spawnshop

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
I have a 3.0 PCE system card and a 2.o TG16 card.
I still need to get the region adapter to use the 3.0 card, or region mod the system.
I rather get the adapter though.

Brraap

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 03:32:48 PM »
If you use cheap media...and fast burn speeds...its not going to work
It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 02:24:47 AM »
TurboRip makes its own cue file.  It describes the layout of the disc's files; it's not an actual file on the original disc.

For burning, I use ImgBurn and burn to Taiyo Yudens at the slowest speed supported by the drive and media.  You may have to try many different media before you find one your system likes, your drive might need adjustment or recapping (it may have been on its last legs when the seller demo'd it), or it might be like my TurboDuo which quit playing CDRs a decade ago.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tbone3969

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 02:26:01 AM »
I have a 3.0 PCE system card and a 2.o TG16 card.
I still need to get the region adapter to use the 3.0 card, or region mod the system.
I rather get the adapter though.

There is definitely an issue here.  You only have the 2.0 card functioning at this time.  This means you can't play Drac X, Bonk 3, or any other Super CD title even if you burn it properly. 

You need to burn some regular CD titles and see if they work.  Ys 1&2 come to mind.  Maybe Monster Lair.  Google a list of regular 2.0 CD titles and burn some of them.

Ys IV English Translated is a Super CD Rom game.  That's why it will not run in your set up.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 02:37:47 AM »
Yarr, burned (or real) Super CDs ain't ever going to work with your current setup.

tbone3969

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:37 AM »
Hi everyone, please forgive me if this is noob topic....

I've recently picked up a working Turbo CD system and would like to rip and write some games.   I know the system plays burned copies because the seller demoed my system playing a burned disc of Castlevania and Bonk 3.   He did say there might be a specific CD-r brand and a certain way to write it.

So a member on here was gracious enough to give me some advice, but I am still coming up with negative results.    I have a few .cue files, and I tried burning them to CD-r with both Nero and Imgburn, but the disc will not read in my TurboCD system.
And when i rip it with TurboRip, it creates a folder with all the .wav files.   Did it unpack the original .cue somehow?

Any tips on how to write these disks would be appreciated.
Thanks!

It sounds like the seller pulled one over on you too if he was demoing the system with Drac X and Bonk 3 when he sold it to you.  He didn't explain to you that you couldn't run those without the 3.0 card?

Its gonna cost you $100 or more for a region card adapter.  Better off just getting it modded from someone on this site.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 02:54:46 AM »
$100+ is high.  The PC-Henshin is $65, but I'd personally rather have a region mod for similar cost.

elmer

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 06:31:49 AM »
Its gonna cost you $100 or more for a region card adapter.  Better off just getting it modded from someone on this site.

Or just buy a Turbo EverDrive v2, run the patched System Card 3 image on it and play all those SCD games ... and the entire HuCard library without a region-mod.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:35:47 AM by elmer »

tbone3969

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 06:58:13 AM »

Or just buy a Turbo EverDrive v2, run the patched System Card 3 image on it and play all those SCD games ... and the entire HuCard library without a region-mod.

Now your talking!

Lost Monkey

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »

Is it fixed to work with TGCD yet?  I still haven't had mine replaced...