Author Topic: Pat & Ian video on TurboGrafx-16 Failure - What Could Have Saved It?  (Read 4036 times)

DarkKobold

Re: Pat & Ian video on TurboGrafx-16 Failure - What Could Have Saved It?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »

He wasn't saying he was reporting it to Ian, he was trying to prove that Ian wouldn't care that Zeta doesn't like Ian's podcasts...

That makes even less sense, if (according to him) he's already had this conversation with Ian. Additionally, given the initial aggressiveness of the post, and the fact that he said "this post" rather than "my post," it really seems like he was sending Technozombie's post to Ian. Hence, lulz.
Hey, you.

geise

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 02:35:23 PM »
although we do own some of the same synthesizers.
Awesome!

NightWolve

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
What a gyp, for one slight second there, I thought DarkKo was making a serious attempt to bring in some lulz as I looked at his post and text upsizing had begun, but it was a total fail, meme included... :/ Thanks for nothing!
I just thought it was pretty hilarious that he was "reporting it" to Ian. Its as if he thought anyone on this forum, including technozombie, gave two shits what Ian thinks. It came off as a totally useless bluster, which makes me laugh my ass off.

Oh come on, how do people miss such obvious sarcasm on Zeta's part ?? He's got a thicker skin than that! It was just a joke. That is pretty funny though that you'd think he'd run tattle tale over something as silly as this... Maybe it's worth it for the lulz now since some thought he might be Ian himself...

SignOfZeta

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
I don't understand DarkKobald. Maybe if I could remember why he hates me I could put the pieces together.

On the other hand, everyone but him seemed to get what I was saying, despite me replying to the wrong person.

The "reporting" thing is truely odd. I don't even know wtf...in this version of reality am I some kind of fanboy toady that that constantly sends street team updates to this show? I guess that's probably going on somewhere,  but in that case the toady is probably more loyal. I haven't heard the show in a year! Like I said, I'm familiar with Ian since before the show, don't know anything about Pat. It isn't a normal podcast/fan relationship. It's like if your neighbor was Twitter famous. I didn't even know he was doing it until it was f*cking huge. He never mentioned it.

bob

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2016, 03:46:29 PM »
I have had this screen-grab in my archives for a long time because it made me laugh way back when.  (May 22, 2013 to be precise.  according to date in top right corner)

NightWolve

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2016, 06:34:38 PM »
That can happen just by accidentally clicking the Report to Moderator link. Doesn't provide proof positive certainty he submitted one.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »
I don't remember doing that. If I did report someone it was probably because someone said "gay" or something. Like everyone here I usually revel in the drama like a pig in shit.

Does anyone remember being tattled on by me here?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 02:39:31 AM »
I don't understand DarkKobald.  Maybe if I could remember why he hates me I could put the pieces together.

I'm sure it's somehow my fault.

On the other hand, everyone but him seemed to get what I was saying, despite me replying to the wrong person.

Probably because we're not all idiots and/or desperate to 'prove' that anyone else is a horrible person.

Like everyone here I usually revel in the drama like a pig in shit.

Ha!

I don't remember doing that..... Does anyone remember being tattled on by me here?

No.  There essentially were no mods in 2013, so it's not like reporting a post would've done anything anyway; knowing that, I can't see you wasting your time.

But even if you did, who gives a f*ck?  It's not like you have to be suffering from severe butthurt to report a post, not when there's a$$holes like xray or misplaced threads to be moved.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Johnpv

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 03:56:57 AM »
I like Pat and Ian.  I like the podcast, and I had the chance to interact with them at the last two gaming conventions I went to.  Well just Pat at AVGC.  They were both really friendly, seemed down to earth and chill. 

Punch

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
I'm not a fan of youtubers that present themselves as experts on gaming, I don't like to watch two shmucks chatting in front of microphones and I really don't like Pat and his extremely punchable face. Only thing that gets close of being that awful are videos that have random footage of a trendy online FPS game while someone talks about something totally unrelated to the footage shown.

What could have saved the TG-16? Not hiring ex-Atari employees to manage the console launch (wtf?). Maybe not even having NEC in the equation whatsoever. Imagine if TTi had been around since day one, they could have done a lot better with 1/10 of the budget NEC had.

Punch

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 05:25:13 AM »
OK I watched the video and I want my time back... lol all "I'm an internet PC Engine expert!!!" boxes are checked in that video:

-Ughh Keith Courage was awful!
-Early 1990 game Bonk's Adventure as pack-in and mascot for a console that was released months earlier
-Street Fighter II in the US with a separate 6-button controller would have helped
-Johnny Turbo KILLED the Duo!

In Japan, Super Mario Bros. 2 was known as Doki Dorky Panic. I'm a NES expert ask me anything.

geise

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2016, 06:41:24 AM »
I don't hate the dudes or want to punch em in the face, but I do frown on the fact that they act like they know so much about the console.  Enough to even do a video such as this and state what if's as it's probably fact.

mickcris

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 07:02:43 AM »
I don't hate the dudes or want to punch em in the face, but I do frown on the fact that they act like they know so much about the console.  Enough to even do a video such as this and state what if's as it's probably fact.

Most video game youtubers seems to state their opinions as facts.  There are a lot of others (like Gamester 81, Adam Korlick, etc) that also spread misinformation cause they also barely know what they are talking about at all.

I think most or all of the questions Pat and Ian answer are probably sent to the by 8 year olds or idiots that think they are experts and their word is gospel.  Im not really sure how it works but it seems like he always starts out reading a sent in question.

DarkKobold

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »
What a gyp, for one slight second there, I thought DarkKo was making a serious attempt to bring in some lulz as I looked at his post and text upsizing had begun, but it was a total fail, meme included... :/ Thanks for nothing!
I just thought it was pretty hilarious that he was "reporting it" to Ian. Its as if he thought anyone on this forum, including technozombie, gave two shits what Ian thinks. It came off as a totally useless bluster, which makes me laugh my ass off.

Oh come on, how do people miss such obvious sarcasm on Zeta's part ?? He's got a thicker skin than that! It was just a joke. That is pretty funny though that you'd think he'd run tattle tale over something as silly as this... Maybe it's worth it for the lulz now since some thought he might be Ian himself...

If it were a joke, then why did Zeta go back and edit out the word 'a$$hole' in his post? Secondly, why is he lying about who he was trying to reply to? His post was yelling about "digging stuff up." I did zero of that, and since he lost his cool with technozombie for no legit reason, he's trying to pretend it was directed at me. Pathetic, but standard for Zeta. He never apologized for calling gredler a racist, after making a bunch of bullshit assumptions about him.
Hey, you.

munchiaz

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »
i was a baby when the turbo was released, and when i got older my mother got me a SNES, and my uncles suggested SF II as a game to get, as they played it at the corner store up the street from where we lived. I do wish the turbo graphics kept the cover art from PCE games. I think shelf appeal at that time was huge. Now a days box art isn't even considered because most people will just go online to see if a game appeals to them.