Author Topic: Pat & Ian video on TurboGrafx-16 Failure - What Could Have Saved It?  (Read 4029 times)

lukester

Re: Pat & Ian video on TurboGrafx-16 Failure - What Could Have Saved It?
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2016, 07:23:47 AM »
...Only thing that gets close of being that awful are videos that have random footage of a trendy online FPS game while someone talks about something totally unrelated to the footage shown...

At least the Big Queso got his $200 back.

I remember when ReviewTechUSA decided to permanently for go the footage, and just talk into the camera. He got a lot of shit for that...very next video had fps video.

mickcris

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 07:28:54 AM »
Most video game youtubers seems to state their opinions as facts.  There are a lot of others (like Gamester 81, Adam Korlick, etc) that also spread misinformation cause they also barely know what they are talking about at all.

Adam Korlick is terrible, his videos are half assed and misinformed.  No idea how that guy has a following.

I think its that a lot of those guys, like him and gamester81, started on youtube a long time ago.  If either one of them would just be starting out today, they probably would have a hard time getting people to watch them.

NightWolve

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 07:40:24 AM »
Oh come on, how do people miss such obvious sarcasm on Zeta's part ?? He's got a thicker skin than that! It was just a joke. That is pretty funny though that you'd think he'd run tattle tale over something as silly as this... Maybe it's worth it for the lulz now since some thought he might be Ian himself...
If it were a joke, then why did Zeta go back and edit out the word 'a$$hole' in his post? Secondly, why is he lying about who he was trying to reply to? His post was yelling about "digging stuff up." I did zero of that, and since he lost his cool with technozombie for no legit reason, he's trying to pretend it was directed at me. Pathetic, but standard for Zeta. He never apologized for calling gredler a racist, after making a bunch of bullshit assumptions about him.

* Well, the two don't have to be connected (deleting an insult v. his sarcastic bluff/joke), but if I had to guess, he went back, reviewed, and decided (rightfully!) that it wasn't so justified calling techno an a$$hole after all, just for being overly suspicious and insinuating there's something wrong with both hating these types of Youtube shows and actually being friends with one of the hosts whose show you're trashing.

* Is he lying or admitting to mistakenly responding to the wrong person ?? It's very questionable to make a "mistake" like that, yeah, but whatever.

* I clicked your links, right, forgot about that, Zeta "initiated" Gredler into the time-honored tradition of eventually being called a racist over the Internet. As a leftie, it's in his hack nature to yell racist at someone eventually, for voting republican or getting anywhere near issues where racial relations could play a role (if a white guy with "white privilege"), such as the case in question with [gangsta] rap music, etc. So I'm a racist, you're a racist, Gredler too, racism-everywhere, it's all good. Heh-heh. You just have to laugh that kind of libel off by such people. :P

On this tangent, I'd also agree that the true mark of an a$$hole is one who never apologizes. Neither excess is good, going on "apology tours" and looking foolish or *never* apologizing given hatefulness, arrogance, pride, ego, lacking empathy, etc. Sometimes, if you can later realize you were in the wrong when things cooled off after some conflict, you should do so, but yeah...it's a rare quality these days... I don't think it's a sign of weakness...

Anyway, I'm done with this, so final thoughts: I really think Zeta has better things to do than take snapshots, play "tattle-tale toady" and waste Ian's time on something as utterly stupid and silly as this... He's too much of a snob to have bothered, heh. I just can't imagine him using the PrintScreen key, opening an image editor, cropping a screencap, uploading it somewhere, and PM'ing Ian with, "Hey, check this out!" Seriously! Has he *ever* done that before ? I don't recall...

So, knowing him for years, given all the context, it was a lame sort of sarcastic joke/bluff and it was so offhanded, it surprises me so much more was read into it... BUT, to your side, this illustrates the risk you take when you use sarcastic humor, it can be read literally by a % of readers... It's your choice to continue to read it literally though, even after his denials and thinking he was serious and that you somehow deterred him by calling him out. We have to agree to disagree at some point.

Ya know, like, take other examples, does Punch literally wanna punch Pat the Punk in the face ? Was Joe RediferRumble serious about his petty public "threat" to pull his Kickstarter pledge cause of my emailed newsletters ? Opinions will vary...

ALL: Anyway, seriously, how do you block people here? I've clicked on every button I can find in the settings or while viewing other people's profiles and I seriously don't see it. I even Googled it hoping to find a thread somewhere talking about it.

Was gonna show you, but DarkKo took care of it. Like esteban, I'd also advise against adding him to your ignore list, but I'll understand either way. Heh. Once in a while, he manages to get some lulz in there rare as it is, not this time, but it's possible, so you'll miss out on that, AND on updates with his Catastrophy game... :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:49:56 AM by NightWolve »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »
Spoken like a true racist.  [-(

On a serious note, it's a shame the ignore feature is harder to use and you can't see how many peeps have you ignored any more.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2016, 08:28:19 AM »
I blame Pat & Ian for this thread spiraling into tripe.
  |    | 

Otaking

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2016, 08:59:40 AM »
I've decided to convert this thread to a raffle, anyone who has posted in the thread has automatically been entered.
I'll draw a winner in 69 hours.
Then PM Pat to collect your prize.
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=3341

DarkKobold

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »

Well, the two don't have to be connected (deleting an insult v. his sarcastic bluff/joke), but if I had to guess, he went back, reviewed, and decided (rightfully!) that it wasn't so justified calling techno an a$$hole after all, just for being overly suspicious and implying there's something wrong with both hating these types of Youtube shows and actually being friends with one of the hosts whose show you're trashing.

Is he lying or admitting to mistakenly responding to the wrong person ?? It's very questionable to make a "mistake" like that, yeah, but whatever.

I just want to say overall, I <3 your post, and agree wholeheartedly.

I think what angered me, is that he did make the post toward TZ, and then tried twice to deflect it as "replying to the wrong person, i.e. DicKobold." When called out on it, his rant went into "DarkKobold is making bullshit up! Like a flat-earther trying to learn climate change!" Zero accountability.

Yeah, dude, mistake one was calling technozombie an a$$hole, and ranting at him for asking a simple question. A simple "my bad dude" would have cleared it up. Instead, he tried to cover it up. He cascaded the situation into "DarkKobold is an evil that must be blocked!" rather than just owning it.
Hey, you.

Gredler

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2016, 09:23:00 AM »
I found out how to Add Zeta to the Buddy List, and now I am going to add everyone, because you're all my buddies. No hard feelings, bury the hatchet, yada yada yada :)

esteban

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:23 AM »
I honestly do not know what about ignore and/or buddy features.

What else does the forum have that I am completely ignorant about?

Thank you.
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2016, 09:56:06 AM »
Notify button, mark all threads as read, these are two of my favorite things
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:00:42 AM by Gredler »

Punch

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2016, 09:59:36 AM »
profile fields for dick pix & size measurements

plug a charged jo crystal into the usb port to enable it

sirhcman

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2016, 10:12:25 AM »

Profile > Account Settings > Delete this Account

esteban

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2016, 10:16:34 AM »
profile fields for dick pix & size measurements

plug a charged jo crystal into the usb port to enable it

Shite. My laptop only supports USB 1.0. The JO crystal is barely glowing. :(
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2016, 10:25:49 AM »

Profile > Account Settings > Delete this Account

I think you owe me an apology. I am going to sick my programmer on you, and he will flame the shit out of you six months from now. Watch it, pal.

Desh

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2016, 12:49:44 PM »

Well, the two don't have to be connected (deleting an insult v. his sarcastic bluff/joke), but if I had to guess, he went back, reviewed, and decided (rightfully!) that it wasn't so justified calling techno an a$$hole after all, just for being overly suspicious and implying there's something wrong with both hating these types of Youtube shows and actually being friends with one of the hosts whose show you're trashing.

Is he lying or admitting to mistakenly responding to the wrong person ?? It's very questionable to make a "mistake" like that, yeah, but whatever.

I just want to say overall, I <3 your post, and agree wholeheartedly.

I think what angered me, is that he did make the post toward TZ, and then tried twice to deflect it as "replying to the wrong person, i.e. DicKobold." When called out on it, his rant went into "DarkKobold is making bullshit up! Like a flat-earther trying to learn climate change!" Zero accountability.

Yeah, dude, mistake one was calling technozombie an a$$hole, and ranting at him for asking a simple question. A simple "my bad dude" would have cleared it up. Instead, he tried to cover it up. He cascaded the situation into "DarkKobold is an evil that must be blocked!" rather than just owning it.

Does this all seem like a budding friendship here?  I never thought I'd see the day.