Author Topic: Insanely Frustrated! *TURBO OST MUSIC*  (Read 259 times)

Enelar

Insanely Frustrated! *TURBO OST MUSIC*
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:40:44 PM »
Well I've looked EVERYWHERE, this is a last resort.

I never owned a Turbo-CD but a friend did. He had Valis 2, Cosmic Fantasy 2, 3 and 4 and Keith Courage. I adored some of the music from these games but I only got him to record the "Megas" stage from Valis 2 for me on cassette (Everyone thought I was odd for liking VGM then)

It's now 15 years later, I want to hear these songs again but no one has them The Valis 2 OST I found is for the computer game, I found a Midi but it's not the same, I found snippets of Cosmic Fantasy songs but does no one really have complete audio from any of these games any longer? I see people talking about the soundtracks kicking ass, where are you getting them? Am I gonna have to dig a 15 year old cassette tape out of storage to get an MP3 of a Turbo track?

Keranu

Re: Insanely Frustrated! *TURBO OST MUSIC*
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:44:05 PM »
Welcome to the boards!

You're in luck. The member Paranoia Dragon has been on a Turbo music ripping spree lately and you can see all the games he has added so far in this thread http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2440.0 . If a game you are looking for isn't on there, I'm sure some people here will be kind enough to rip the music for you or lead you to sites that have them.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Enelar

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:53:27 PM »
OH!!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am right now! I've been pining for this music but without the system or games, I didn't think I'd ever hear any of it again. I loved Turbo-16, just couldn't afford one myself.

Thank you!!!!

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:04:01 PM »
You're very welcome :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 02:09:54 AM »
Well I've looked EVERYWHERE, this is a last resort.

I never owned a Turbo-CD but a friend did. He had Valis 2, Cosmic Fantasy 2, 3 and 4 and Keith Courage. I adored some of the music from these games but I only got him to record the "Megas" stage from Valis 2 for me on cassette (Everyone thought I was odd for liking VGM then)

It's now 15 years later, I want to hear these songs again but no one has them The Valis 2 OST I found is for the computer game, I found a Midi but it's not the same, I found snippets of Cosmic Fantasy songs but does no one really have complete audio from any of these games any longer? I see people talking about the soundtracks kicking ass, where are you getting them? Am I gonna have to dig a 15 year old cassette tape out of storage to get an MP3 of a Turbo track?
IMHO, Valis 2's soundtrack for PCE is one of the BEST ALL TIME video game soundtracks of all time. I wish more games had this style of synth-pop. Indeed, each and every song for Valis 2 is a gem. Most soundtracks enter the realm of muzak at some point, but Valis 2, thankfully, never does. :)
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:26:44 AM »
Keith Courge & the Cosmic Fantasy's?  I'll be doing those, so just hold on :D

Kaminari

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »
If you're looking for the Keith Courage soundtrack, you'll find the HES rip at my website under its Japanese name (Mashin Eiyū Den Wataru). That's one of those boring tracklists I've had on the backburner for months without finding the courage (haha!) to finish until recently.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 09:37:04 AM »
Thought I'd just add that I added both Keith Courage & Bloody Wolf to the upload thread =P~