Author Topic: Turbo/PCE vs Genesis/MD: RPG library  (Read 1205 times)

geise

Re: Turbo/PCE vs Genesis/MD: RPG library
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »
Neo Nectaris!

Speaking of jrpgs, Star Breaker seems very good too, it looks like a Startling Odisssey 2 in the space.

I got Star Breaker 2 years ago for Secret Santa.  It's a very nice game.

One I'd like to add for the Genesis though (brown jokes aside) is Sword of Vermillion. I love that game and always find myself coming back to play it.

goldenband

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 07:25:33 AM »
Renovation have been on my radar for quite a while. The thing about their games is that they're usually at least interesting. Some of them are among my favorites on the system (e.g. Gain Ground, Granada), and even the unfortunate misfires still are worth experiencing.

The bottom of their barrel got pretty bad, but whose doesn't?

technozombie

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 03:38:43 PM »
Renovation have been on my radar for quite a while. The thing about their games is that they're usually at least interesting. Some of them are among my favorites on the system (e.g. Gain Ground, Granada), and even the unfortunate misfires still are worth experiencing.

The bottom of their barrel got pretty bad, but whose doesn't?
Looking at the Rennovation wiki, it looks like they only localized and published pre-existing games. That begs the question. Why would they publish a crappy game? I guess there is more too it than that.

goldenband

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 05:35:41 AM »
Looking at the Rennovation wiki, it looks like they only localized and published pre-existing games. That begs the question. Why would they publish a crappy game? I guess there is more too it than that.

Yeah, a lot of what we attribute to Renovation is really Wolf Team. The Renovation "style", such as it is, is largely made up of their games. But I also like several of the non-Wolf Team games like Gain Ground and even Todd's Adventures in Slime World (which with all its flaws was still super-addictive for me).

xelement5x

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 07:12:13 AM »
Todd's girlfriend in the PCE version is pretty hawt. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Bonknuts

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »
I like the Wolf Team graphic and sound style - it's got that early 16bit look and feel that I like so much.

esteban

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »
I like the Wolf Team graphic and sound style - it's got that early 16bit look and feel that I like so much.

I like the "Telenet House Band", too.

:)
  |    |