Author Topic: Thanks for the warm welcome  (Read 770 times)

spawnshop

Thanks for the warm welcome
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:56:30 AM »
I came across this board a little bit ago.  And I was very excited to sign up, become a member, and join in on the online community for TG16.   It was a lot of fun to get back into this system and play the games again.  And then, further, play and collect games that I've never played before

I've had a few good trades and sales, here.  Had a couple back and forths with members in some threads.
I was having a lot of fun.

Then apparently I got some flack for selling a few items on ebay from a few members.   Apparently some members thought that this was an atrocity.

Well, not that i should have to defend myself.....
A little bit ago a picked up a  lot of empty HuCard cases - probably from a rental store or something.  The cases didn't even have the fronts on them....I couldn't pass up that deal though since i know these cases are hard to find (and the "going rate" for new ones is $15-$20 a pop if you can find them). So I cannibalized my old CD collection for fronts, since nobody gives a crap about Cds anymore.....haha.

I also picked up a huge lot of games and a core system - it was a great price, and i needed a lot of the games.  Half of them didn't have cases either.

So, everything for sale or trade were doubles for me, but I needed the cases for my Loose Hucards and manuals.   So i peeled the spine labels off and got those sweet custom spine labels here.   And instead of just throwing these away (again, i know these can be hard to find), i figured i'd offer them up to another TG16 fan that might need/want original spine labels; Might not be able to find the custom ones; or just want to make something cool with them.   If not body wants them, so be it.   But why waste them?

Yeah, so I'd like to get a few bucks back on them if i can.  What's wrong with that?  It let's me build my TG16 collection even further.....   Like a lot of collectors out there, this is a hobby for me, not a business.  I'm not rich, and can't afford the going $50-$100 for a lot of the games, so I have to be creative to come up with funds for my collection.   (And before anyone says something about me buying these large lots of items - I recently sold some of my Atari collection, Star Wars collection, and Blurays to afford these).  I'm a collector at heart, and have been since I've been young. 

As for the games, I had also put all of my doubles up for trade here in the forum, but no takers, probably since they are mostly commons.   So instead of letting them sit and collect dust, i figure i sell them to get some funds to put back into my collection.

And now all of my loose Hucards have homes and nice new spine labels on the cases.

Well, judge me how you will.....I'm sure almost everyone on here has sold something in their lifetime because they didn't want to see it thrown away.
Hell, I'm sure you guys would still judge me even if I did throw them away.... You just can't win sometimes.

As much as I like this board, some of you are very quick to pass judgement.
I'm really sick of this "holier than thou" attitude from people online.
Again, nice job at making someone feel welcome guys!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:59:28 AM by spawnshop »

VenomMacbeth

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:04:48 AM »
This should be in fighting street.  Lol
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ginoscope

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:17:17 AM »
I wouldn't take it that serious think of it like being a freshman in high school and all the old seniors are hazing you.  Seeing the pic of the spine labels out of context was odd but it seems you had good intentions.

I been here for about a year and it grows on you.  The community is really good and helpful and really cares about playing games. 

tbone3969

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 05:29:30 AM »
Welcome aboard.

And my advice is to just be patient and ride out the initial hazing.  I found it quite fun.  I was ridiculed for months and even banned for two weeks once. 

Love it. 

I always liked the heels in pro wrestling.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

esteban

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 05:56:10 AM »
Welcome, comrade :)

Ha!

If I'm not lazy, I'll recycle my post from the other thread.
  |    | 

spawnshop

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 05:57:03 AM »
Thanks guys.
Yeah, i get this a bit on other boards.  But it's very apparent on this one.   I noticed it even before i signed up, but just ignored it then.   Will ignore it now too.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 06:07:03 AM »
I was even banned for two weeks once. 
There must have been a reason.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »
Nice Pickups!!!  Welcome aboard!!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
Dude, chill. Its just kinda Meh City, pop. your face to cannibalize cases to games other than, oh, I don't Keith or TV Sports Football, ya know?

Thanks..... or something, I guess, for trying to recycle the labels you took from those
cases. Honestly, the whole thing wouldn't be so icky if you just raffled them or something, though.

Take care and take some .

spawnshop

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 03:55:58 AM »
Dude, chill. Its just kinda Meh City, pop. your face to cannibalize cases to games other than, oh, I don't Keith or TV Sports Football, ya know?

Way to go public education system!   :clap:

lukester

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 06:47:11 AM »
So people now sell old dirty labels?

This is a very strange hobby indeed.

incrediblehark

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 11:15:14 AM »
I don't know your situation, but It would only bother me if you acquired games here for a decent price and then turned around and upsold them on ebay. Not saying that's what you did (no idea or care to find out) but it can rub people the wrong way here. And I understand selling your old stuff or dupes to get new stuff, I'm not rich either, and have even less money to burn on games than I did 5-10 years ago now that I have real life responsibilities.

Have patience with the forums, there are a lot of good people here who mean well and are happy to help out, and go out of their way to spread the PCE love to all.

spawnshop

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words - i appreciate it.
And @incrediblehark, no, i would never buy games from a forum for cheap, then upsell on ebay.   That is just wrong.  Most of my turnarounds are from large lots bought from ebay or garage sale, and only sell dupes.

I will be sticking around, reading, commenting, etc.   This place looks like a lot of fun.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »

This is how the kids talk these days. Cue up, old man pecker-piss. lol

spawnshop

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »

This is how the kids talk these days. Cue up, old man pecker-piss. lol

LOL..... I do feel like an old man.  Especially when i talk pop-culture with the 20-something guys at work.  Only 39, but feel like 50+.   Must be why i'm into retro gaming - keeps me young....Haha!