Author Topic: Canadian manuals  (Read 450 times)

Odonadon

Canadian manuals
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
Quote from: "td741"

The Radio Shack in the next city over from mine was independant from the rest and stocked all kinds of games that the regular ones didn't. But I think that they got their games from a U.S. supplier and thats the store my friend and I bought Lords from. I still don't have Buster Bros and I can't find my Valis III, but my foggy memory tells me that it did come with a french manual.

Valis II and III both came with french and english instructions - at least for me.  I remember that distinctly.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Tatsujin

Canadian manuals
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
That Bonk 3 one sounds pretty interesting, I wonder if it's one of those little translated manuals they made in France for importing PCE games?

tokorode, how is the BGM of Bonk III since it came on cd-rom, right? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nodtveidt

Canadian manuals
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 05:03:23 PM »
When I ordered a brand new copy of ys I & II from TZD a number of years ago, it came with both English and French manuals. It was quite nifty. :D

Black Tiger

Canadian manuals
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
When I ordered a brand new copy of ys I & II from TZD a number of years ago, it came with both English and French manuals. It was quite nifty. :D

When I was growing up I hated bilingual packaging that ruined all the boxes of my toys(like "Je suis la Spectre de la Montaigne du Serpant" or whatever). Even the bilingual cereal boxes pissed me off. I would've prefered all-french packages.

But I sure was glad when we started getting seperate French game manuals instead of single bilingual ones. I still keep the Fench ones.

Now they just need to fix all the ugly bilingual dvd cases. Having a reversable cover is useless if it's bilingual on both sides.  :roll:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

Canadian manuals
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
Slightly off tangent: Can you Canadian folks tell us about the packaging of TG16 stuff?

I have some HuCard boxes (i.e. Tiger Road) that has a bilingual box and a bilingual manual.

Were all of the boxes (and later DUO CD releases, sans boxes) bilingual? If so, they sure did cram a lot of text under those screenshots.

I can see how that disrupts the layout aesthetically, as Black_Tiger has mentioned concerning DVD's.
  |    |