Author Topic: List of games that support Avenue 6?  (Read 715 times)

Dragon

List of games that support Avenue 6?
« on: June 05, 2016, 05:47:16 PM »
Been emulating games for a while and I've come to the decision that I need this system in my life. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to get Avenue 6 controllers or just stick with the normal controllers, but I'm having trouble finding a list of games that you can use them with. I'd imagine street fighter and probably the other fighting games, is that it?

Also, how rare are the arcade sticks (I've seen pictures but can't remember what they're called.)? I would love to have 1 or 2 for all the great shmups on this system.

vestcoat

Re: List of games that support Avenue 6?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
Hey, welcome to the forums. I made a list BITD that's stickied in the PC Engine section:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=764.0

esteban

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 07:15:23 PM »
Hey, welcome to the forums. I made a list BITD that's stickied in the PC Engine section:

Where the heck have you been?

:)
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 07:24:55 PM »

Stickying things, no doubt. :3

esteban

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:31:01 PM »

Stickying things, no doubt. :3

Oui.

SRSLY.

|    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »
That thing is creppy. <3

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 06:31:05 AM »

You won't hear from him again until someone asks for a list of memory base, bi-compatible or 6 button games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 09:57:04 AM »

You won't hear from him again until someone asks for a list of memory base, bi-compatible or 6 button games.

I know!

Every three years, someone asks about MB128 and he is quick to assist!

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »
I hope we hear from him again soon with some newb audit lulz.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
^ Ha!  Second that!

Dragon

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »

Thanks for that. Seems like I'll be just fine with the regular controllers and a joystick or 2 if I can find them at a good price.

vestcoat

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 08:35:53 PM »
I stop by once or twice a week to scan for homebrew progress, new aftermarket products, and the latest Zeta rant. I tracked down the last of the games I wanted years ago and replaced my screen time with my other childhood hobby: old school Dungeons & Dragons (a much more social activity that doesn't involve glowing rectangles), so I don't have much to talk about. But rest assured, I'll be here till I'm dead and my console isn't going anywhere.

esteban

List of games that support Avenue 6?
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
I stop by once or twice a week to scan for homebrew progress, new aftermarket products, and the latest Zeta rant. I tracked down the last of the games I wanted years ago and replaced my screen time with my other childhood hobby: old school Dungeons & Dragons (a much more social activity that doesn't involve glowing rectangles), so I don't have much to talk about. But rest assured, I'll be here till I'm dead and my console isn't going anywhere.

I have been volunteering at a book sale fundraiser this week and found the original  D&D Monster Manual and Dungeon Master Manual!

I remembered every damn entry in the Monster Manual...I will go to the grave with that info.

It's been 20-30 years since I looked at that stuff (sadly, I couldn't find any AD&D stuff).

A reseller snatched up the D&D stuff quickly, but I was happy to reminisce.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:04:26 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
There are a number of CD titles that need the 6-button controllers. Of all Hucard releases, only Street Fighter II Champion Edition and it's sexy knockoff "Strip Fighter" actually use the 6-button control scheme. I own Street Fighter and it's a PITA to try to play with a normal controller. No pause function, Run is your third punch/kick, and Select swaps between kicking and punching. That said, my Cthulhu arcade stick works nicely with it as it supports 2- and 6-button control schemes, even though I tend to randomly mash buttons and generally suck at fighters.

However if you're going to get a 3rd party controller, I would recommend an Avenue 3 controller over the Avenue 6 as it's a lot more useful in many games in that you can map Start or Select to the third button making certain games more accessible. Activating turbo-hold function on button III can also serve as a kind of ghetto slo-mo in certain games. It really depends on what you want to play, but the 6-button controllers IMO are getting kind of spendy now.

TheClash603

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 02:36:40 PM »

I have been volunteering at a book sale fundraiser this week and found the original  D&D Monster Manual and Dungeon Master Manual!

I remembered every damn entry in the Monster Manual...I will go to the grave with that info.

It's been 20-30 years since I looked at that stuff (sadly, I couldn't find any AD&D stuff).

A reseller snatched up the D&D stuff quickly, but I was happy to reminisce.

None of my friends would ever play D&D with me and to this day it kills me inside that I never enjoyed the fun.  I will provide the snacks if you guys travel here to play?