Author Topic: Let's talk about Hamburger Helper!  (Read 983 times)

esteban

Re: Let's talk about Hamburger Helper!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 04:34:02 AM »
I eat some nasty stuff (i.e. "Airheads" candy), but the "food" products mentioned in this thread makes me cringe! Sorry :(. If it makes you feel better, I'm sure you'd think my regular diet has some gross items in it.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
Haha, I was waiting for steve's reply in this thread, with him being a vegan and all :D . By the way, Airhead candy is awesome.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 10:05:56 AM »
Haha, I was waiting for steve's reply in this thread, with him being a vegan and all :D . By the way, Airhead candy is awesome.

What, you don't love pork rinds?  =P~
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »

What, you don't love pork rinds?  =P~
I'm just waiting for the day when I see a bag of Soy Pork Rinds in the store. I know I'll see it, it's just a matter of time. Until then, I have my Soyrizo, Tofutti cream cheese and tempeh burgers. :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 01:18:37 PM »
Soy beans and it's by products are amazing. I'm not a vegetarian, but I still love the taste of soy burgers and other soy substitutes and I tend to avoid dairy products, though not as much as an obsessed vegan would. I too would love to see soy pork rinds since I don't eat pork.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Dark Fact

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »
Speak of the devil! My mother just bought two packs of Lasagne Hamburger Helper this morning! Rock on! :dance:

Black Tiger, maybe one day Betty Crocker could make Soy Helper! :wink:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

termis

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »
Well, it's not too hard to substitute ground meat for soy-based products...  Hmmmm.... 

Dark Fact

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 05:06:34 PM »
Betty Crocker also ought to make Veggie Helper for non beef eaters.  Just because there is no meat doesn't mean the meal can't be tasty! :wink: And yes, I have tried vegetarian style cuisine before and it is delicious when prepared right! :wink:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

rolins

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 06:21:12 AM »

I know my friends love this stuff, and they got me to try it once before. Sure it tastes good but I can't take no more than two spoonfuls w/o being disgusted.  Really, to me it looks like a pile dog shit.

Yuck  :-&

Dark Fact

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »
I've seen worse looking foods that look like dog shit.  I don't know if you'd still think that if you're really hungry. :P

thewestexit

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 06:21:32 PM »
I've honestly never had hamburger helper, and I doubt I ever will, since I try to eat healthier nowadays and the concept of most meal-in-a-box stuff kinda grosses me out.

That being said, I still help myself to the occasional pack of ramen or box of mac and cheese -_-
////////////////////////////////////////////////
James Wilson
www.thewestexit.com
The Science of Building Wealth
////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dark Fact

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:02 AM »
Ha, Hamburger Helper should be just that, an occasional food item if you have nothing fancy to prepare or something. :wink:

But you're right, Hamburger Helper shouldn't be a substitute for healthy eating like fruits, vegetables and grains.  I know Hamburger Helper has a good source of protein but you can't just have protein. :wink:

esteban

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 06:58:06 PM »
I've honestly never had hamburger helper, and I doubt I ever will, since I try to eat healthier nowadays and the concept of most meal-in-a-box stuff kinda grosses me out.

That being said, I still help myself to the occasional pack of ramen or box of mac and cheese -_-
Oh, I still love to eat the sodium-enriched instant ramen, but I add tofu and fresh veggies to it.

Instant ramen is truly one of the wonders of the modern age. 
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 10:05:58 PM »
I've gotten so sick of ramen these past years since it was all I would ever eat.

nodtveidt

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 10:17:10 PM »
Be careful though...I believe a lot of HH flavors have MSG in them, something you really don't wanna be eating. And another thing...you don't want to be eating too much soy, in fact the less the better. Overuse of soy has some pretty bad effects on the human body, as scientists are now discovering.