Author Topic: PCEWorks is back to making passable bootlegs and lots of them  (Read 3856 times)

Jibbajaba

Re: PCEWorks is back to making passable bootlegs and lots of them
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »
I'm actually more pissed that some fag was selling bootleg Everdrives at PRGE than I am about Tobias.  Anyone who buys his shit knows they're buying bootlegs (unless they're retarded). 

Bootleg everdrives? Ive never heard of this...

You can buy them on places like AliExpress.  The board design is the exact same as Krikzz', but supposedly the build quality isn't as good from what I've been told, and the software is different (and supposedly inferior).

Jibbajaba

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »

The vast majority of the people who comment on my videos are awesome, but there are also a few people who need to pull a plastic bag over their head and go to sleep.

Anyway at least try to have fun with the shitty comments instead of getting angry at them. I had a dude who was saying how the PS2 trounced the OG Xbox in every conceivable way. That was fun for me.

Honestly, I don't even give a shit about people's (in my opinion) wrong opinions.  I get plenty of that, but if someone wants to talk about how bad the Genesis sucks, then that's their thing.  What I can't stand are people who want to correct the facts stated in my videos with alternate ones pulled out of their asses. 

Not long ago someone left a comment on my PSX launch video saying simply "The Playstation launched in 94, bro."  Now it's true that it launched in Japan in 94, so maybe he was talking about that, so I just responded with "Did you watch the video?"  Because of course I said that it came out in 94 in Japan, and then in 95 here.  HOLY SHIT he responds with a f*cking TIRADE.  Something to the effect of "OF COURSE I WATCHED IT YOU f*ckING IDIOT BUT I REMEMBER BEING AT THE MALL IN 94 AND SAW IT FOR SALE BECAUSE THEY WERE PUTTING IT UP AGAINST THE SATURN.  f*ck YOU, YOUR STUPID AND SHOULD STOP MAKING VIDEOS."  I mean, honestly.  The Playstation launch is very well-documented.  There's nothing to even argue about.  But this guy went on and on with not just me, but other posters.  Like he just refuses to believe that it game out when it did because he has this memory of being like 10 years old or whatever and seeing something in a mall somewhere.

Just a couple of days ago, I got called a "cocksucking fag" because at one point in the same Playstation launch vid, I referred to the system as the "PSX".   This kid says something like "The PSX is a product that Sony released in the early 2000's.  God I hate it when people mix that up."  So I just informed him that we did indeed call the Playstation the "PSX" back in the day (I think after the PS2 had been announced), and he goes on to inform me that "he's 24 (lol) and had owned a Playstation his whole life, I'm a fag, etc."  I tell him to explain why in the late 90's IGN's Playstation website was "psx.ign.com", then.  That shut him the f*ck up.

I think it would be awesome if a bunch of YouTube content creators got together and wrote a book on what it's like dealing with commenters.  I think it would be a fun read.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:08:03 AM by CGQuarterly »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
People mistake their memories as facts. I have a friend who writes articles on movie releases and he's very into heavy research. He often gets feedback about how someone remembered watching a 70mm print at a drive in the year before said movie came out when in fact the movie didn't even have 70mm prints. Memories change. NOBODY has perfect memory. It's all faulty. That's why we document things. Memory is not evidence. Of course there's no convincing people of this. "No but I CLEARLY remember it". No, you clearly misremember it.

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »
People mistake their memories as facts. I have a friend who writes articles on movie releases and he's very into heavy research. He often gets feedback about how someone remembered watching a 70mm print at a drive in the year before said movie came out when in fact the movie didn't even have 70mm prints. Memories change. NOBODY has perfect memory. It's all faulty. That's why we document things. Memory is not evidence. Of course there's no convincing people of this. "No but I CLEARLY remember it". No, you clearly misremember it.
Sure... It's called Mandela Effect lol

jperryss

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »
I'm actually more pissed that some fag was selling bootleg Everdrives at PRGE than I am about Tobias.  Anyone who buys his shit knows they're buying bootlegs (unless they're retarded). 

Bootleg everdrives? Ive never heard of this...

You can buy them on places like AliExpress.  The board design is the exact same as Krikzz', but supposedly the build quality isn't as good from what I've been told, and the software is different (and supposedly inferior).

Most of the ones on eBay are fakes too.

ChuChu Flamingo

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »
Sure... It's called Mandela Effect lol

This timeline has many differences, I just want back in the Berenstein bears timeline.

ccovell

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »
*Berenstain*

Sorry.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2016, 09:57:06 PM »
*Berenstain*
Sorry.

He's referring to the AVGN alternate reality video, I think.   lol.   

on the topic of repros and crap, here's a Venn Diagram of the differences

I don't see the point in either type of repro. 

Tobias' repros can be made by oneself with a printer and a CD basically.   You lose the "pressed CD" thing, but we've discovered how/what to use so that CD-Rs aren't shit-tier.  So, the only thing he has a knack for is making really cool boxes/stupid shit to go with the games and entice jackoffs to buy them up so he can buy more upscalers.

The HuCards started as a "ohman we can get Magical Chase" sort of thing.  But now, we are unfortunately wasting the materials on stupid shit like black Keith Courage cards and combo-cards for people to post pictures of on Facebook and go "OMFG GOT ME A REPROS, lol #GAMING".

