Author Topic: Adding VGA "port" to TV using component mod  (Read 323 times)

that1crzywhtguy

Adding VGA "port" to TV using component mod
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:19:36 AM »
I'm looking at thesteve's component board found at : http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13231.0

and wondering... Could this be used to convert VGA to component? I know this is really built for console side, but could it work anyway? I know it would need to include a a sync combiner... but, thoughts?

Eddiesamma

Re: Adding VGA "port" to TV using component mod
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:50:52 AM »
Assuming that your talking about a standard definition tube tv, it will not work. The sync signal is about 2/3 higher than what it's expecting. However there are cheap vga to s-video adaptors and composite. And higher end vga to component adaptors that can correct the signal to what a standard tube is expecting.

that1crzywhtguy

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
Assuming that your talking about a standard definition tube tv

I actually had in mind a EDTV 480p LCD.

And higher end vga to component adaptors that can correct the signal to what a standard tube is expecting.

What got me thinking about this in the first place is that I have yet to find, cheap or otherwise, a decent converter. They all do a horrible job, producing a crummy signal.

Eddiesamma

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 02:32:07 PM »
When I say high end I mean on the buy an n.e.c. broadcast monitor instead price range lol

that1crzywhtguy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 09:22:28 PM »
When I say high end I mean on the buy an n.e.c. broadcast monitor instead price range lol

Thus why I was trying to get creative with this idea. :)