Author Topic: Recommend me some good games for two player simultaneous action...  (Read 1153 times)

Otaking

Re: Recommend me some good games for two player simultaneous action...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 09:21:13 AM »
I had great fun playing 2 player PC Genjin 3 quite recently, I'd definitely recommend that.

So Bonk 3 have a two player mode? Gotta check that one out thanks!

Yeah I think it plays really well in 2 player, I find some platform games don't. Generally it's thought of as inferior compared to the first two games, but I really like the game.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »
Of course I recommend Bomberman 93 and 94 more than anything, but also I'm going to throw out a weird one nobody mentions; Formation Soccer On J-League, a HuCARD from 1994.

Yeah, it's sports, but it's genuinly fun. The control is great and since its soccer it's easy to understand for anyone. This goes a long way for someone like me who has never played an NFL type game with any level of understanding whatsoever.

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated! :dance:

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 01:23:46 PM »
Bonk 3, Battle Lode Runner, Parasol Stars, Double Dungeons, Strip Fighter 2 (good for a laugh), 1943, and Cadash.
For the record, I've actually played Strip Fighter a bit. Sadly the nudey girls don't show up if you're playing anything less than standard difficulty.

I own Super Street Fighter II CE and I can play it with my Cthulhu stick in 6-button mode, but in general fighting games generally suck on a standard turbo pad. But yeah, my friend and I would be playing with the same handicap sooo...

TheClash603

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 02:15:07 PM »
Moto Roader and Cadash are the games my friends most easily get into.

You can play co-op Yo Bro where one person uses the controller and the other sings the Beach Boys.

esteban

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
You can play co-op Yo Bro where one person uses the controller and the other sings the Beach Boys.

Depending on one's singing abilities, this might not be co-op.

:)
  |    | 

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 04:45:18 PM »
Okay I got the Hucards laid out for tomorrow. All three Bomberns, Parasol Stars, and Bonk III (Everdrive). Any last minute suggestions, post here. Take care and good night.

drewbrim

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 06:01:34 PM »
Dungeon Explorer needs to be in your rotation tomorrow.  Truly cooperative and my favorite soundtrack of any HuCard.  Once you gain the ability to play discs then Mystic Formula should be high on your co-op priority of games to track down.....or burn.

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »
Yeah RPGs are hard to get into casually. Also tried out Salamander and others but my friend is horrible at SHMUPs. Unless player two can just jump in at any time. I'll need to investigate Salamander later for myself... :wink:

Bonknuts

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 04:18:17 AM »
Sapphire. If you don't have this, and the setup for this, then you're not even ready yet for friends to come over.

drewbrim

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 05:57:53 AM »
Yeah RPGs are hard to get into casually. Also tried out Salamander and others but my friend is horrible at SHMUPs. Unless player two can just jump in at any time. I'll need to investigate Salamander later for myself... :wink:

Nota traditional RPG....more like gauntlet with a story/purpose.  I wouldn't consider it as casual as a shooter or platformer, but it's casual enough for a multiple hour session.

spenoza

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
Splash Lake is also 2PS, if I recall. Rather fun, but also rather dangerous.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Gredler

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
Have I suggested Hit the Ice and TV Sports Hockey?

bob

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 01:28:43 PM »
Final Match Tennis on PCE may be the best 16-Bit version of pong ever.

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »
Sapphire. If you don't have this, and the setup for this, then you're not even ready yet for friends to come over.
I thought I stated in my OP that I do not have a CD drive. [-(

Regardless, my friend came over and first we watched Dead Pool on BluRay. Awesome movie btw. Then we played Bomberman '93 Special (multiplayer only) for an hour or so, and Bonk III after that. Great matches overall though I think we both had more self kills than proper victories. In hindsight I should have suggested Parasol Stars as our second game since Bonk III got tiring going into the second stage. There are a lot of vertical areas which can be a pain to back track if one player falls down off screen. We did reach the Stage 2 boss before squandering our remaining lives. Overall not perfect multiplayer and probably better experience played solo. I own Bonk and Bonk II CIC but haven't really played Bonk III much on my Everdrive. After that ordeal my friend decided he had enough of Turbografx so we played a few online Mario Kart 8 wifi matches and a bit of Mario 3D World on my Wii-U before it was time for him to leave. Thank you all for the suggestions though. Next time he comes over we'll definitely be revisiting the Bomberman series games, and I'll try to sneak in a bit of Parasol Stars.  :P

I wish my fiance enjoyed games half as much as I do, then I'd at least get to experience local multiplayer more often... :-({|=

Have I suggested Hit the Ice and TV Sports Hockey?
Final Match Tennis on PCE may be the best 16-Bit version of pong ever.
I may give the sports titles a try sometime. I'll need to see how they play first in single player though. My friend wanted to play NFL Blitz again but alas my translucent smokey N64 is dismantled in preparation for an upcoming LED mod.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:01:55 PM by StarDust4Ever »