Author Topic: PC Engine capacitor replacement???  (Read 284 times)

shugs81

PC Engine capacitor replacement???
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
Just a bit of a noon question, and I've searched and been unable to find a cap replacement chart for the white pc engine...

Am I right in thinking there isn't one or am I being blind?

I'm getting a load of caps for th cdrom and thought I might as well change the ones in the pc engine too... if it needs it... oh... and what about the IFU????

Keith Courage

Re: PC Engine capacitor replacement???
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 02:04:52 PM »
I have yet to come across a pc engine or IFU that has needed new caps. Primarily it's the black DUOs whether it being US or JP that have bad caps. Oh and the gray super cdrom2 drives.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:27:44 PM by Keith Courage »

blueraven

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »
Just a bit of a noon question, and I've searched and been unable to find a cap replacement chart for the white pc engine...

Am I right in thinking there isn't one or am I being blind?

I'm getting a load of caps for th cdrom and thought I might as well change the ones in the pc engine too... if it needs it... oh... and what about the IFU????

I made up a guide on photoshop because I had a crazy unit that had a ton of problems but I never posted it. I will look for it tonight and add it to the repair threads.

In the meantime, you can look at this thread;  Original PC Engine (White) RGB Amp Installation & Overhaul Guide.

I've since finished that unit with some much needed help from thesteve. It did have some bad caps, but it was because of a nasty short that was blowing the fuse every few minutes. I will update that thread as well shortly.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:23:00 PM by blueraven »
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

shugs81

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:46:00 PM »
Cheers guys... I looked at the thread you mentioned... which is why I haven't opened mine up yet to give it all a clean!!! Bit scared it may a fall apart!!! :D

blueraven

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
Cheers guys... I looked at the thread you mentioned... which is why I haven't opened mine up yet to give it all a clean!!! Bit scared it may a fall apart!!! :D

Cool, NP.

To be fair, ApolloBoy was 100% right, and that was the reason why the photos look kind of like a nightmare. Wire was too thick and the DIN plug was larger than it needed to be. I was really figuring the thing out as I went along. More soon.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

shugs81

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 07:12:17 PM »
Lol... if I'd tried to figure it out on my own it would be a pile of solder and melted plastic!! I can follow guides well but working things out on my own is where stuff goes wrong!!!