Author Topic: PC-FX homebrew... would you buy it?  (Read 921 times)

nodtveidt

PC-FX homebrew... would you buy it?
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:53:44 AM »
Poll. :P

DragonmasterDan

Re: PC-FX homebrew... would you buy it?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:56:38 AM »
Where is the "So you can port it to Virtual Boy" checkbox option?
--DragonmasterDan

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:57:36 AM »
Where is the "So you can port it to Virtual Boy" checkbox option?
I said ambitious, not suicidal. :P

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 05:00:09 AM »
PC-FX seriously could use some more love. I voted I'd buy it if it didn't suck, but to be honest, I'd probably buy it even if it did.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 05:03:29 AM »
PC-FX seriously could use some more love. I voted I'd buy it if it didn't suck, but to be honest, I'd probably buy it even if it did.

Yeah, I'd probably buy it regardless too.  But we want to encourage something good!!

Like I said in chat, you should do some goofy FMV game first as a proof of concept. Convert Ninja Hayate or Road Blaster or something.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

MNKyDeth

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 05:05:12 AM »
From my perspective...

I do not own a PC-FX. Not sure if I ever will. However checking yahoo Japan it seems a console can be had for relatively cheap imo.

If the game was along the type of games I enjoy most RPG's, dungeon crawlers I most likely would. If it was another platformer or shooter it's a rather large maybe, but this is rather subjective as I really enjoy some platformers and shooters.

The biggest thing holding me back is how I connect it to my computer monitor. Via XRGB-mini. I would hope I could connect it in a way with RGB or component so I am not looking at a blurry mess. My previous readings on this console suggested it can't be RGB modded. However I am unaware of component.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 05:11:46 AM »
I voted yes if it's good.  My threshold for good is pretty low (liking Hatris says it all, no?), but I wouldn't buy just anything at any price.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 05:19:49 AM »
I'd love to do art for any PC-FX related homebrew games so if any of you aspiring PC-FX devs needs an artist, let me know or send them my way. :)
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

deubeul

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 05:26:38 AM »

Same here, but I would also pay for a translation of TI, Miraculum, Nirgends, Power Dolls, or one of the other great games. 

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 05:29:35 AM »
Miraculum was getting a translation, last time I knew... of course, that was like... three years ago. :lol:

deubeul

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 05:31:47 AM »
I've read that, and patiently waiting  :mrgreen:

nodtveidt

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 07:45:22 AM »
I went ahead and picked up a PC-FX from a domestic seller for a smidge under $200 shipped... shit just got real. :D

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »
I voted yes if good. Normally I'd say the FX-sized user base is too small, but the FX wasn't just unpopular, it also has almost no good games....f*ck...almost no *games* at all.

Most people with a SNES would rather play Mario, but most people with an FX are dying to play anything. If it was a DX version of Mysterious Song or something of that quality I would finally buy an FX.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 08:10:17 AM »
Would the Turbo/TurboCD or something get a downgraded port? I really don't want yet another console just for homebrew. With all the 8 and 16 bit systems getting homebrew, not sure we really need another failed system revived.

Punch

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 08:21:50 AM »
What about the new coleco console?