Author Topic: Mod a Duo to use HD Retrovision cables?  (Read 290 times)

technozombie

Mod a Duo to use HD Retrovision cables?
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:14:35 AM »
Has anyone tried modding a Duo to use HD Retrovision cables? The Dbelec guy recommends using the Genesis cable with his grafx booster whatever its called. My Doujindance Duo has an 8 pin + ground, C type DIN, and the Genesis uses a U type I think. Anyways, just looking for some input.
 Thanks.

Bloufo

Re: Mod a Duo to use HD Retrovision cables?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:43:45 AM »
Not to hijack your thread, but it didn't seem that important to start a new one over this. And it is kinda related.

So, I have an RGB modded Super CD-ROMĀ² unit, and just out of curiosity I tried those Genesis HD Retrovision Component cables on it.

Not that I'd want to, but for arguments sake if I wanted to get the colors right, would this just be a case of changing the wiring on the AV port?

technozombie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:24:17 AM »
That's what it looks like to me, but there may be some other wires that  do not match.

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:57 AM »
a Genesis model 1 cable does not have stereo audio the way a real duo cable does. Also, using stock wiring that cable could cause problems because I think the 5-volt from The Av Jack then ends up being pushed through the green video signal.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:34:20 AM by Keith Courage »