Author Topic: Magical Chase how often does it come up for sale on this forum?  (Read 1860 times)

Gypsy

Re: Magical Chase how often does it come up for sale on this forum?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
You are aware that only about 500 copies of Magical Chase made it out to the retail stores like Electronics Boutique, Toys R Us, etc... right???  Copies with the box an manual are very rare.  Even the Japanese copies of the game are few and far between and seem to sell for over the $300.00 mark.

Japanese copies are not really that rare, they've just gone through crazy inflation in the last couple of years since everyone wants SOME sort of Magical Chase even if it's not the US one.  They even did two printings of the game in Japan.  It was never really like a bargain bin game, but even a couple of years ago you could score the JP version for like $100 or so.

The same thing has happened with Lickle for the Famicom.  Little Samson is a crazy expensive grail so people go for the next best thing and buy Lickle, and look at the prices on it now :|

Price gouging on Lickle? That's quite a pickle. Someone should stop this, like the grim reaper and his sickle. And they should do so, soon like real quickle. Though some people might not like it, as they're a little too fickle.

And yet I love how a certain Pat and Ian claimed (they may have changed their mind on their original video that was a year or two old now) the price of NA games for rare high demand games do not affect the import copies. I believe they even went on record that little Samson does not affect the Famicom import copy.

Where during that same year I saw a CIB copy for the Famicom jump from a $45 dollar game to $100 plus.

They sound.....special......

bob

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 11:33:42 AM »
i'm glad this thread got derailed to something more interesting.

PCE version of cotton has been steadily climbing along with terraforming.  still not outrageous, but both could be had for 50(ish) each not too long ago.  not sure that is the case now.
also, i am surprised CD Denjin hasnt found the stratosphere yet, but probably 'cuz name is so different.  i got that on ebay for less than 50 earlier this year. 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
I'd just like to mention that the "500 copies" thing went without anyone calling him on it. To my knowledge there is zero reliable data that mentions any figure whatsoever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 12:03:31 PM »
I'd just like to mention that the "500 copies" thing went without anyone calling him on it. To my knowledge there is zero reliable data that mentions any figure whatsoever. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Data reliability is mostly second hand from those involved.

The story went that a few thousand were produced, and the majority wound up being destroyed during TTI's liquidation. What TZD bought, what the Canadian distributor bought and what sold at retail are what are out there. But I don't think any sort of accurate number is known. Just estimates.
--DragonmasterDan

seieienbu

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »

Data reliability is mostly second hand from those involved.

The story went that a few thousand were produced, and the majority wound up being destroyed during TTI's liquidation. What TZD bought, what the Canadian distributor bought and what sold at retail are what are out there. But I don't think any sort of accurate number is known. Just estimates.

The most common (bullshit) figure I've seen is 700.  I've also seen 2,000.  Who knows!?  Answer:  nobody knows and anyone who tries to make a guess is purely speculating.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

switchzx

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »
There is a waiting list you can join so you can increase your chances of getting the game..
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9653.0

I sense sarcasm, but actually I think that's a great idea to start a forum waiting list for turbo games.
Lets start a new one?

Alt-Nintega2

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 04:11:41 PM »
how many basements, attics, landfills or storages might still have copies of MC out there?
Karl Marx

Medic_wheat

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 04:12:42 PM »
how many basements, attics, landfills or storages might still have copies of MC out there?

Two. No! Five. Probabaly. Maybe.

Let's go with six to be safe.

neopolss

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »
i'm glad this thread got derailed to something more interesting.

PCE version of cotton has been steadily climbing along with terraforming.  still not outrageous, but both could be had for 50(ish) each not too long ago.  not sure that is the case now.
also, i am surprised CD Denjin hasnt found the stratosphere yet, but probably 'cuz name is so different.  i got that on ebay for less than 50 earlier this year. 

As long as the collectards have something pretty on their shelf for their neckbeard friends to look at and say "cool!"  Totally worth the entry price.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 01:04:16 AM »
I'm looking for a copy of Magical Chase and a few other turbo games, how often does MC come up for sale here? and when it does is it for same price as ebay?

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 01:29:54 AM »
There are too many people desperate for this game, you will never see it offered up for sale for an affordable price. The only way you will be able to buy this game is to negotiate with someone offering it up for a crazy price or have a connection with another collector who is getting out of the hobby.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Groover

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 03:31:03 AM »
I really love these boards. Over time the entertainment from new members looking to buy turbo stuff even rare items of course think that this place is like a store with a back room full of rare games that could be for sale if someone asked. I know I started as a lurker for about a year and first post was similar looking for something. I now check visit the place throughout each day enjoying the conversation.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 06:10:14 AM »
I haven't seen it publicly advertised on this forum (aside from the eBay links), but I did sell mine publicly on Atari Age circa 2005...

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 08:08:54 AM »
get a reproduction hucard.  It looks pretty on your shelf.

Otaking

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »