Author Topic: Watchmojo's Top 10 Retro Gaming YouTubers  (Read 1467 times)

esteban

Re: Watchmojo's Top 10 Retro Gaming YouTubers
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »

Sadly that puts you and I in the minority.
My younger cousin and I were talking games and I wanted to show her something about an arcade game I had coming so I pulled up a longplay video for it and her response was "why would anyone bother to upload a video without commentary? why would you watch that? like, what's the point?"

can someone throw a meteor on earth please thanks in advance

I don't think anyone is currently playing SimEarth.

However, you can make a requests in the "What games are you playing?" thread.

|    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »
When I look for a game video on YouTube and someone starts talking, I immediately turn it off and try to find a video that just shows the game with its actual in game audio.  I occasionally will need to click on 2 or 3 videos before I am successful and it drives me f*cking nuts.
f*ck Let's plays. Longplays rule.

As I said once before, the only guy in the world that I like commenting while he's playing is GeminiLaser for his skillfull, entertaining, funny and memorable Megaman playthroughs.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 02:21:03 AM »
Heh, I also watch mostly longplays.  I just wanna see (and hear) the game, not listen to some blowhard stating the obvious, especially when said blowhard will only show the first stage or two because that's all the further his meager skills will take him.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

seieienbu

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 05:35:29 AM »
I'm happy to watch a skilled player play through a game.  I dislike watching videos where people have shitty personalities so I'm generally not able to view most videos with commentary.  I dislike when people talk about stuff and are wrong or are just irritating in general (see Metal Jesus on both counts).

What I can't watch at all is when someone is just bad at a game/doesn't know how to play and has no commentary.  I  figure if the guy with the mic is entertaining to watch then I can stand him being bad at the game but if he's bad and there's no commentary I just can't spend the time.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Punch

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 06:58:59 AM »
Longplays are the best but they're quite annoying @ games you know well, since it gets obvious that they're nothing more than blind playthroughs + save states for the most part. Like the longplayer would play badly for the most part but suddenly do something impossible to escape death in the middle of the longplay, or playing the whole game without being aware of key game mechanics, etc.

Still beats watching a person saying "lol this game is bad" every 2 1/2 minutes.