Author Topic: SOLD - $155 - Super System Card 3.0 US version - Works Great  (Read 3603 times)

tbone3969

Re: SOLD - $160 - Super System Card 3.0 US version - Works Great
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »
Yeah sure I'll explain.
You say "I'm a Businessman", to let you know this forum is not a business opertunity, it's a forum for enthusiasts to discuss a common interest and sometimes it's members help each other out by offering below market value deal to help others enjoy the games not to help a "businessman" make a great deal.

Ok well that was never explained to me when I joined.  This also seems to be a unique position for a site like this to be in as other similar sites I have done business on aren't like this one (NA, IsoZone, eBay, etc). 

I do chime in on other threads besides buying and selling threads on here as well.  Mods can check my usage to prove it.  Even recently I have given advice to members when they needed help getting their system up and running.  I have also raffled off a game and will be doing another raffle after Xmas.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »

FUTURE Future:
FS:  TED w/ 3.0 bios installed!  Play Super CD's for a fraction of the price!!  $100

1979 for the record.

Oh boy....  I have so much work to get to but I am here posting on this forum.  Gotta love my job.

You must work for the VA.

Otaking

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2016, 09:31:27 AM »
Yeah sure I'll explain.
You say "I'm a Businessman", to let you know this forum is not a business opertunity, it's a forum for enthusiasts to discuss a common interest and sometimes it's members help each other out by offering below market value deal to help others enjoy the games not to help a "businessman" make a great deal.

Ok well that was never explained to me when I joined.  This also seems to be a unique position for a site like this to be in as other similar sites I have done business on aren't like this one (NA, IsoZone, eBay, etc). 

This forum is nothing like NA or eBay.
Why do think CPTRAVE sold those games on here at those prices?? he could of easily jumped on eBay and got twice as much, this wasn't some clever business move you made, you exploited someone's kindness who was trying helpout fellow forum members.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:33:28 AM by Otaking »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2016, 09:36:08 AM »
It seems to me that buying low and selling high is just good business.  I just don't know how this makes me a bad person? 

Like otaking said, this is supposed to be a community.  It's not intended to be a market place for leeches to make a buck.

And don't act stupid about why you continually get flak.  This isn't the first time we've had this debate.

And, by the way, I am giving the LOT away as a Xmas gift to a good friend of mine.  I am also giving him a TurboGrafx 16 system with all the hook ups and the CD Base attachment so he has AV Composite out access.  He is on his own to get the CD player however.  I can send pics of us playing the system together if you guys want.  Might make for a cool and interesting thread.  I am seeing him and his family on the 26th.  Spending Christmas day with my immediate family.

I don't give a tin shit about what you do with your friends.....

I have thought about this and your right in the sense that people should be judged by their actions, that's for sure.  However, I would argue that all you know of me is what I write on this forum and the transactions I have made here and on other sites such as NA and eBay.  I have very good feedback on all those sites, pretty much perfect, and I have never screwed anyone over.  Not to mention that, percentage wise, the amount of actions exposed to you and the members of this site is a minuscule percentage compared to the total actions I have made in my thirty eight years on this planet. 

..... nor do I give a f*ck about your dealings elsewhere.  We've seen enough to know it's not an isolated incident, and your own posts show that padding your wallet is your top priority.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tbone3969

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2016, 09:42:46 AM »
Yeah sure I'll explain.

Why do think CPTRAVE sold those games on here at those prices?? he could of easily jumped on eBay and got twice as much, this wasn't some clever business move you made, you exploited someone's kindness who was trying helpout fellow forum members.

Well do you feel the same knowing that I am not selling the LOT and giving it to a friend who wants a TurboGrafx?  Your argument kinda breaks down in this case as I am not re-selling it.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

tbone3969

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »
It seems to me that buying low and selling high is just good business.  I just don't know how this makes me a bad person? 

Like otaking said, this is supposed to be a community.  It's not intended to be a market place for leeches to make a buck.

And don't act stupid about why you continually get flak.  This isn't the first time we've had this debate.

And, by the way, I am giving the LOT away as a Xmas gift to a good friend of mine.  I am also giving him a TurboGrafx 16 system with all the hook ups and the CD Base attachment so he has AV Composite out access.  He is on his own to get the CD player however.  I can send pics of us playing the system together if you guys want.  Might make for a cool and interesting thread.  I am seeing him and his family on the 26th.  Spending Christmas day with my immediate family.

I don't give a tin shit about what you do with your friends.....

I have thought about this and your right in the sense that people should be judged by their actions, that's for sure.  However, I would argue that all you know of me is what I write on this forum and the transactions I have made here and on other sites such as NA and eBay.  I have very good feedback on all those sites, pretty much perfect, and I have never screwed anyone over.  Not to mention that, percentage wise, the amount of actions exposed to you and the members of this site is a minuscule percentage compared to the total actions I have made in my thirty eight years on this planet. 

..... nor do I give a f*ck about your dealings elsewhere.  We've seen enough to know it's not an isolated incident, and your own posts show that padding your wallet is your top priority.

