Author Topic: SOLD - $155 - Super System Card 3.0 US version - Works Great  (Read 3609 times)

tbone3969

Re: SOLD - $160 - Super System Card 3.0 US version - Works Great
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »

FUTURE Future:
FS:  TED w/ 3.0 bios installed!  Play Super CD's for a fraction of the price!!  $100

Blasphemy...

I would never sell my TED.  To cool.  Especially using it on my Express on the subway.  I hope a cop stops me someday to inspect it.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

esteban

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 07:21:31 AM »
Price drop to $160  :lol:

You have been entered in the raffle. I will be selecting the winner on XMAS eve.

|    | 

Otaking

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 07:27:05 AM »
Future:

Price drop to $150.

Tbone Mc Scrooge with the Ghost of Christmas Future

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:32:17 AM by Otaking »

tbone3969

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 07:31:30 AM »
Tbone Mc Scrooge with the Ghost of Christmas Future

lol love it.  I really like the Bill Murray version too.  I get a bad wrap on this forum.  If the members here knew me personally you would see I'm a really nice guy. 
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Gypsy

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »

FUTURE Future:
FS:  TED w/ 3.0 bios installed!  Play Super CD's for a fraction of the price!!  $100

tbone3969

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »

FUTURE Future:

1979 for the record.

Oh boy....  I have so much work to get to but I am here posting on this forum.  Gotta love my job.

ginoscope

Re: $175 - Super System Card 3.0 US version - Works Great
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
The TurboGrafx Super CD System Card was obsolete years before the TED. Just as Turbo hardware is less functional than PCE hardware and their value is made up more by collectibility. This will never change.

I agree with this some people amaze me at how much they want to overpay for a US version of a system.  I was on NA the other day and some guy was wanting to buy a neo geo aes and he would rather pay $600 for the US version than less than half that for a Japanese system.

As far as I know the only difference is the bios chip, RF shielding, and an FCC sticker.  To each their own but all you have to do to the Japanese AES is add a universe bios and problem solved.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »

tbone didn't choose the thug life.....  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tbone3969

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 07:57:06 AM »

tbone didn't choose the thug life.....  :lol:

Wow, so now I'm Hitler.  That's ok.  I have always loved the heels.

On a side note, can anyone tell me how to get the picture to actually show up in the post instead of just a link to it?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:48:25 AM by tbone3969 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2016, 08:08:06 AM »
No, I don't think you're Hitler.  It's just funny when people that consistently do shitty things argue that they're truly princes among men.

To embed pics, use image tags {img}url{/img}, substituting square brackets for curly.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tbone3969

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »
No, I don't think you're Hitler.  It's just funny when people that consistently do shitty things argue that they're truly princes among men.

How is selling an item at market value a shitty thing?

To embed pics, use image tags {img}url{/img}, substituting square brackets for curly.

Thanks for this info.  I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:45:44 AM by tbone3969 »

Otaking

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2016, 08:48:54 AM »
Dude you sell items such as Dragon Slayer and Mysterious Song trying to milk the absolute maximum value you possibly can get. Then come on here and snap up bargains such as Lords of Thunder being sold for half market value to forum members.

Sell high, buy low, it's a great ethic i guess.

Anyways when the Ghost of Christmas Past visits you on Christmas Eve he'll explain it all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:48:52 AM by Otaking »

tbone3969

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2016, 08:58:48 AM »
Dude you sell items such as Dragon Slayer and Mysterious Song trying to milk the absolute maximum value you possibly can get. Then come on here and snap up bargains such as Lords of Thunder being sold for half market value to forum members.

Sell high, buy low, it's great ethic i guess.

So let's use logic to evaluate this claim.  I buy items under market value and sell them at a higher value.  Now I didn't force anyone to sell at a lower value.  They are willing to do this.  Also, people are willing to pay the higher price.  No one is forcing them.  Why is this wrong?  I am a businessman.  That's what I went to school for and I have a finance job.  I like to make money.  I have a wife and young daughter to support. 

I do the same thing in the stock market.  Or at least I try.  No one has a crystal ball. 

It seems to me that buying low and selling high is just good business.  I just don't know how this makes me a bad person?  And, by the way, I am giving the LOT away as a Xmas gift to a good friend of mine.  I am also giving him a TurboGrafx 16 system with all the hook ups and the CD Base attachment so he has AV Composite out access.  He is on his own to get the CD player however.  I can send pics of us playing the system together if you guys want.  Might make for a cool and interesting thread.  I am seeing him and his family on the 26th.  Spending Christmas day with my immediate family.

Otaking

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2016, 09:08:09 AM »
Yeah sure I'll explain.
You say "I'm a Businessman", to let you know this forum is not a business opertunity, it's a forum for enthusiasts to discuss a common interest and sometimes it's members help each other out by offering below market value deal to help others enjoy the games not to help a "businessman" make a great deal.

tbone3969

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2016, 09:16:21 AM »

I have thought about this and your right in the sense that people should be judged by their actions, that's for sure.  However, I would argue that all you know of me is what I write on this forum and the transactions I have made here and on other sites such as NA and eBay.  I have very good feedback on all those sites, pretty much perfect, and I have never screwed anyone over.  Not to mention that, percentage wise, the amount of actions exposed to you and the members of this site is a minuscule percentage compared to the total actions I have made in my thirty seven years on this planet. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:46:44 AM by tbone3969 »