Author Topic: Price check  (Read 1064 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Price check
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 02:54:09 AM »
If you're looking to sell, put it on ebay starting at a $1 and see where it ends.  I'd guess in the $400-500 range.

If you're looking to buy, why do you give a shit what I think it's worth?  I'm gonna open it anyway, so I'd not pay any more than what a nice open copy would cost, but pay whatever it's worth to you.

If you're asking just for some e-dick waving about the awesomeness of your 1337 collection, nobody gives a f*ck.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jonebone

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 04:00:02 AM »
Ebay.com

"Rondo of Blood"

Condition -> New

Completed Listings

Going for $125-$150 sealed. 

That was hard.

This is why prices of "retro" games in general are so chaotic and out of control. Collectors don't know or understand what they're collecting.

Well, yes, I'd assume buyers would do their own homework before spending money.  If they can't do that, then unfortunately there will be plenty of people to prey on them with as rampant as reproductions have been.

@Otaking, nice catch.  I don't know anything about the title, just thought the OP was too lazy to eBay himself.

DarkKobold

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »
If you're looking to sell, put it on ebay starting at a $1 and see where it ends.  I'd guess in the $400-500 range.

If you're looking to buy, why do you give a shit what I think it's worth?  I'm gonna open it anyway, so I'd not pay any more than what a nice open copy would cost, but pay whatever it's worth to you.

If you're asking just for some e-dick waving about the awesomeness of your 1337 collection, nobody gives a f*ck.

Loooooots of assumptions being made there. What if he's trading it, and wants to figure out what a "fair" value is? What if he's wanting to sell it to a friend at a "bro" price? Hard to sell for a "bro" price if you don't know what the market rate is. There can be lots of reasons to want to know a price that aren't maximizing profits, nefarious or ego-related.

OP, this is a players forum, more than a collectors forum. Many people here tend to dislike sealed game collectors. You'll probably get better answers elsewhere on the web.
Hey, you.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 04:57:10 AM »
Loooooots of assumptions being made there. What if he's trading it, and wants to figure out what a "fair" value is? What if he's wanting to sell it to a friend at a "bro" price? Hard to sell for a "bro" price if you don't know what the market rate is. There can be lots of reasons to want to know a price that aren't maximizing profits, nefarious or ego-related.

I didn't state or even imply that those three scenarios were the only possible reasons to ask a price, so the only one making assumptions is you.

L-Digital

Price check
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
Wow, this thread got crazy.
I was offered it for £300 recently and wanted to know if I was right to turn it down or just missed a mad bargain. It appeared to be completely original but I didn't know how to be sure in the spot so played it safe. I could probably still get it or at least some pics. It was definitely not dick waving.

I agree, I don't buy games to keep them sealed either, but this was an odd situation and I was curious. I didn't expect the thread to get so heated

Otaking

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 12:24:28 PM »
I was offered it for £300 recently and wanted to know if I was right to turn it down or just missed a mad bargain. It appeared to be completely original but I didn't know how to be sure in the spot so played it safe. I could probably still get it or at least some pics. It was definitely not dick waving.

I agree, I don't buy games to keep them sealed either, but this was an odd situation and I was curious. I didn't expect the thread to get so heated

Currently in 2016, £300 for a new sealed genuine copy of Dracula X is a fair price I guess.
I put genuine in bold as it's key.

nopepper

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »

You think this is heated?!? You should try talking about Dragon Egg or something like that, if you want heated. Dracula X doesn't deserve the raised emotions of the PCEFX community.

BTW, if you just want a nice used copy, there are lots of reference points to price it out. It's not like the game is rare or anything. Sealed, it is whatever you are willing to pay for that premium fresh-y feeling.

Arjak

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 05:29:08 AM »
So here's the plan...we get the Magical Chase...and hold it ransom for...

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

blueraven

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »

I'm sure people will start flipping the f*ck out any minute.

I paid £47 for it like 7 years ago, and the British guy that sold it to me sent me this all ALL CAPS email about how his wife (who shipped it to me) had put it up on eBay by accident and he would have cancelled the transaction but was away for work and how he hoped I enjoyed it and then blocked me from all of his future auctions.

Also, If you have it open it and play the damn thing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:04:38 PM by blueraven »
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

wildfruit

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 12:12:41 AM »

I'm sure people will start flipping the f*ck out any minute.

I paid £47 for it like 7 years ago, and the British guy that sold it to me sent me this all ALL CAPS email about how his wife (who shipped it to me) had put it up on eBay by accident and he would have cancelled the transaction but was away for work and how he hoped I enjoyed it and then blocked me from all of his future auctions.

Also, If you have it open it and play the damn thing.

I'll give you £48 right now!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 01:09:07 AM »

Ha!  What kind of Rimmer blames you for his wife's actions?

blueraven

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 07:53:47 AM »

Ha!  What kind of Rimmer blames you for his wife's actions?

He could have been Rimmer from Red Dwarf. The email had his temperament... Literally lost his f*cking shit in this email to me and about halfway though started telling me this story in the hopes that I would cancel the transaction and ship it back to him. It was after she had left me feedback too, so there was nothing to be done. I sent a reply saying; The transaction has been completed and I already have the item, and he sent a followup that was like "THANKS A LOT MATE ENJOY YOUR GAME". and then he reported the auction, eBay investigated, and ruled in my favor.

I'll give you £48 right now!

..apologies, man. NFS at the moment.

[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

xelement5x

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 07:58:14 AM »
Lol, that is a pretty awesome story.  That was still probably around $90 or so back then so the guy didn't get totally hosed, but I think the price was probably lower at that point too since the PSP version had been out for a bit.

I paid right around $90 for a copy in amazing shape it several years ago, felt fair to me at least.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

blueraven

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 08:04:36 AM »
Lol, that is a pretty awesome story.  That was still probably around $90 or so back then so the guy didn't get totally hosed, but I think the price was probably lower at that point too since the PSP version had been out for a bit.

I paid right around $90 for a copy in amazing shape it several years ago, felt fair to me at least.

Haha, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah it was right during the time Rondo had been released for the PSP, so the price dropped down to just under $80, and that's when I jumped. The copy I got from the UK was still $10 under the price of any US copy (around $90 at the time, plus priority, exactly as you said), and came to $78.25 shipped after the exchange. A lot of people didn't bid on the auction because the buyer said that he (his wife) would be out of town for a week after auction close so not to expect immediate shipment, and it was overseas. I was also undercharged on the shipping by about 2 pounds. Was one of most memorable moments even though it didn't seem like it at the time.
--