Author Topic: Did I get a decent deal?  (Read 995 times)

gex

Did I get a decent deal?
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:33 AM »
Picking up a TurboExpress (recapped) with its original box for $230USD and the tuner attachment.

Good deal? Fair? I haven't bought one before

Doesn't come with the bonk 3 in the picture haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:47:50 AM by gex »

SignOfZeta

Re: Did I get a decent deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 09:29:21 AM »
What difference does it make? It's yours now.

When you care it's usually a good idea to ask these kinds of questions *before* you buy. Otherwise the knowledge is useless.

I would say this is an OK deal though, to answer your question.

gex

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:31:54 AM »

When you care it's usually a good idea to ask these kinds of questions *before* you buy. Otherwise the knowledge is useless.

Nope, I said "I'm picking up". As in I don't own it yet, but I have plans to come see it tonight

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »
Assuming it's in good condition inside and out, that ain't a bad deal.  The TurboVision isn't FM, though, it's for TV signals; there's not many analog signals nowadays, so it's more for collecting, but it's still useful for shits and giggles to use the 'Express as a monitor.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gex

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:39:50 AM »
Assuming it's in good condition inside and out, that ain't a bad deal.  The TurboVision isn't FM, though, it's for TV signals; there's not many analog signals nowadays, so it's more for collecting, but it's still useful for shits and giggles to use the 'Express as a monitor.

Ohhh I always wondered how to output the signal to a tv. I thought it was a special cord or something. Thanks!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 10:43:32 AM »
Picking up a TurboExpress...

Hey Tommy. How ya been?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 11:12:49 AM »

Ohhh I always wondered how to output the signal to a tv. I thought it was a special cord or something. Thanks!

It doesn't output the signal to TV, it tunes TV. You watch TV on it...nowadays I hope you live near some really improvised TV stations though since it's almost impossible to use anywhere.

Nope, I said "I'm picking up". As in I don't own it yet, but I have plans to come see it tonight

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were in a hurry or just terrible with English. With no prior posts I didn't have much to work with other than an incomplete sentence.

And if you think *I'm* an a$$hole, wait until you get yelled at for the Tapatalk thing, on a forum that when visited plainly tells you to use it.

gex

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »

It doesn't output the signal to TV, it tunes TV. You watch TV on it...nowadays I hope you live near some really improvised TV stations though since it's almost impossible to use anywhere.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were in a hurry or just terrible with English. With no prior posts I didn't have much to work with other than an incomplete sentence.

And if you think *I'm* an a$$hole, wait until you get yelled at for the Tapatalk thing, on a forum that when visited plainly tells you to use it.
Why would I think you're an a$$hole lol

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
Seemed like a good deal until you said that Bonk 3 isn't included. Instead it's just fair. I wouldn't have paid that much if it wasn't recapped.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

gex

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »
Seemed like a good deal until you said that Bonk 3 isn't included. Instead it's just fair. I wouldn't have paid that much if it wasn't recapped.
Hmmm ok, I might have to rethink then. Thanks for your input

SignOfZeta

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »
I think he's f*cking with you. Bonk 3 goes for that much by itself and you specifically said it WAS recapped, right?

gex

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 02:19:32 PM »
I think he's f*cking with you. Bonk 3 goes for that much by itself and you specifically said it WAS recapped, right?
It has been recently recapped yes, doesn't bonk just the hu card go for around 160?

jbeedham

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 09:57:28 AM »
I just checked and cheapest one on Ebay is $299 without any mention of being recapped. I don't now how much a recap is on one of these things but that's gotta be at least $50 worth of labor. If you want it. Get it. Seems like a good deal.

BTW, I used to own a TurboExpress and a GameBoy back in the day when they were new. TurboExpress is simply awesome and blows the Gameboy out of the water any day of the week. Also, the TV tuner was awesome when Analog stations still existed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:59:33 AM by jbeedham »
Turbo Duo serial#33005824A

wildfruit

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 10:07:19 AM »

BTW, I used to own a TurboExpress and a GameBoy back in the day when they were new. TurboExpress is simply awesome and blows the Gameboy out of the water any day of the week.
Hmmm I don't know about that. Game boy is pretty damn awesome.

jbeedham

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 10:13:57 AM »

BTW, I used to own a TurboExpress and a GameBoy back in the day when they were new. TurboExpress is simply awesome and blows the Gameboy out of the water any day of the week.
Hmmm I don't know about that. Game boy is pretty damn awesome.

In respect to games, there are some pretty damn awesome games on the Gameboy and that's why I owned one. However, as far as graphics and sound goes, TurboExpress is better in my opinion. Plus it was just insanely awesome at the time that you could play the same game on your TV with a TurboGrafx and also on the road with the TurboExpress.
Turbo Duo serial#33005824A