Author Topic: Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays  (Read 2480 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
At best (provided Pat doesn't have a career outside of YouTube) I have a feeling the money he pulls just fuels his hobby.

Straight up if I had the motivation to make videos and peddle myself on the various hobbbies I enjoy to support my hobby I'd do it.

I'd do it and laugh all the way to the bank.

But for me. I haven't the desire, drive, or energy to do that.

Sure I have the interest and ability to put something out there. However, for now it will remain just that. An interest.

So sure I take various "youtubers" with a grain of salt. Sure I might bitch and moan about a select few. However, it's the audience who bitches and moans who at times become the most dedicated viewers. Because then I wouldn't have something to bitch and moan over.

Sparky

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 10:18:25 PM »
Press Start!  :roll:

Boy, these two guys are sure full of themselves.

Ya, I have dealt with a lot of people over the years with my stickies and boxes and surprisingly the ones that become a chore wanting extras or a better deal end up being  "YouTube thinking they are famers"

Otaking

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 07:58:10 AM »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:12 AM »
Why do these guys need three videos to cover one game, just to make the same sophomoric comments in all three?  Hell, if they didn't suck so hard at playing games, they could beat 'em in less time than it takes to watch the shitty videos.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

sirhcman

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:41 AM »
Why do these guys need three videos to cover one game, just to make the same sophomoric comments in all three?  Hell, if they didn't suck so hard at playing games, they could beat 'em in less time than it takes to watch the shitty videos.

The same reason they take their podcast, chop it up into a bunch of small videos and upload. More videos = more views = more money. It's all about the $$$$$$

Otaking

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 09:15:51 AM »

esteban

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »
I am afraid to watch now (on train), but I am sure I will be annoyed. :)
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »
I don't think that I'll watch any more of these from these two.  If I'm going to watch videos of people playing video games they have to either be highly skilled at a game to where just watching them play is fun or they have to be entertaining in their own right as they use the game as a focal point for whatever it is that they are doing.

These guys have next to no knowledge of the games they've played so far.  That's painfully obvious as they say things like "only the knome can push the stone" or repeatedly try to shoot the skull potions.  As for other entertainment purposes I just don't find them either funny enough or interesting enough to listen to them while watching them play.

I still think it's interesting that they chose Turbo games for their let's play videos but don't enjoy watching them enough to bother doing so  :?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
I watched the entire video whilst taking a hot, acidic shite.

This was far less annoying than the Ghost Manor video, but it is a shame they didn't record their 2nd or 3rd time playing Dungeon Explorer...maybe they could have mentioned all the stuff that makes Dungeon Explorer fun.

I could never tolerate these videos under normal circumstances. The fact that tears were running down my face as acid was cascading from my arse should put everything into context.

Good morning!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:27:31 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »
I find it funny that Pat has Magical chase and yet seemes to only have recently touched his TG-16 games.

It seems that he picked up his TG-16 games after he finished his MES collection got bored and was able to pick up TG-16 games while they were still "cheap".

sirhcman

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2016, 12:33:45 AM »
It seems that he picked up his TG-16 games after he finished his MES collection got bored and was able to pick up TG-16 games while they were still "cheap".

He had a TG-16 as a kid in the early 90s. Not sure what he had in his collection at that point though.

Groover

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2016, 04:47:37 AM »
I like Pat the NES Punk. These lets play videos are a little painful to watch. Pat has talked about having a complete US Turbo collection. Or maybe it is only partially complete. I can see he doesn't play them much.

sirhcman

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2016, 04:51:46 AM »
I like Pat the NES Punk. These lets play videos are a little painful to watch. Pat has talked about having a complete US Turbo collection. Or maybe it is only partially complete. I can see he doesn't play them much.

Yea he has mentioned having the full hu card library I know. Not sure on the CD's

Medic_wheat

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2016, 05:26:19 AM »

He had a TG-16 as a kid in the early 90s. Not sure what he had in his collection at that point though.

I stand corrected.

Then maybe this is the case of having to many games/systems to give them attention as a gamer instead of as a collector.

I know I am guilty of collecting for various things and not roaring out my systems enough to really get full advantage of the game library I have.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2016, 05:55:40 AM »
Or maybe he's just a f*cking idiot.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles