Author Topic: Update!! Got an tg16 bundle and now got an everdrive. Questions on everdrive  (Read 1227 times)

Mas

Well it's been over a year since I've had a tg16. Found one at my retro store for 185 total
I picked up
Tg16 console in box
2 controllers
AV booster
Alien crush
Power golf
Turbo tap
Turbo stick
Over the weekend I managed to finally get a everdrive for the tg16. Its a 2.4 version? Can anyone tell me exactly how or where I can get a cover for the everdrive? I went looking online quickly but couldn't find one.
It's a krizz model in which I'm happy about and the person says its fully loaded with pc engine and tg16. I am very happy about it.
Now I would love to collect for the tg16 but my wallet says no. I'm already collecting the master system and game gear because of the enormous bundles I received to start a great collection.
I cant wait to get this thing. Cant wait to play legendary axe 1 and 2 and ninja spirit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:58:09 PM by Mas »

Gypsy

Re: Just got a tg16 bundle. Questions about the tg16
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
You need CD hardware to play CD games on a turbobs/pce set-up.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 11:11:20 AM »
TG-16s don't really have cap problems.  It's always possible that yours could need 'em at some point, but it's not a ticking time bomb like with the Duos.

I have an Everdrive (I think it's a 2.3); and except for the SD card sticking out too far and getting hit by the RX's power switch, I like it quite a bit.  They won't play CD games, though, as that's just not possible.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 11:58:06 AM »
The TED will plays all roms worldwide and has a region switch.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

780racer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 12:18:48 PM »
Congrats on the Turbografx!

Getting an Everdrive is the best Idea to play the Hue card library.

We generally suggest people get a DUO that has been recapped by Keith Courage on the forum here, as they are the best "Entry" way into playing CD games.
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

MrBroadway

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »
So, when do you plan on selling?

Mas

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
just selling systems I don't want that I've picked up very cheap or free and no longer have use  like my 5200 and 2600jr and Saturn.
Right now I own these systems
Master system getting everdrive for that
Tg16 getting everdrive
Xbox modded with coin ops 7 massive
Atari 7800
N64 with everdrive
Nes with everdrive
Snes with everdrive
Genesis with everdrive
So the last two systems are getting everdrives and I'm done with systems
After that a mini bararcade and my game room is done

Mas

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
I forgot to add as far as buying games again, forget that I can't afford it no more. Games cost more than my utility bills lol. Games today in general cost a lot of money. That's why I've switch to everdrives

Mas

Update.
Managed to pick up the everdrive on the system. Posted questions on the everdrive on the first post. Cant wait to play the tg16 and pcengine games on a real tg16

crazydean

I know that stoneagegamer.com sells them, and i think someone on here sells them as well. I run mine with no shell, and I see no need to buy one.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Fellow member jelloslug was selling 'em, but I don't know if he still has 'em in stock or not.  There's also some on shapeways (search for "ted shell").
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mas

Ok will look later in the day. I would love to collect for tg16 again but this is the best way for me.

crazydean

Ok will look later in the day. I would love to collect for tg16 again but this is the best way for me.

This isn't a collector forum. There's no shame in playing games over collecting them. Now, playing on an LCD in 16:9, that will ruffle some feathers.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Mas

This isn't a collector forum. There's no shame in playing games over collecting them. Now, playing on an LCD in 16:9, that will ruffle some feathers.
Lol thanks. Nope just want to play the gems that nec produced and enjoying such a beautiful system.
My gameroom has a sony 25 inch crt tv hooked up with a jvc VHS recorder. Set my gameroom up 80's-early 90's style

bob

Lol thanks. Nope just want to play the gems that nec produced and enjoying such a beautiful system.
My gameroom has a sony 25 inch crt tv hooked up with a jvc VHS recorder. Set my gameroom up 80's-early 90's style

wow, funny you say this.  i am actually in the early stages of transition my hoarding/disjointed/mess of a game room into more of an 80s themed room myself.
got any pics?