Author Topic: Going for a complete NA TG16 set! who has one?  (Read 2994 times)

Gentlegamer

Re: Going for a complete NA TG16 set! who has one?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 01:03:45 PM »
and peeps been saying all year we have no collectards here! yeah ok

Some say that, sure, but most of us regularly admit to having collectard tendencies.

The main difference being that we don't feel the need to be a bunch of loudmouth braggarts (from the future), bringing it up every five minutes or posting a bajillion pictures of our stuff.

The other difference is if a collection was acquired over years of careful hunting, enjoying the process, or BIN in 2 months on ebay.

wildfruit

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2016, 01:11:28 PM »
I would never want a full set. China warrior abomination.

esteban

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »

Take that back!

I am serious.

:)
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 01:56:02 PM »

Take that back!

I am serious.

You can tell because he didn't say comrade at all.

esteban

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 04:11:32 PM »

Take that back!

I am serious.

You can tell because he didn't say comrade at all.

So very true.  :)

|    | 

blueraven

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 05:52:10 PM »
Kisaku doesn't have this game

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Gypsy

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2016, 01:21:17 AM »
Kisaku doesn't have this game

My favourite!  :lol:

Mathius

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2016, 03:35:10 AM »
Could you guys reset your positions and give this thread an encore please? I want to experience it all over again.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Jibbajaba

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2016, 06:33:55 AM »
This is the first time I bothered reading this thread.  OP, you seriously overplayed your hand. 

Eh, this isn't even a troll, its a joke account. His first post in the buy/sell area is basically trying to be the ultimate PCEFX sinner.

Bragging about getting deals and selling them on eBay? Check

Bragging about going for fullsets? Check

Wanting Sealed games only? Check

All he needs to do is make a post asking why he can't find a case for Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu, and asking for pictures of the Dungeon Explorer 2 and Cotton cardboard boxes.

Spot on.  Same thing with this post:

Where did you learn about turbo grafx? What makes you interested in them?

I was born in 1996 so I'm too young to have been around for the time of the NES (and TG16), but for some reason I like those consoles. I like the look of full set NA retro games collections, I think they look really cool on display in a game room and I've always liked rare or valuable things whether it's video games, comic books or baseball cards.
I was collecting NES games and kept hearing about TG16 on Youtube retro games channels and as I looked into it I found out that it's even more elite to have a full NA TG16 set and the total amount of games in the set is much lower than NES so should be easier to achieve.
Also I would like to start my own Youtube show and think it would look cool if I had a full set of TG16 in the background.

Born after the Turbo was dead and buried?  Check.

Only wants the full set to display in his game room?  Check.

Only learned about the Turbo by watching YouTube videos?  Check.

Specifically wants a set of US Turbo games because they are more "elite"?  Check.

Wants to have the games on display behind him on his planned YouTube channel?  Check. 

OP you're like the bot accounts on Tinder that say shit like "Do have daddy issues, don't have a gag reflex."  You're being way too obvious.  The next time you create a troll account here, try to be more subtle and maybe you'll get a few people to play along for a while. 

Otaking

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2016, 08:10:24 AM »
Has anyone on here actually been on Nintendo Age or facebook groups?? people on there are all like this, it's surprising more haven't made it on here.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2016, 08:19:18 AM »
Has anyone on here actually been on Nintendo Age or facebook groups?? people on there are all like this, it's surprising more haven't made it on here.

Yes to both, and I agree.  As much as that kind of attitude annoys me, what really bugs me is that they can't understand why they face hostility when they venture outside of their collectard safe spaces.

crazydean

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2016, 09:17:25 AM »

I actually signed up for Nintendo Age a few years ago. I was just starting to get back into these old systems. It was my first time on a gaming forum, and I just didn't have anything to say. The marketplace rules the forum. The only conversation is about who owns what game and how much it goes for.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Gypsy

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2016, 09:48:21 AM »
I lurked for a bit on NA but never posted because I didn't really care for their community.

blueraven

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2016, 06:51:47 AM »

Yes to both, and I agree.  As much as that kind of attitude annoys me, what really bugs me is that they can't understand why they face hostility when they venture outside of their collectard safe spaces.

Yes there are about 3 troll accounts currently active have the same agenda.

Could you guys reset your positions and give this thread an encore please? I want to experience it all over again.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

:lol: I couldn't help but laugh at this comment, Mathius haha!
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Warbucks

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2016, 03:08:18 AM »
element, thanks for inviting me over, after we're done playing Xbox I wanna check out your OBEY collection.

Ewww .. soooo gross... I feel like I have to wash my hands from just looking at that.