Author Topic: Game (sub)genres you absolutely SUCK at!!!!  (Read 341 times)

Naniyue

Game (sub)genres you absolutely SUCK at!!!!
« on: February 20, 2024, 01:04:30 AM »
Well puzzle battlers:
  I can play a decent game of Tetris or Columns, but when you add that battle element and chain stuff like in Puyo Puyo, I am absolutely the WORST!  I get the idea, but I just can't think fast enough to outdo my opponent!

Racing:
  I can't steer correctly, I can't brake correctly, etc.  Unless the game lets me bump and crash all over the place, I don't stand a chance!

Real time strategy:
  I am the World's Worst multi tasker!  I just cannot keep track of five different battlegrounds in real time at once!

Platformers:
  I think all of us know about me and this kind of game by now.

What are your worst ones?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game (sub)genres you absolutely SUCK at!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 07:32:56 PM »
I'm right there with you on Puyo Puyo, Panic Bomberman, etc.  I beat Tetris and Dr Mario oodles of times back in my GB days, and I can stack hats in my sleep, but I simply can't perform the combos needed to win in vs. games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game (sub)genres you absolutely SUCK at!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 10:18:45 AM »
I'm right there with you on Puyo Puyo, Panic Bomberman, etc.
I hear you on Panic Bomber...I can't seem to get better and get in a stalemate on the 4th or 5th stage. I must be missing some key mechanic of the game, but I do love the color and visual style of the game!

As for genres I suck at, I must say the Koei historical spreadsheet games do nothing for me and I never get more than 2 minutes in before shutting it down. I also have issues with RPGs because I always forget what I'm supposed to be doing due to having days/weeks between game sessions. I love me some shooters but I feel I'm not as good as other players that get high scores, but I at least enjoy playing them (even tho I suck).

The rhythm games have gone mental with all the movements and buttons...I had to give up after Beatmania Gattamix Mix on PS1 because my hand-eye coordination can't keep up (I'm also not running on cocaine and Red bull). Ongeki is the more recent music game that just tosses so much at you with all the different control aspects that I just completely suck at.

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"