Author Topic: WTB Soldier Blade  (Read 830 times)

yxlplig

WTB Soldier Blade
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:39:05 AM »
EDIT: All games found and purchased. Collection complete.

Hello, my friends. I am looking for a few more titles to finish off my NA Turbo collection, and at the moment I'm looking to get Soldier Blade (I might add the other 2 to the thread at a later date).

I'm not looking for perfection, but I'd like a manual that is not ripped/written on. And I'd prefer the game not to have a ton of scratches.

Since this is my first post, and since I've heard you guys can be weird about selling games like this, I feel the need to add this next part. When I say I'm completing my NA TurboGrafx-16 collection, I mean that I'm completing my own personal list of 23 games. I'm not a shelf collector. I always aim to complete 80%+ of the games I buy, and I've almost done that with the TG-16. I need to beat either Sinistron, JJ and Jeff, or max out the score counter in one of the Crush games.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:00:10 AM by yxlplig »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: WTB Soldier Blade
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:04:57 AM »
I've nothing to sell, so I'm just here to say welcome aboard and that Soldier Blade is one of my favorite shewties.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:31:59 AM »
I need to beat ... JJ and Jeff
Lofty goal...JJ can be a filthy bitch with those warp back hidden areas. 

...I am looking for a few more titles to finish off my NA Turbo collection...
...When I say I'm completing my NA TurboGrafx-16 collection, I mean that I'm completing my own personal list of 23 games...
So you're going for a personal "set" as in all the games you like and want to own instead of the ever-so-common OMG 100% complete-look-at-my-rares on the shelf? That is also commendable.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
As long as the set contains Motor Roader, all is well in the world.

gex

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »
I need to beat either Sinistron, JJ and Jeff, or max out the score counter in one of the Crush games.
Sinistron ! Heyyyyy, glad to see the love. Hardest game i've beat in the TG16 library so far, very rewarding but getting there takes so much

But annywaays, Solider Blade. I would keep your eyes on eBay for the next little bit. One in its original box recently sold for $350 USD. Which is crazy, but not as crazy as the last few sales before it. Right after that a BIN popped up for $550 which nobody touched. So maybe you'll get lucky and catch a good BIN from a panicking collector who saw the "economic disaster of his investment" :lol:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:10:30 PM by gex »

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 01:39:51 AM »
Save your money and get the PCE version. Or better yet an everdrive.

yxlplig

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »
Yes, JJ and Jeff is one of those games where sometimes you have have to stop mid session for the sake of your own sanity. I got to 6-3 the first time I played it and have been meaning to get back to it for months. The game has a lot of character though, it's worthwhile for platformer fans.

Sinistron might be above my skill level right now as I'm still relatively inexperienced with shooting games. But I love the mechanic of exposing the cockpit to fire wider. I've only played the first 3 stages so I haven't seen the huge jump in difficulty yet, but I can imagine what it's going to be like.

As far as buying a flash cart or games from other regions to save money, that is something I will never do. I find that I play more videogames when I have to buy them. If a game is too expensive like Magical Chase, I'll just never play that game. Playing videogames is a cheap hobby, it doesn't bother me that every console I own has a few games I'll have to pay $200 for.

But annywaays, Solider Blade. I would keep your eyes on eBay for the next little bit.
For these games that didn't come in jewel cases, my insistence that I have the manual complicates things. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky in the next few weeks. What worries me is when someone puts together a donor jewel case with a repro label and charges a premium price. Every time I see one of these ebay listings, I'm always worried that someone is going to buy it and then for 90 days other sellers are going to think Soldier Blade is a $400 game.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:30:59 PM by yxlplig »

gex

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:12 PM »
What worries me is when someone puts together a donor jewel case with a repro label and charges a premium price. Every time I see one of these ebay listings, I'm always worried that someone is going to buy it and then for 90 days other sellers are going to think Soldier Blade is a $400 game.
I'm always amazed at how many people who own TG16 don't know that games like Air Zonk and Ghost Manor never came with jewel cases. You're right though, it's eBay that confuses them with the premium price.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 02:00:14 AM »
As far as buying a flash cart or games from other regions to save money, that is something I will never do.
Come to the dark side! ...never say never...