To be 100% honest, the Hueys are a tad overpriced, and people buying those things for 50$+ or whatever are dumbshits.  You can spend 20$ more and buy an Everdrive, and play all the same crap.  How bad do people really need things on a shelf?   

If you really need shelves of game cases, just get a bunch of empty CD cases and put sparky's stickers on the spines.   I assure you, the placebo effect will kick in and you will enjoy just playing everything on your Everdrive.

The HuCard repros aren't legit.  They're fake.   neat, but fake.  People saying "finally finished my collection" as the result of buying a bunch of fake HuCards are dinguses.   You didn't complete anything.   

The upside to the HuCards is that they're "made by us".

Tobias is an outsider, and he's a dick.  Had he not been a giant dick, people would not be up in arms about the guy.

I also personally feel pretty "wtf?" when I see people jacking off over repro hucards and shelling out $$$$$$$$$ for them, while passing up on Atlantean.

... and then those same people message me asking for Atlantean when I am sold out.    The fake HuCards have become a bit of a distraction.

People really have mostly resorted to just posting pictures of all the stupid shit they buy, followed by maybe a title screen of the game.   I don't think half these people play a goddamn thing.

I don't need to see 40 different people posting the same picture of a HuCard repro they bought.

I don't even need to see people posting REAL ones they bought.

We all know what a f*ckin copy of Bonk looks like.  We're not that retarded.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2016, 10:16:36 PM »
Also, before someone says "oh but you charge $$$$ for Atlantean.  you can't talk."

1) We're charging you for parts, labor, time-spent-3Dprinting-because-jesus-christ-the-things-print-slow.
2) We're also charging you for BRAND NEW GAME THAT WE SPENT ALOT OF FREE TIME ON, to encourage us to bother continuing to do that.

2 is the important part.   That's the justification.  You're basically paying us for the fact that we (as a team) spent tons of our free time to give you a new thing to play with.  If people weren't willing to pay for these once finished, I can assure you, I would not focus on them as much as I do.   Part of the fun of this is making the physical things, and going to conventions to setup and show them off, talk to people, and sell them.  It's a nice feeling to be rewarded for a f*ckton of effort.

If all of that wasn't a thing, I would still make the games, it's just, I've got a cabinet of games that basically fall out on me everytime I open the doors as a result of focusing on making games and dicking around with this stuff.   Getting to those games for my enjoyment would be cool.  So, I would spend *less* of my free time making games.   Everyone being willing to participate encourages me to try and finish stuff sometime this century.  This sometimes means I don't get to play games as much.

I can't say I really agree with seeing HuCards of like, Hana Taka Daka going for 45$, or a 2fer card with Neutopia 1 and 2 going for like 50+$ when it takes hardly any time to assemble one of those, and nobody reproing it had any hand in the programming part.   They should cost less.   

Bonknuts

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2016, 07:07:47 AM »
LOL! I got kicked out of "Turbob Xpress" facebook group today because some guy couldn't understand why I don't have praise for Tobias. The ignorant dick didn't even know PCE works was selling MM1 updated CD; he only thought they gave away free discs. The ignorance of some people. Confronted with it, he doesn't care because he got a copy - that's all the matters. That if I cared, I should have pressed them myself! I know Tobias is doing more shit than taking community stuff, but I doubt people will care either way. A PSA will probably fall on deaf ears.

esteban

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2016, 02:55:01 PM »
LOL! I got kicked out of "Turbob Xpress" facebook group today because some guy couldn't understand why I don't have praise for Tobias. The ignorant dick didn't even know PCE works was selling MM1 updated CD; he only thought they gave away free discs. The ignorance of some people. Confronted with it, he doesn't care because he got a copy - that's all the matters. That if I cared, I should have pressed them myself! I know Tobias is doing more shit than taking community stuff, but I doubt people will care either way. A PSA will probably fall on deaf ears.

I know. I just want to believe that some folks will transcend their ignorance.

At this point, it seems that even hoping for 5% of the ignorant to become "enlightened" is too generous...

Still, I can't give up on those 5% :)
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »
Who kicked you out of Turbob Xpress?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2016, 08:41:18 AM »

1) We're charging you for parts, labor, time-spent-3Dprinting-because-jesus-christ-the-things-print-slow.
2) We're also charging you for BRAND NEW GAME THAT WE SPENT ALOT OF FREE TIME ON, to encourage us to bother continuing to do that.

I seriously hope nobody gives you shit for charging or (gasp) making a profit for your goods and not offering a downloadable ROM for free (which you offer a demo with Santatlantean anyway). You are producing a marketable good that not only has costs, but the time investment is nothing without reward so your profit is perfectly acceptable. You're not passing off repros as originals and selling them for an inflated value so I can't imagine anyone would give you shit, but this is the internet... I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but if there are readers of this forum who would criticize Atlantean costing money, well... let's fight!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »
Mostly idiots on fb.   Ive also had people bitch about no free shipping, or expensive shipping.

.... to international locales.

Lol

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2016, 03:14:38 PM »
Also, I saw where two dipshits basically made fun of Bonknuts for being miffed about Tobias lifting his Megaman stuff.

It's a shitshow.

The PCE scene has turned into a trainwreck, thanks to Facebook, and selfish gamers

EDIT:  The post was deleted,or they hid it from me.   Either way, bunch of f*ckups.   
I wonder if they post here.   Does Jordan Bayless post here?

If so, he's a dick. 

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:24:11 PM by Arkhan »