Author Topic: Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx  (Read 1420 times)

KingDrool

Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx
« on: December 06, 2016, 02:47:02 AM »
I lifted this from this thread on NeoGAF. Not sure if it means anything, but it could mean they are going to once again/continue to release Turbo games on digital platforms (Switch?).

Word Mark   TURBOGRAFX
Goods and Services   IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Video game software; video game programs; computer game programs; computer game software; electronic game programs; Game controllers for consumer video game consoles for use with an external display screen or monitor. FIRST USE: 19890800. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19890800
IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Video game consoles; video game consoles for use with an external display screen or monitor

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing online computer games accessible via video game consoles, handheld game consoles, wireless devices, mobile phones and computers; providing online computer games via network between communications networks; providing information in the field of games; arranging, organizing and conducting computer game tournaments

Standard Characters Claimed   
Mark Drawing Code   (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number   87253583
Filing Date   December 1, 2016
Current Basis   1A;1B
Original Filing Basis   1A;1B
Owner   (APPLICANT) Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. CORPORATION JAPAN 9-7-2, Akasaka, Minato-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record   Bassam N. Ibrahim
Type of Mark   TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register   PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator   LIVE

SOURCE

Bonus side conversation/what-if-scenario: What if Konami decides to make a TurboGrafx-Mini, like what Nintendo did. What would you like to see? Which thirty games would they include? Would it be a replica of the original, or would they pop in a second controller?

#f*ckKonami
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

tbone3969

Re: Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:50:42 AM »
Very interesting.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:40:41 AM »
It's probably just to retain control over it and be able to stop peopke like Kanye West from using it without permission.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

tbone3969

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:01:52 AM »
It's probably just to retain control over it and be able to stop peopke like Kanye West from using it without permission.

You think Kanye would really title his album TurboGrafx?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 04:04:15 AM »
Maybe they're gonna update their offerings on PSN, at least making them available on PS4.

As for dreams of a mini, I'd want wireless controllers with extras available separately.  For games, I'd like Aero Blasters, Air Zonk, Alien Crush, Blazing Lazers, Bomberman '93, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, Bonk's Big Adventure, Cadash, Chew-Man-Fu, Dead Moon, Devil's Crush, Dragon's Curse, Dungeon Explorer, Galaga '90, Keith Courage, Legendary Axe, Legendary Axe II, Magical Chase, Military Madness, Neutopia, Neutopia 2, Ninja Spirit, Order Of The Griffon, Parasol Star, Soldier Blade, Somer Assault, Splatterhouse, Super Star Soldier, and Time Cruise.  My list should probably have more variety, with some sports games or something, but it's hard to pick when you're limited to just 30.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 04:12:43 AM »
PC-Engine already is the TG-16 mini

gex

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 06:41:08 AM »

O:) O:) O:)

Gentlegamer

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 06:41:36 AM »
It's for pinchinko.

dallaspattern

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 02:31:01 PM »
All i want for christmas is a BONK RPG

Desh

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
This is current Konami... we're not talking about when they were the awesome kick ass old school Konami.  They only know how to sit on and or shit on their old IPs and basically do nothing with them.  In the rare event they do something it's lame sauce.  Let's all sing together (to the little old Konami jingle when their name would flash at the title) Fu u u u u uck you!

esteban

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
All i want for christmas is a BONK RPG

It could have been fun :)

O:) O:) O:)

Hahahahaha. :)

It's for pinchinko.

Pachinko controllers for PCE are available.

This is current Konami... we're not talking about when they were the awesome kick ass old school Konami.  They only know how to sit on and or shit on their old IPs and basically do nothing with them.  In the rare event they do something it's lame sauce.  Let's all sing together (to the little old Konami jingle when their name would flash at the title) Fu u u u u uck you!

Konami has become Atari. Which I never thought I would ever say.
  |    | 

BlackandBlue

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 02:39:28 AM »
The PCE was released in 1987, so a 30th anniversary console (like the NES mini) would make sense.  Especially with how well these retro games have been selling for the past few years.  As long as its not like the Neo Geo X (which sold like crap, but the idea was well executed).
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

lukester

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 04:14:49 AM »
Would rather just have a new turbografx handheld :P

Groover

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 07:22:46 AM »
It's for pinchinko.

I think it is for this. Although I would like to see Konami do something with all those games like put them on the PS4, Vita and Steam.

Bonknuts

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 08:43:43 AM »
I already have a TG16 mini.. sort of (Ras Pi 3.. in the mail!). I just need a mini TG16 case for it.