Author Topic: Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx  (Read 1428 times)

esadajr

Re: Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »
I already have a TG16 mini.. sort of (Ras Pi 3.. in the mail!). I just need a mini TG16 case for it.
That'd be tits, even the controller part has been taken care of http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/tgfx16_usb/index_en.php
Gaming since 1985

exodus

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 10:38:44 AM »
Konami owns Hudson, wants to retain ownership of all its properties, also I happen to know another party filed for the trademark earlier, so this is likely to dispute that.

EmperorIng

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 10:45:32 AM »
I think it is to license digitally-released games. Anything beyond that is beyond the scope of modern Konami (not that making repro-consoles was ever IN their scope).

KingDrool

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 03:25:57 AM »
Konami owns Hudson, wants to retain ownership of all its properties, also I happen to know another party filed for the trademark earlier, so this is likely to dispute that.

Really? Who was the other party? Kanye?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

MNKyDeth

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 05:20:24 AM »
I dont get why Nintendo only put 30 games. Why would we limit a console to 30 games?

Make it mini with a SD card or some memory you can't erase and slap all the games on it. Heck,  make a version available that can play all the cd-rom games from the SD card as well.

I don't see the appeal in a console with a limited number of games like that when you can get the original console. MOD it fix it whatever then grab an everdrive and have every single game in the first place.

But thats me......

As for Konami I really can't remember any of their games I have played recently besides Rondo of Blood.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:21:58 AM by MNKyDeth »

KingDrool

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 05:29:07 AM »
Because it's supposed to be a simple little device for average consumers (30-40-something moms) to get warm fuzzy memories about the NES. It's not meant for hardcore nerds who troll ROM sites or track down old consoles and repair/mod them.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 07:22:41 AM »
I dont get why Nintendo only put 30 games. Why would we limit a console to 30 games?

Make it mini with a SD card or some memory you can't erase and slap all the games on it. Heck,  make a version available that can play all the cd-rom games from the SD card as well.

I don't see the appeal in a console with a limited number of games like that when you can get the original console. MOD it fix it whatever then grab an everdrive and have every single game in the first place.

But thats me......

As for Konami I really can't remember any of their games I have played recently besides Rondo of Blood.

If it sells well, they will release ver.2 with another batch of 30 games.

Money.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
It will be 20+ of the same games with some new ones mixed in.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esadajr

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »
Esteban you better file for a trademark for collectard.com
Gaming since 1985

esteban

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »
Esteban you better file for a trademark for collectard.com

SRSLY. :)

I gotta update the page, too. Maybe add some XMAS to it?
  |    | 

neopolss

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 03:40:18 PM »
Nintendo could have easily just rereleased the NES again, exactly how it was, and the games, exactly the same as before, and it would have sold gangbusters all over again.

esadajr

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 01:08:19 AM »
Nintendo could have easily just rereleased the NES again, exactly how it was, and the games, exactly the same as before, and it would have sold gangbusters all over again.
I couldn't agree more on that assessment. It would have been epic, it would have outsold the X1 and the PS4 together. But no, they had to screw up as usual.
Gaming since 1985

xelement5x

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 04:54:11 AM »

Ehhh, I for one am happy not to deal with crappy NES cart connectors anymore.  Don't own the classic nor plan to since my Twin Fami +N8 does it all, but I think they hit their target demographic well with this unit.  Over the next 6 months it will be more interesting to see what the hackers manage to do with it I think.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esadajr

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 08:35:51 AM »
If only because of the hardwired controllers, the Twinky Fami would be the Cadillac of Famicoms, instead the AV Fami has that honor.
Gaming since 1985

Black Tiger

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »
If only because of the hardwired controllers, the Twinky Fami would be the Cadillac of Famicoms, instead the AV Fami has that honor.

You misspelled "Sharp Twin". [-X
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum