Author Topic: Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays  (Read 2473 times)

Otaking

Re: Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »
Splatterhouse Part 2

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 07:18:51 AM »
To proffess so much love for the turbo, it's obvious he never plays it. He completely sucks at splatterhouse... Talking shit about the music, and how the game is gimmicky... WTH.

He's also stated he never plays his genesis collection, and has no intention of playing it... He's just a straight up Collectard supreme.

If it wasn't for his NES-a-thon, he probably wouldn't play through any NES games either.

His massive wall of games is obviously just a status symbol. I can't stand the guy.

Keith Courage

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 12:25:48 PM »
For being supposedly video game gurus, neither one of them seem to be any good at any of the games and play.

seieienbu

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:45 PM »
For being supposedly video game gurus, neither one of them seem to be any good at any of the games and play.

I've never been given the impression that either of them are particularly good at actually playing games.  It seems to me that the two of them are more about obsessively collecting and using game collections for internet fame.  By and large I haven't heard them comment much on actually playing games but instead talk about other people playing or various gaming (most commonly Nintendo related) news. 

When they do play games it seems they feel it's a chore to slog through hundreds of NES games for a few minutes apiece.  You can see this when they talk about their well publicized marathons or comment on how they had to play so many games for the book they wrote.  They do this rather than, say, sit down with either an old favorite or a game they don't know terribly much about and try to beat it, get a high score, or some other way to just simply enjoy a game for what it is.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wildfruit

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 11:32:56 PM »
I bet they like China warrior.

esteban

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 11:37:51 PM »
I bet they like China warrior.

How dare you?!

In memory of Bruce Lee and his likeness.

|    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 09:24:01 AM »

He completely sucks at splatterhouse... Talking shit about the music

OK wait... what? He talked shit about Splatterhouse's music? Them's fightin' words! I love the music in that game.

seieienbu

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »

He completely sucks at splatterhouse... Talking shit about the music

OK wait... what? He talked shit about Splatterhouse's music? Them's fightin' words! I love the music in that game.

And thus began the Completely Unnecessary Youtube Wars.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

dallaspattern

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »
Those dudes are brutal at Splatterhouse.

Alt-Nintega2

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »
they are making thousands of dollars by talking about games and sucking at them. Hey, give them credit, they used the Capitalist country and used all of you, now they are rich. Mic Drop.
Karl Marx

esteban

Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 11:45:20 PM »
they are making thousands of dollars by talking about games and sucking at them. Hey, give them credit, they used the Capitalist country and used all of you, now they are rich. Mic Drop.

I don't think the viewership is high enough to amount to anything substantial, especially if they split it 50/50.

However, it (YouTube) is an important platform for Pat (YouTube personalities get speaking fees for attending conventions, a platform to sell books and phone app (soon to be released)...

ASIDE: I am curious to learn who created his app (was it a fan offering services? Or did Pat contract out the work?)...it sounds like the app is a digital version of his NES book that can sort entries by various criteria (so....maybe it is more of a database of NES reviews).
  |    | 

jetfire13

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
I just can't stand how these two a$$holes take themselves so seriously. They speak so authoritatively about all their topics, you would think they were talking about aerospace engineering and that both of them were the undisputed experts in the field.

These dirty looking turds spent an entire episode talking about how some poor sap got a repro Chrono Trigger from GameStop. They over analysed the shit out of the topic. Who the f*ck cares?!?

Or the time they practically had kittens because some ancient collectard was showing off pictures of his unopened cases of sealed Stadium Events.

OH NOES! WHAT WILL THIS DO TO OUR BELOVED GAME COLLECTING ECONOMY?

I'm gonna start a YouTube channel where I sit and talk to some a$$hole across the table from me with a lone everdrive on a shelf behind me. Internet stardom here I come!

Lost Monkey

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »

RE: Mic drop - if you have to say it - it didn't happen...

Alt-Nintega2

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »
I'm gonna start a YouTube channel where I sit and talk to some a$$hole across the table from me with a lone everdrive on a shelf behind me. Internet stardom here I come!

I am Karl Marx, and I approve of this message! You can do it Ozzy!!!! Cut their f*ckin heads off!!!
Karl Marx

Joe Redifer

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »
I believe I said elsewhere but I'll say again:

They're not rich. They do not get speaking fees at conventions. And I highly HIGHLY doubt Pat and Ian split anything 50/50. I'd be surprised really if Pat gave Ian even 30%. But it's fair as Pat does most of the work. But yes they do pull in multiple thousands per year just off of Youtube alone.