I've converted from TG-16 to all PCE since over time I've acquired more JP systems than Turbos so it made sense to get PCE versions of the games plus all the non US released games. I also support gaming events by bringing obey and having flashcards allows me to have access to all the HuCard releases along with not having to worry about loosing a more expensive games to theft.

I still buy games, a flash card did not hinder that...in fact, it has made me by more games! So you are right, not having a flashcard would be best since you'd not experience more titles that you'd them have to buy like me.

But what is your thoughts on CD-R's?
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

yxlplig

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 07:03:05 AM »
I just find that when I have a full rom set dowloaded for use with a PC emulator, that I play 1 or 2 games that I'm most curious about and then never touch the rest of them. When I buy something, then I'm committed to playing it because I have money in it.

I will start using flash carts to play rom hacks/translations on original hardware and to try a few games before buying. Which I use emulators for now. And I will eventually get a Duo R to play JP exclusives and CD games.

In regards to CD-Rs, I think in 20-30 years from now they will be the only way to play Sega CD/Turbo CD/Saturn games on original hardware. People are already finding that several of their games have little pinholes in the data layer due to disc rot.

I'm a little nervous about putting CD-Rs into an expensive console like a Duo R, I don't know if that overworks the laser or not. I've never been satisfied with the explanations I've read for if CD-Rs do or do not stress laser assemblies. But when I start getting into these systems more, I'm definitely not dropping $1000+ into the original discs. Hopefully someone makes a disc drive replacement like the Saturn/DC have.

Gypsy

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »
Well there are alternatives like RHEA. Not sure how the PCE project is progressing. I see later in your post you mention it. My hope is that when playing original discs becomes more of a problem and/or more consoles have their drive start to fail, that such options are more prevalent than they are now. You'd think need would press the issue. So far that I know of you can play Saturn, DC, PS2 and PS3 w/o using the disc drive at all. And really it's only easily/cheaply done on PS2/3. If I'm forgetting an optical system here, someone please inform me. I do not keep up to date with this stuff.

As far as taxing lasers I'd say just play shit and don't worry about it. I've played a shit ton of burned games on a lot of my old consoles like Sega CD, Dreamcast, fat PS2 etc... and all are still fine. I've just recently started playing burns on Saturn and my Duo R so I can't speak to that as much. Otoh I killed a slim PS2 I bought new with nothing but retail discs in less than 6 months. Laser went to shit.

So consoles are either lemons or a trooper, I don't think it really matters. Play and enjoy games, cross the repair/replacement bridge when you get to it.

Oh and welcome to the forum. Soldier Blade kicks ASS.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:54:19 AM by Gypsy »

cjameslv

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 05:40:27 PM »
Well there are alternatives like RHEA. Not sure how the PCE project is progressing. I see later in your post you mention it. My hope is that when playing original discs becomes more of a problem and/or more consoles have their drive start to fail, that such options are more prevalent than they are now. You'd think need would press the issue. So far that I know of you can play Saturn, DC, PS2 and PS3 w/o using the disc drive at all. And really it's only easily/cheaply done on PS2/3. If I'm forgetting an optical system here, someone please inform me. I do not keep up to date with this stuff.

They make one for 3DO as well.

yxlplig

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
It looks like nobody has an extra Soldier Blade. Not surprising I suppose. I've added an alternative offer for just the manual.

geise

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »
This is truth!

yxlplig

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »
This is truth!

I've added Moto Roader to the list after hearing so many people talk about it. I tried it on emulator and was surprised at how good it is. So everyone fear not, Moto Roader will most certainly be a part of the collection.