Author Topic: what would you do...  (Read 1099 times)

DarkKobold

Re: what would you do...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 05:45:44 AM »
I think its a douche move to leave negative/neutral feedback when its an obvious seller mistake. You may take issue with the guy's pricing, but that isn't a reason to ding his feedback. He made a honest mistake. Expecting to get a $100 game for $1 is just ridiculous.

That said, I've never understood the obsession with 100% perfect feedback. Its not like things stop selling as well, just because you have 99.8% feedback. Hell, some of these Chinese sellers have feedback in the 96% range and are still selling just fine.
Hey, you.

sirhcman

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »
I think its a douche move to leave negative/neutral feedback when its an obvious seller mistake. You may take issue with the guy's pricing, but that isn't a reason to ding his feedback. He made a honest mistake. Expecting to get a $100 game for $1 is just ridiculous.

That said, I've never understood the obsession with 100% perfect feedback. Its not like things stop selling as well, just because you have 99.8% feedback. Hell, some of these Chinese sellers have feedback in the 96% range and are still selling just fine.

Have you never purchased an item from ebay for an insane price (via BIN) and thought it might be an error but still received said item? Sometimes people honor their mistakes and sometimes people don't know what they have. For being such a  savvy top rated seller he should have previewed his auctions before posting. I think neutral was warranted.

Also had he not gone insane in his response to me and was a bit nicer I would have been inclined to change my feedback to positive.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:50:50 AM by sirhcman »

DarkKobold

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 05:53:14 AM »

Have you never purchased an item from ebay for an insane price (via BIN) and thought it might be an error but still received said item? Sometimes people honor their mistakes and sometimes people don't know what they have. For being such a  savvy top rated seller he should have previewed his auctions before posting. I think neutral was warranted.

Also had he not gone insane in his response to me and was a bit nicer I would have been inclined to change my feedback to positive.

Yeah, I have. And I've also never been upset when the item does get canceled, or left negative/neutral feedback.

I've also been on the receiving end, where I clearly missed a digit in the price. Every buyer has graciously accepted my apology/cancellation.

Immediate negative. No correspondence, just insta-neg. Then I'd post about it here with war and peace diatribes. Finally, I would delete my account.

Holy shit, that is hilarious. I missed it the first time.
Hey, you.

sirhcman

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 05:57:16 AM »
Yeah, I have. And I've also never been upset when the item does get canceled, or left negative/neutral feedback.

I've also been on the receiving end, where I clearly missed a digit in the price. Every buyer has graciously accepted my apology/cancellation.

My feedback was neither positive nor negative, it was neutral since the transaction wasn't completed. I wasn't upset that I didn't get the item.. as I mentioned before I agreed to cancel the order per the sellers request and received the refund back. I never brow beat or demanded the item since I won either

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 06:04:20 AM »
Neutral feedback is entirely warranted.  Honest mistake or not, the guy f*cked up and didn't deserve positive feedback.

The only douche is the seller for flipping out over nigh meaningless neutral feedback.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DarkKobold

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 06:17:27 AM »
Neutral feedback is entirely warranted.  Honest mistake or not, the guy f*cked up and didn't deserve positive feedback.

The only douche is the seller for flipping out over nigh meaningless neutral feedback.

The seller was a douche for flipping out. I'm not saying he deserved positive feedback. You can just... not leave any feedback. That is also an option.
Hey, you.

Bonknuts

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »
As a seller: it's your responsibility to properly list an item, that includes the correct starting prices, but it now, and what not. Your responsibility - no one else. And it is an inconvenience to the buyer, or prospective buyer. Feedback ~is~ warranted, because you should be paying attention to what you're doing. No excuse. You had a chance to review it before submitting it. So apparently you were slacking both times, wasting other people's time. Your feedback should be reflected as such - especially if you let it go to the point of sale, then discover the error.

Joe Harris is a lil' bitch - lol. I would have changed it to negative after that little whine fit - what's he gonna do? Make a mistake and waste people's time: get a neutral. Whine lil bitch in response instead of owning up to it: get a negative.

xelement5x

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 08:09:50 AM »
Yeah, if the seller explained it reasonably I'd be fine with it. 

Also, underpriced BINs are like the only way to get deals anymore it seems like.  And many times if it is from a person who sells all the time they will take a small monetary loss just to have it out the door and not futz with the buyer.

Sometimes you get lucky and the item even shows up, like a copy of Dynastic Hero for a fraction of what it'll end at on auction.  :P
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 08:15:17 AM »
As a seller: it's your responsibility to properly list an item, that includes the correct starting prices, but it now, and what not. Your responsibility - no one else. And it is an inconvenience to the buyer, or prospective buyer. Feedback ~is~ warranted, because you should be paying attention to what you're doing. No excuse. You had a chance to review it before submitting it. So apparently you were slacking both times, wasting other people's time. Your feedback should be reflected as such - especially if you let it go to the point of sale, then discover the error.

