Author Topic: Huzak - Yet another music driver  (Read 13101 times)

DarkKobold

Re: Huzak - Yet another music driver
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »
I think DK is just looking to plug in some temp music and sound effects to test with to plan how hte code will work, but we don't currently have a musician/sound person, so having access to instruments/tools is not really useful for us.

Like I said earlier, we are thankful for Elmer's work on the tool, and the musicians out there working with him to make it flexable and useable, but unless someone wants to give us music to use as a placeholder there's not a lot we can do with the tools even if Elmer gave them to us.

This is exactly it. The majority of potential musicians we've interacted with wanted money first, which neither gredler or I have the ability to front. However, I'd like to be able to start adding placeholder tracks, to make sure it works, doesn't slow my code down, or if it does, edit my code so the speed is maintained. Additionally, I'd love to be able to add downsampled sound effects in the proper places. Really, it'd be nice to be at a point where we're both comfortable the game will be finished, and thus we'd be in a better place to front the cash for actual good music. At this point, its just a hobby project between two bros. (We've also agreed we won't kickstarter anything until its pretty much ready for manufacture.)

Regarding SFX, I'm capable of downsampling WAV files into 5bit numbers, but I'm going to need hand holding past that... Really, just getting these things started would help us accelerate, and have a more 'complete' feeling game.
Hey, you.

Gredler

« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2017, 03:30:11 PM »
(We've also agreed we won't kickstarter anything until its pretty much ready for manufacture.)

To be clear, if someone wanted a physical copy it would require money manufacture, so we would ask for people to help pay for any physical copies that would be made - I don't want to get people thinking we're planning on putting this project on kickstarter - that is NOT something I want to do if at all possible.

Michirin9801

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2017, 02:55:52 AM »
I'm tempted to just send you some of my music for you to test...

Gredler

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »

Thanks, if you've heard the music I made I am sure anything you record while on the toilet would sound better than my attempts ;)

DarkKobold

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »

We would promise that none of it would make it to the final version of the game, unless you specifically wanted it to! It will be played during various game play demos, whether they are posted to youtube or played at the various gaming conventions. We'd be sure to give you credit, even if none of your songs were in the final version. Let us know if that is cool for you.
Hey, you.

Michirin9801

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »

We would promise that none of it would make it to the final version of the game, unless you specifically wanted it to! It will be played during various game play demos, whether they are posted to youtube or played at the various gaming conventions. We'd be sure to give you credit, even if none of your songs were in the final version. Let us know if that is cool for you.

That's perfectly fine with me!
I'll PM you this weekend with a few songs, but mind you, they're all covers, none of them is original by me >w>

MooZ

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
Damn I'd definitively need this.
I'm tired of 200KB vgm :/

elmer

« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »
Yes, I really need to get back to this and finish it off enough for a release.

The big thing that's stopping that (apart from sample-support), is adding the modifications to the converter to process multiple DefleMask files so that you can convert a few different tunes and add sound effects as well, all into the same bank of music.

That's ongoing.

MooZ

« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »
Maybe you can postpone the multi song stuff for a v2 :)

Gredler

« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2017, 11:39:49 AM »
Elmer is a man of many projects, all of them so appreciable!

I know how important and anticipated the translation projects are, but huzak is tip top of my Christmas list this year, I have to agree how exciting this is!

After working in pro motion ng for a bit over the laat couple weeks, and making some small progress on the third of five planned levels, I can't wait to start getting some tuneage in there! We have not locked down a composer/artist, but even Michirin9801's graciously donated covers for now would be raaad :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:20:05 PM by Gredler »

elmer

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
Maybe you can postpone the multi song stuff for a v2 :)

Yeah, sorry, can't do that ... I need that capability so that Gredler & DK can have both Sound Effects and Tunes.

Kinda important for homebrew.

If you have a real pressing use for it ... send me a PM, and we can talk.

Some people already have copies of the current WIP ... but even though they've got it, it's not much use to Gredler & DK at the moment without HuC hooks.

Michirin9801

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »
but even mirichans graciously donated covers for now would be raaad :)
You're talking about me?
If so you kinda misspelled my name >w>';

Gredler

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2017, 08:20:38 PM »
Yeah I was, sorry I fixed it:)

MooZ

« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2017, 04:15:07 AM »
Well I'm not in a hurry. I don't think I'll have enough new material to release something at datastorm this september anyway.

elmer

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2017, 07:24:54 PM »
No problem! I'm busy myself at the moment.

This month is going to be lost to "vacation" preparations, so I'm not going to get much more PCE-stuff done until September.