Author Topic: DUO RX emits buzzing/humming sound from speakers  (Read 278 times)

dave_van_damn

DUO RX emits buzzing/humming sound from speakers
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »
My Duo RX emits quite a lot of buzzing from the TV speakers when playing games. No audio skipping or anything like that - just a constant hum. It gets noticably worse when the screen fades to white or there's a white background on the screen.

Compared to my Breifcase set up, the hum is much louder. I figured it was a capacitor issue but I've searched the forums for info but people are saying that DUO-R/RX don't suffer from capacitor issues. Any ideas, gang?

Thanks again!

EDIT - Tried a bunch of different cables and eventually found one that doesn't have this effect, so I gues it was due to a cheap cable. Sorry!  :oops: :oops: :oops:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:11:07 PM by dave_van_damn »

Keith Courage

Re: DUO RX emits buzzing/humming sound from speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »
is this system by chance RGB modified? With an RGB modified system this is a sign of a poor quality cable

dave_van_damn

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 01:05:18 PM »
is this system by chance RGB modified? With an RGB modified system this is a sign of a poor quality cable

No, it just uses the regular AV cable. I have 3 in total, 2 made the humming sound and the 3rd (which was of noticably better build quality) was fine. Although I've since noticed it's not outputting in stereo  ](*,)

mickcris

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:15:43 PM »

No, it just uses the regular AV cable. I have 3 in total, 2 made the humming sound and the 3rd (which was of noticably better build quality) was fine. Although I've since noticed it's not outputting in stereo  ](*,)

its probably a genesis 1/master system cable if its only one channel coming out.

mickcris

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
also what power supply are you using?  an original or a cheap aftermarket one?  you could try a genesis 2 or ps2 slim power supply if you are using a cheap one.  the power supply could be what is causing the issue.