Author Topic: Does ASMR work for you?  (Read 237 times)

Naniyue

Does ASMR work for you?
« on: July 13, 2024, 09:22:45 PM »
Way back, back into time.  Neanderthals, Troglodytes . . .
  Twice in my teens, I was beyond exhaustion, just lying on my bed.  Random noises from the kitchen, mildly silenced by my closed door, suddenly relieved a touch of my stress.

Many, MANY years later, I found out about that ASMR stuff.  I don't get massive tingles or fall asleep or anything, but just the right sound at the right time, while just having my head down for ten minutes, does seem to relieve some of the stress and fatigue.

Anyone else had any luck?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Does ASMR work for you?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 09:22:26 PM »
It doesn't do anything for me (for good or ill) but it does make me think of toolbag Aaron.  Fuck him.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2024, 07:36:50 PM »
It doesn't do anything for me (for good or ill) but it does make me think of toolbag Aaron.  Fuck him.

lol why

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 07:42:09 PM »
What happened to pcefx is ultimately due to his negligence, hubris, and apathy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2024, 02:36:30 PM »

lol why

Dr Aaron went from being active in this forum (old forum), to disappearing to youtube/discord to be an ASMR creep. To each their own, but if he had even paid a smidge of attention to the OG forums, we'd still have all the history intact. :)

Gentlegamer

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2024, 02:44:18 PM »

lol why

Dr Aaron went from being active in this forum (old forum), to disappearing to youtube/discord to be an ASMR creep. To each their own, but if he had even paid a smidge of attention to the OG forums, we'd still have all the history intact. :)

Wow!

Ok fuck him

Naniyue

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2024, 04:38:20 PM »
And I thought this was an innocuous topic.   :roll:

Gentlegamer

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2024, 11:35:25 AM »
Welcome to pcenginefx.com

... I mean pcenginefans.com

MrFulci

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2024, 01:45:37 PM »

lol why

WTF? This is a bit of information Nullity missed giving me some years back when i asked him, "What happened to the PCEFX forums?".

I know Aaron wasn't there for a while towards the end, but it did have some decent mods looking after stuff. The 2 forums (This and PC Engine Bible) don't quite have the same pace, combined, that the old PCEFX forums did. Some decent memories of the place! Though, it's good to see 2 forums out there, still available,

Oh, and, "ASMR" is a bit stupid. It's just another type of, "White Noise" in my opinion. I don't mind quiet, but at times during my life I've found it easy to sleep with certain music, fans running, White Noise machines, certain TV programs... I know of someone that for MANY years likes having a TV on to something when he goes to sleep. That's his background White Noise. He tells me, he knows something may be, "Wrong" if the TV goes off, which is normally just due to a power outage.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Naniyue

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2024, 12:41:25 AM »
2600 restoration/ASMR:

Mine still works!  Though I DO use a Genesis controller . . .