Author Topic: Game of the Month: July 2024 - Magical Chase  (Read 192 times)

geise

Game of the Month: July 2024 - Magical Chase
« on: July 04, 2024, 08:07:39 AM »
MAGICAL CHASE

Yep, Magical Chase. Alright you ballers. Get out your original copies cause it's holy grail time! I'm going to be a peasant and use an Everdrive lol!  The history with this game is legendary. Some say it's overrated. Maybe. I personally don't think so. Even if it wasn't such a rare title and money I'd still put it up there as one of the better shooters on the PCE/Turbo. The graphics are really damn good. I like the music and it plays pretty well. Some of the changes for the US title I like over the JP version but not everything. It's been a while and I don't remember all the changes so I'm going to clear both to check em out. Yeah I could hit up BT's old page going over it, but I'd rather just play it. Hope you all have a good 4th of July and have some game time so a shooter would be good for those that have 30 minutes to chill. Lol. Enjoy!

Naniyue

Re: Game of the Month: July 2024 - Magical Chase
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 12:18:21 AM »
Not a particular favorite, but still good to play now and again.  The graphics are indeed good, and any shooter that gives me a health bar and let's me smack the ground without dying is worth the trip.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2024, 10:01:50 AM »
It's Halloween in July

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 10:36:45 AM »
Great cute shooter! Overly prized by collectors, so easy call play with flashcart or repro. Years ago, I was playing it while a friend was over, that had no real knowledge of obey, and they even remarked on how good it was. They ended up buying a modded out Duo later on :)

As geise wrote, good game to get in a 30 mins here and there throughout the month.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 10:30:50 PM »
Woot, a shewty I can actually beat (sometimes).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2024, 04:28:38 AM »
Awesome! I've tested it on a couple handheld emulators, but now I have a reason to really dig into it!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2024, 10:39:34 AM »
Totally botched playing Chase this month...even with all the tech available be able to play it, I still managed to only get a few games in.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"