Author Topic: Best Turbo shooter under $50?  (Read 1457 times)

jtucci31

Re: Best Turbo shooter under $50?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 01:27:29 PM »
Super Star Soldier or any game in the Soldier series you don't already have. Aeroblasters.

I don't know, is anything on eBay less than $50?
Sadly I doubt any of those are under $50 anymore

wiseau

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »
Almost forgot Sidearms, pretty great shooter that you can get for 15 if you have some patience, 25 if not.

csgx1

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »
Most of the good ones were already mentioned. 

Cyber Core and Avenger PCE CD are two shooters that I like and should be under $50.

Punch

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 02:01:52 PM »
Most of the good ones were already mentioned. 

Cyber Core and Avenger PCE CD are two shooters that I like and should be under $50.

Super Darius too, pretty good price for a good shooter.

deubeul

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
I was going to say Override but damn, just had a lok on Ebay...   :shock:

Chou Aniki, Image Fight, Salamander, Zero Wing, Rabio Lepus, Atomic Robo-Kid, Ordyne, Gradius, Kyūkyoku Tiger...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:00:26 PM by deubeul »

Black Tiger

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 03:17:14 PM »
Anyone considering Sidearms should get Sidearms Special.

BlaZing LaZers is being gouged because of collectards, but is still under $50. Both regions of Aeroblasters is as well and so is PCE Super Star Soldier.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

780racer

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 03:24:51 PM »
Blazing lazers is by far my favorite Hue card shooter. IDK, it was my first, and my favorite.

CD games is close, but I think Lords has it for me.

Tons of others that could compete, most were mentioned.
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

martinine

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 03:31:04 PM »
Blazing Lazers is one of my most cherished Turbo games. If you don't have it, I would definitely look there first.  It's been going from absurdly low to absurdly high lately. It doesn't make any sense.

If you want a solid import eBay store, search seller hit-Japan 

I ordered some games from them last week, and they are already here. Amazing speed. I've gotten stuff slower from states near me in NC.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

neopolss

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 04:01:12 PM »
I love blazing lasers.  Great game, hopefully still affordable.  Spriggan?  At one point it used to be decent priced as well.

Black Tiger

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »
hit japan is hit or miss, generally overpriced and if he doesn't like an offer you make he might ban you.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

jbeedham

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »
Can you play CDs? L-dis is decent and can be had on the cheap. I think I paid $12 shipped

Yes I can play CD's. I have a TurboDuo.
Turbo Duo serial#33005824A

SignOfZeta

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »
hit japan is hit or miss, generally overpriced and if he doesn't like an offer you make he might ban you.

Yeah, HJ used to be super cheap, now they know about the retro gaming boom and they're not going to let every retro game be sucked out of Japan without someone paying well for it.

Some of those prices...$2400 for Char's Gamecube? His $1400 PCE LTs seem fair by comparison. I guess that's the long term goal of most gougers, lie about what it's worth until they believe it, then cut a "deal" that in itself was the main gouge all along.

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »
Blazing Lazers is one of my most cherished Turbo games. If you don't have it, I would definitely look there first.  It's been going from absurdly low to absurdly high lately. It doesn't make any sense.
Dude Blazing Lazers is the best SHMUP hands down on any system ever made. Tons of action going on, multitude of upgrades at your disposal, and not punishingly difficult or unfair, ie like many later one-hit death bullet hells. If you're powered up enough, you can take a couple hits before your ship is destroyed when your lazer reverts back to standard weapon, watch out, because one more hit will likely kill you. Pay attention to which powerups you collect. My favorite is the III beams.

I'm lucky I picked it up last fall just before it really started to climb. If you enjoy shooters, you owe yourself to pick this one up! :clap:

rxmage

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 01:23:51 AM »
Not my favorite, but it has a following.  Space Harrier can be found for less then $50 CIC.

geise

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »
Almost forgot Sidearms, pretty great shooter that you can get for 15 if you have some patience, 25 if not.
Yeah, that is a good one.  I still rock that game every now and then.  I still have yet to play Sidearms Special on CD.

Regarding Spriggan, it is my favorite shooter on the system.  Surprisingly it can still be had between $50 and $75.  If you gives no shits about spine cards you can get it for $50.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:44:07 AM by geise »