Author Topic: Space Harrier  (Read 1724 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Space Harrier
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2007, 01:29:01 AM »
I've beaten the Sega Ages Saturn version.  That's probably my favorite since it is exactly like the arcade (especially with the Saturn Mission Stick which I DON'T have :( ).  Anyway the PS2 version is at the very least interesting since it is a new take on the same old game (with great music).  Worth the $20 it cost brand new and it came with a bunch of other remade Sega games as well.

Black Tiger

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 11:24:50 AM »
I've beaten the Sega Ages Saturn version.  That's probably my favorite since it is exactly like the arcade (especially with the Saturn Mission Stick which I DON'T have :( ).  Anyway the PS2 version is at the very least interesting since it is a new take on the same old game (with great music).  Worth the $20 it cost brand new and it came with a bunch of other remade Sega games as well.

Yeah, I like the PS2 Sega Ages for what it is. It's $10 Canadian brand new around here now and is more than worth it.

My favorite is the 3D Fantasy Zone that looks almost exactly like the 2D arcade.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »
My favorite is the 3D Fantasy Zone that looks almost exactly like the 2D arcade.
This is my favorite as well. I like the new bonus stages they added where it's in a third person perspective and you fly through holes and such. I don't care much for the other Sega Ages I've played though, but they're not bad games.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2007, 02:31:01 PM »
This is my favorite as well. I like the new bonus stages they added where it's in a third person perspective and you fly through holes and such. I don't care much for the other Sega Ages I've played though, but they're not bad games.

If you compare the bonus stages to Space Fantasy Zone's boss fights, their actually very similar.  :D
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2007, 02:33:10 PM »
Indeed!

Space Fantasy Zone is an underrated game.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nodtveidt

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2007, 09:33:07 PM »
Anyway the PS2 version is at the very least interesting since it is a new take on the same old game (with great music).  Worth the $20 it cost brand new and it came with a bunch of other remade Sega games as well.
I have a copy of it here. Anyone wanna buy it? I'll sell it for half the cost of new plus shipping.

esteban

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2007, 08:45:29 AM »
Anyway the PS2 version is at the very least interesting since it is a new take on the same old game (with great music).  Worth the $20 it cost brand new and it came with a bunch of other remade Sega games as well.
I have a copy of it here. Anyone wanna buy it? I'll sell it for half the cost of new plus shipping.
I'll buy it, my good man, assuming the condition of the item is in excellent condition (I'm most concerned about the disc).
  |    |