Bingo!

As many who know me are aware. I had an issue with a particular super power seller on ebay who listed an item with a .01 starting price (noted not just in the price but in the listing). Was shocked no one else bid on the item and refused to sell me the item in question. For the past decade I've refused to deal with them. If you're going to list items on ebay, you should be willing to honor the prices listed.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »

Bingo!

As many who know me are aware. I had an issue with a particular super power seller on ebay who listed an item with a .01 starting price (noted not just in the price but in the listing). Was shocked no one else bid on the item and refused to sell me the item in question. For the past decade I've refused to deal with them. If you're going to list items on ebay, you should be willing to honor the prices listed.

I remember this!

This was for a copy of Tombraider (MS DOS), correct?
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »

I remember this!

This was for a copy of Tombraider (MS DOS), correct?

Well, I know how much fun a game involving braiding hair with Tom would be. But no, it was Samurai Spirits 2 for Neo Geo AES circa 2006.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 10:23:54 AM »

Joe Harris is a lil' bitch - lol. I would have changed it to negative after that little whine fit - what's he gonna do? Make a mistake and waste people's time: get a neutral. Whine lil bitch in response instead of owning up to it: get a negative.

Completely agree about the feedback being warranted. At the very least it lets people know that not everything goes smoothly with him.

Bingo!

I had a couple similar instances.

One of them I bought a heavy PC game LE for $1.25 + undercosted shipping. The seller cancelled and refunded (presumably after seeing the real shipping charges) without messaging me first. I contacted them once I saw that and after talking a bit, they sent me a payment request for $1.25 + actual shipping.

So that was the positive one... Another time I won a DVDO Iscan HD+ for 99 cents plus actual shipping (it was $15 and change iirc so def they could have shipped it for this price or less). The seller was not happy that it ended at a dollar (lol) and tried to strong arm me for more money. I politely told them to shove it (except I was actually polite) and they of course refunded and canceled after I refused to send them more money off Ebay.

I'm going into the echo chamber now but yeah, the listing is the seller's responsibility. Double or triple check shit before actually posting it up instead of being in a hurry to try and get money. Also do not post up an auction starting at an amount for less than an acceptable amount. One can't assume it will magically get bids up to some predetermined value in one's head. It's all pretty damn simple really but sellers f*ck it up time and time again.

blueraven

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »
You could have escalated the situation. That said, I also think that DK is right and that nobody in their right mind would sell a 1c Tatsujin, and that I have also mis-listed things by a single digit or so; like the first time I sold a car on eBay, and quickly corrected my mistake... but Dan is also right and that people should honor low-dollar transactions and not back out, or just simply be honest in the 1st place. What kind of an idiot lists a game for pennies and then backs out after 7-10 days?

Personally I have sold stuff for 1c plus shipping just to get shit out of my storage unit. CD's, shitty PS1 games, Atari 2600 carts, car parts, etc. All in all, People should be more aware of what they do on the internets, and the fault lies with the seller for mis-listing it, and then treating you like shit for his mistake.

At first glance, I thought he referred himself as a "Power Metal Master of Power eBay Selling". I lol'd.

And Yes, Dan. I am fully aware of your plight with that eBay powerseller.

f*ck that seller, sirhcman.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

martinine

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »
Remember my post last month about Seymour Onion? Never heard back. Opened a claim. Got my money back and bought sleeves elsewhere.

On a positive note, scooped TES Oblivion for $4 shipped on a cheap BIN last week.

I have a hard time deciding who is right in the aforementioned situations. There is a lot of grey area. What I do know is that no one should ever get called a little bitch for whatever feedback gets left. That's the definition of projecting...
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

esteban

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 04:51:01 PM »
Remember my post last month about Seymour Onion? Never heard back. Opened a claim. Got my money back and bought sleeves elsewhere.

On a positive note, scooped TES Oblivion for $4 shipped on a cheap BIN last week.

I have a hard time deciding who is right in the aforementioned situations. There is a lot of grey area. What I do know is that no one should ever get called a little bitch for whatever feedback gets left. That's the definition of projecting...

You are all little bitches.

(self deprecating post brought to you by DoxPhile.com)

P.s. does anyone know if Seymour Onion is still alive? I am honestly concerned.

Yeah, we haven't heard a pip or a peep or a snip or a sneep from him in a long time.

Also, I still haven't received an item from a forum member. It has been over three years. I think I should send him another email.

True story.
  |    |