Author Topic: what would you do...  (Read 1109 times)

bob

what would you do...
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:15:37 PM »
...if you were the buyer?

so this happened:
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162246163178

then a few days later, this listing came up (same seller)
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162251937870
it was listed for $999, but he has since lowered it.

i PM'd him asking what happened with the $107.99 copy and he responded that it was originally listed for $1149.99 and he wanted to lower it to $1079.99, but accidentally set it at $107.99 and somebody bought it instantly.  he said he cancelled the sale to relist it.

so personally, i understand it was an error, but i bet some buyers would be furious.

what would you do?

esteban

Re: what would you do...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
I would get the Japanese version. :)
  |    | 

crazydean

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »
If you make a mistake while listing it, you don't have to sell it.

If you put up a car for sale for $100, you shouldn't be required to sell it because there was a mistake in the listing.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

jtucci31

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »
I'd report him and not feel even slightly bad about it. Maybe he f*cked up, but his explaination condemns him more than his mistake does. $1200 for a damned Turbo Grafx game is nuts and his fine tuning the nuts price so badly that he posted a live auction with the price %90 off makes him look as dumb as he is greedy.

This assumes I'd be the sort to actually shop for TG games in 2016 though, and that's not me at all. So your question doesn't really apply to me. "What I would do" is play imports and boots, which, incidentally is what I was doing when this game was $40.

blueraven

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »
I remember this being an issue bitd on eBay (late 1990's, Early 2000's), and then eBay came up with the rule that crazydean mentioned.

I think a corvette sold for like $50 or something. I don't remember the details but it was something that level of extreme.

Personally, I'd be disappointed but guess what just happened to me yesterday:

I bought Rayxanber 3 Sealed on Amazon for $135 last week from a seller in Japan. The order was immediately cancelled, and they informed me that they didn't have the game anymore. I wont mention how much the game is selling for sealed. I wasn't able to give them any feedback, either. The order was removed yesterday at noon from my history.

Was I pissed? Disappointed. And to be fair, I haven't seen that seller relist it (...but I AM WATCHING)

Similar shenanigans, Amazon style. 
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Desh

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 03:07:10 PM »
There must be a recent infusion of dumb f*ck on ebay more than usual lately.  I posted stuff that ended last weekend.  Haven't received payment on one of the listings... immediately started a non paid item claim after the 48 hours.  This is why I stopped selling on ebay the last time.  People bid on shit then don't pay for it and wastes my time.  I decided to try ebay again since I had some recent transactions through this forum that were annoying.  Come to think of it, there's just a major infusion of dumb f*ck in society as a whole these days (see Presidential candidates).

Anyways, galam I would be a dick with the feedback.

seieienbu

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »
First a question; can you even leave feedback in a case like this?

Assuming that I could, I would definitely leave bad feedback and a scathing remark about how it didn't go for enough money so the seller cancelled and relisted.   Make him sound like a greedy a$$hole.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:59 AM »
I'd leave negative feedback and complain to ebay.  They won't do anything for a single instance, of course, but it does effect the seller's defect rate.

A winning bid is just as much a binding contract for the seller as it is for the buyer.  Listing something with the wrong price is no more a valid excuse to back out of a sale than the seller saying they bid the wrong price.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

csgx1

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:24 AM »
Not much you can do in this case.   Leave negative feedback and move on.   

sirhcman

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 03:55:10 AM »
This happened to me on a .99 cent Tatsujin I bought on ebay. I was nice and left neutral feedback and the guy still flipped out!

His user id was joeharris85

bob

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 04:07:03 AM »
This happened to me on a .99 cent Tatsujin I bought on ebay. I was nice and left neutral feedback and the guy still flipped out!

he meant to list it at $999.99?

sirhcman

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »

he meant to list it at $999.99?

Here was his response after I left the following NEUTRAL feedback:
cancelled my winning bid. claimed error

I cancelled the order per his request and then left him feedback. I never even contacted him, just left feedback. I am still waiting for him to leave me negative feedback ;)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:23:36 AM by sirhcman »

bob

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 05:34:49 AM »
Top rated Power Seller doesnt know he cant leave neg feedback for buyers??

sirhcman

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 05:39:03 AM »
Top rated Power Seller doesnt know he cant leave neg feedback for buyers??

The whole thing was comical.. If you look at his feedback now he has gotten other neutrals and some negatives even. Obviously not a very nice guy

In hindsight I should have agreed to revise feedback and then given him negative but he flipped out over neutral and I didn't want to poke the beast :)