Fair enough.

esteban

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
Dude you sell items such as Dragon Slayer and Mysterious Song trying to milk the absolute maximum value you possibly can get. Then come on here and snap up bargains such as Lords of Thunder being sold for half market value to forum members.

Sell high, buy low, it's great ethic i guess.

So let's use logic to evaluate this claim.  I buy items under market value and sell them at a higher value.  Now I didn't force anyone to sell at a lower value.  They are willing to do this.  Also, people are willing to pay the higher price.  No one is forcing them.  Why is this wrong?  I am a businessman.  That's what I went to school for and I have a finance job.  I like to make money.  I have a wife and young daughter to support. 

I do the same thing in the stock market.  Or at least I try.  No one has a crystal ball. 

It seems to me that buying low and selling high is just good business.  I just don't know how this makes me a bad person?  And, by the way, I am giving the LOT away as a Xmas gift to a good friend of mine.  I am also giving him a TurboGrafx 16 system with all the hook ups and the CD Base attachment so he has AV Composite out access.  He is on his own to get the CD player however.  I can send pics of us playing the system together if you guys want.  Might make for a cool and interesting thread.  I am seeing him and his family on the 26th.  Spending Christmas day with my immediate family.

Please stop.

Profiteering is profiteering.

Stop justifying bullshit.

If you don't understand why we have a problem with profiteering in a hobby we love, then you are ignorant.

However, I suspect you are feigning ignorance because you know that pretending to be an imbecile is less morally repugnant than openly admitting that you are a slimy, unctuous profiteer.

The fact that I took the time to explain this, albeit with a harsh, judgmental tongue, is my way of saying: please stop digging yourself deeper into a pit of shite.

I might be naive, but I think we could actually talk about the content and culture of video games themselves.
  |    | 

tbone3969

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 09:51:42 AM »
Dude you sell items such as Dragon Slayer and Mysterious Song trying to milk the absolute maximum value you possibly can get. Then come on here and snap up bargains such as Lords of Thunder being sold for half market value to forum members.

Sell high, buy low, it's great ethic i guess.

So let's use logic to evaluate this claim.  I buy items under market value and sell them at a higher value.  Now I didn't force anyone to sell at a lower value.  They are willing to do this.  Also, people are willing to pay the higher price.  No one is forcing them.  Why is this wrong?  I am a businessman.  That's what I went to school for and I have a finance job.  I like to make money.  I have a wife and young daughter to support. 

I do the same thing in the stock market.  Or at least I try.  No one has a crystal ball. 

It seems to me that buying low and selling high is just good business.  I just don't know how this makes me a bad person?  And, by the way, I am giving the LOT away as a Xmas gift to a good friend of mine.  I am also giving him a TurboGrafx 16 system with all the hook ups and the CD Base attachment so he has AV Composite out access.  He is on his own to get the CD player however.  I can send pics of us playing the system together if you guys want.  Might make for a cool and interesting thread.  I am seeing him and his family on the 26th.  Spending Christmas day with my immediate family.

Please stop.

Profiteering is profiteering.

Stop justifying bullshit.

If you don't understand why we have a problem with profiteering in a hobby we love, then you are ignorant.

However, I suspect you are feigning ignorance because you know that pretending to be an imbecile is less morally repugnant than openly admitting that you are a slimy, unctuous profiteer.

The fact that I took the time to explain this, albeit with a harsh, judgmental tongue, is my way of saying: please stop digging yourself deeper into a pit of shite.

I might be naive, but I think we could actually talk about the content and culture of video games themselves.

Well said. 

Hey I am over 500 posts now.  :dance:

bob

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 09:55:12 AM »

...transactions I have made here and on other sites such as NA...

in the finance world, we call this "diminished capacity"

Otaking

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 09:55:28 AM »
Tbone TBH the current active members have gone quite light on you with this. If the older forum members were still active they would of flamed the hell out of you a hundred times worse.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:02:13 AM by Otaking »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
Tbone TBH the current active members have gone quite light on you with this. If the older forum members were still active they would of flamed the hell out of you a hundred times worse.

Shit, I'm slipping.  Change all my previous responses to "Go f*ck yourself!"  :lol:

Otaking

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »

Shit, I'm slipping.  Change all my previous responses to "Go f*ck yourself!"  :lol:

lol  :lol:  :lol:

I was thinking other old members such as ProfessorProfessorson, Sinistron or Vestcoat etc.. who would of ripped him a new one over this.

Unfortunately in Sinistron's case he no longer posted as he sadly passed away.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »
Ha!  I'd love to see a few more patented vestcoat audits.

Gypsy

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »
Don't check this thread for an hour or w/e and lelelel.

Yeah sure I'll explain.

I was hoping he wouldn't sell to tbone for the lulz.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:48:56 AM by Gypsy »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2016, 03:57:28 PM »
It's really sad to see how many people apparently enjoy getting flamed. Their lives must be incredibly lonely if they feel the need to keep this thread alive just for the attention. "Piss on me some more, at least it's something."

We really need a mental health system in this country. People are hurting.