Author Topic: Riot Zone 2?  (Read 641 times)

EvilAdol

Riot Zone 2?
« on: June 28, 2002, 04:52:00 AM »
I walked into an arcade a few days ago. and saw a fighting game.  "Can't remember the name"  But it starred the SAME characters as the Duo's own Riot Zone.  The game had different levels and stuff.

Thought it was cool to mention.  I'll go back and write down the name.

A few questions-

1.Does anyone have any contacts to getting ISO's for the Turbo Duo?

2.Whats the actual release date for MindReks Implode?

3.Will it include other games like Humpball on the disk?

4.Whats the most expensive game you ever saw go on ebay?  I saw KOF '01 for NeoGeo go out at $900.00!  Thats INSANE!!

5.If you go by this scale, what are you?

The guy who remembers the Duo- "oh cool that other black 16-bit system." (Own 0 Turbo games, but played it once)

Turbo owner-"Dude, Bonk ruled!"(Got around 10 games)

Turbo Fanatic-"Why didnt EGM give Beyond Shadowgate the gold!" (Got somewhere between 11- 50 games)

Turbo Master-"Wahoo! Dracula X for only $250.00!!"(Got over 50-100 games)

Turbo GOD-"Ah my third SuperGrafx!"(Got 150 games)

Turbo Shiznit-"Hmmm, got a whole line of Turbo Grafx 16 T-shirts, every shirt Aaron Nanto can offer,  owns Bonk RPG, owns actual Rings from the Y's Series, Mastered ShockMan, and is the presedent of MindRek!" (Owns all but two Duo games, only drawback- Can't find all 62 copies of Keith Curage you were using to make a new Alpha Zones CCG!)

HOW DO YOU RANK??

L8r Peeps,
Josh

Pcenginefx

Re: Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 08:51:00 AM »
LOL....dude you crack me up on that last question   To answer your questions...

1)  Please email me directly about this...  pcefx@pcenginefx.com.

2) No official release date is set..however last I heard it was sometime in July.

3) Yes, I believe 2 or 3 other games will be on the CD.

4) Metal Slug 1 AES JPN version.  Currently at TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!! ...It's pathetic that any game could command such a price (not to mention not worth 2K!)

5) Well, I'd say I'm a "Turbo Shiznit" since I got all of my own shirts and over 500+ originals.  I'm not the prez of MindRec, but Pcenginefx.com is the next best thing :P Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

PJ2501

RE:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »
I'm still a "Turbo Fanatic" wanting to go "Turbo Master".  

Just started playing again after 5yrs.  Newly aquired game is Strider ACD, even though I don't have the Arcade card or Kisado  ....  I will someday.  

EvilAdol

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 01:45:00 PM »
Hey thanx,

for anyone interested, I would have to be a Turbo Master.  I got 96 games, paid $250.00 for Dracula X, and I got two PC-Engine Converters.

I forgot to Mention any PC-FX stuff with that, but, Aaron,  I'd have to say your probably the Turbo Shiznit!

L8r, Peeps and Creeps,
Josh

PS: Someone should invent a DUO translator to play some of these Japan-RPG's!  like Gulliver Boy or Lodoss War II.

Dr Nemo

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 09:09:00 AM »
Im a Turbo Master at the moment, but my collection is always expanding.

I just wish that somone would translate the scripts for Japanese Turbo games and post them on the web, that would be great.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Hey thats funny..
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 02:45:02 AM »
I remember this thread, I used to post here under the name- EvilAdol.  Then I forgot my pwd.  Oh well.

Seems kinda funny that four years ago I had 96 games, and now I have 103 I think.  So in 4 years I only collected 7 games.  Geez, I gotta get back into buying for this system.

Spending too much time collecting for my Saturn and PCFX I guess...

yeah.......

TurboSage

akamichi

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 03:00:11 AM »
hahaha!  those are hilarious descriptions!

I'd say based on the number of games, I'm a "Turbo Shiznit".  None of the descriptions apply to me.  Oh well.  But I did get DracX for $55. :)

malducci

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 03:27:01 PM »
I walked into an arcade a few days ago. and saw a fighting game. "Can't remember the name" But it starred the SAME characters as the Duo's own Riot Zone. The game had different levels and stuff.

Thought it was cool to mention. I'll go back and write down the name.

Riot Zone is a remix/remake/alt version of an early sega arcade game - Riot City.

FM-77

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 08:41:11 PM »
The guy who remembers the Duo- "oh cool that other black 16-bit system." (Own 0 Turbo games, but played it once)

I'm kind of like this. But I remember it as a cool white 8-bit system.  :lol:

I have played it many times and I have some games (and a Duo-R).

I don't have the actual Ys rings, but I have lots of other weird Ys stuff, hehehehe.  :lol:

motdelbuort

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 05:23:37 PM »
Man this thread spans several years! I can't believe this site has been around that long, it must be one of the few staying with the times and actually growing.

5. I like this question, reminds me of the Merry Marvel Marching Society. I reduced myself to the level of Turbo Owner for a few years, got rid of Dracula X and some others, and my collection shrank down to the games that were too beat up to sell (Cosmic Fantasy 2, Ys I and II).  But last year I went on a big Turbo kick in the Spring, and this Spring I'm going into another one.

I'm currently a mid level Turbo Fanatic and probably will be for a while. I'd say I'll hit 50 games sometime next year if I keep going.

4. It's not a game, but I saw an SNES go for a crazy price on ebay. The seller was starting bids at $2800 for his boxed SNES! People in another game forum found the auction and started an insane bidding war on it as a joke. The winning bid ended up being over $32,000.

nodtveidt

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 11:04:06 PM »
Quote from: "malducci"
Riot Zone is a remix/remake/alt version of an early sega arcade game - Riot City.

Not sure I'd call it "early"... ;)

On the ranking thingo, I'd be a Turbo Owner...my physical collection of games is quite small. But if you were to count all the ROMs and bin/cues I have, it'd make me at least a Turbo God, as I have hundreds in total, including a few the general public hasn't seen (yet). :D

Aksx

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 12:41:12 AM »
kewl topic guys :) :)
God bless America!

malducci

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 01:21:58 AM »
BOT!....?

nodtveidt

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 01:51:54 AM »
Yep.

Keranu

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 09:01:44 AM »
I consider myself a fairly hard Turbo gamer. I own over 80 games, a Turbo Duo, PC Engine, PC Engine CDROM2, five controllers (only two being the same), and I also make new games with nodtveidt and the gang at Frozen Utopia :D . Plus this might not be fair to say, but I have a full ROM set :( .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).