Author Topic: N00b Question  (Read 1174 times)

Vanquish

N00b Question
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »
what  is that sound issue?

SignOfZeta

N00b Question
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 11:30:03 AM »
Quote from: "Vanquish"
what  is that sound issue?

The capacitors in the sound circuit crap out leaving you with huge sound issues. Changes made to the R/RX fixed this.

Honestly though I have a US Duo with a *ton* of hours on it. Probably 1000+, and never had this problem. Either have other Turbo Duo owners I know.

Buy a Duo R/RX, not because of the sound problem, but because its vastly cooler looking.

takashirose

N00b Question
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »
My Turbo Duo was the same package from 1992/1993.  Mine was manufactured on January 1993.  It works perfectly for me.  The only thing that happens now and again is that the music for my Lords of Thunder game dies out.  The sound effects work.  The music starts playing after a short while or after resetting the system.  It only happens with that game.  All the other cd-games and hu-cards work perfectly.  Maybe the Lords of Thunder music is too good for it.  ha ha.
Let the old mix with the new.

FM-77

N00b Question
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 01:44:44 PM »
Fades out, eh? Definitely sounds like a capacitor problem. Using equipment with faulty capacitors can (will, eventally) result in more damage.

takashirose

N00b Question
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »
It happens once in a while with ONLY Lords of Thunder.  It's not a problem.

takashirose

N00b Question
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 01:51:08 PM »
I mean it is a problem, but I am not worried about it because it only happens with that game.

Keranu

N00b Question
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 05:47:31 PM »
Strange that it only happens when you play Lords. You know, a person I talked to once said that he thought his Duo was suffering the sound problem too because aftering booting up Lords in it from it being packed away for so long, he said it started to fade out or something. I could be wrong, but I recall him saying that other CD games didn't do it either. I would have to check with him about this, strange.

EDIT: It just occured to me, maybe the CD tracks in Lords of Thunder are so hardcore that it needs extra capacitor juice just for itself? :D
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

takashirose

N00b Question
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 05:39:24 AM »
Really?  I know the music is awesome, but do you think it needed more capacitor juice?  They should make a direct sequel to Lords of Thunder and keep it as a 2-d shooter.  The music should be in a similar style, but with beautiful vocals.  Imagine if the music of Lords of Thunder had vocals to match the music, it would would be extreme art.

Black Tiger

N00b Question
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
Really?  I know the music is awesome, but do you think it needed more capacitor juice?  They should make a direct sequel to Lords of Thunder and keep it as a 2-d shooter.  The music should be in a similar style, but with beautiful vocals.  Imagine if the music of Lords of Thunder had vocals to match the music, it would would be extreme art.

I'm still waiting for 720p 2D handrawn games. Guilty Gear looks cool, but I want something more like Lords or a questy Castlevania with nicely shaded graphics.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

takashirose

N00b Question
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »
I want a Lords of Thunder direct sequel with neo-classicl melodic metal with beautiful vocals and graphics(No,3-D isn't better all the time, you know.  2-D) to match.  :)

malducci

N00b Question
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 06:05:36 PM »
What about it being in 2.5D? ala the first contra game for PS2 (not that crappy 3D sequel). Ultimate GnG is 2.5D too and plays/looks great.

GUTS

N00b Question
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »
That second Contra game was awesome and had that crazy Contra feel, Shattered Soldier was so bland and boring.

takashirose

N00b Question
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 05:46:21 AM »
Shattered soldier was a 2-d game with 3-D graphics.  A 2.5D games is like the game Nights for the Saturn.  2.5D gives you the illusion of a 3D game, but never really "roams".

Chakan

N00b Question
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 06:41:19 AM »
Like Strider 2 or Psychic Killer Taroumaru. I loves me some 2.5D.

malducci

N00b Question
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 09:47:46 AM »
Takashirose: Were I come from, 2.5D means a 2D play style game in a 3D environment or partial 3D/2D environment. 2.5D is the average of a 2D game in a 3D environment - (2D+3D)/2=2.5D :D  :D  :D

GUTS: One very good reason (among others) why the second Contra game on PS2 is utter crap - there's a little talking DOG as one of the main villians! For Contra storyline - that is just the stupidest thing I've seen. The game hit an low point at that moment for me. Little talking dogs don't belong in Contra. Period.

Plus, the game had poor production design. I can't believe it was done by the same team. Good thing I only spent $15 on it :D