Author Topic: REGION MOD FOR TG-16/DUO/PC-ENGINE  (Read 1443 times)

GUTS

Re: REGION MOD FOR TG-16/DUO/PC-ENGINE
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 06:58:29 AM »
Haha what an a$$hole.  Hey this msg is COPYRIGHT ME and you can't qoute it without my permission.

Black Tiger

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 08:03:46 AM »
Haha what an a$$hole.  Hey this msg is COPYRIGHT ME and you can't qoute it without my permission.

I dare you to sue me.  :dance:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FM-77

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
Those photos and graphics are subject to my copyright.

prove it.

Dude, it is true. Why the hell would he lie about such a thing? www.nfggames.com/forum

guyjin

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »
Dude, it is true. Why the hell would he lie about such a thing?

1) I don't buy the idea that he discovered 'his' pics here and got an account just to publicly complain. (if it were me, I would contact the board administrators privately.)

2) Even if that were the case, I do not see any copyright notices on the referenced pages or on the pictures themselves. He may have intended to copyright the images, but failed to do so. His problem, not ours.

3) Even if it is our problem, it is our right to discuss the subject and make reference to it. An analogy would be if the movie 'super size me' could not mention McDonalds by name.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:42:33 AM by guyjin »
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

FM-77

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 09:43:15 AM »
I linked to his site in this thread, and he saw that people were referred to his site from here. He checked it out and noticed MH used his pics and took credit for it.

guyjin

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »
Not that everyone will find this useful but considering this info is becoming harder and harder to find Im guessing so I am posting it here. The info came from different sources,I do not remember who anymore.

doesn't look like taking credit for it to me.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »
Same here prove it :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:18:45 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 10:17:35 AM »
I didn't take credit for anything. What a f*cking a$$hole. I gathered info and placed it on a cd-r for later. I didn't make the mod,also i didn't see anywhere for anything to not be re-used without permission. Also seems like Seldane is working against this thread by trying to start shit,cause what he said above really makes me wonder.

As I said
The info came from different sources,I do not remember who anymore.
There is nothing there stating I was taking claim for anything,I also said for anyone to add what they could.  This is entirely why I want to keep the info around,because a$$holes think they own it,try to horde it to themselves and their tiny groups,or just use it for means of profit. f*ck him and f*ck Seldane for making such a obvious blantant lie about me and trying to hurt this thread. You don't like me,fine,but what your trying to do doesn't hurt me,it only attempts to keep handy info away from others who could use it. Keranu should remove Moosmanns account,for joining to flame,and for not being able to spell Moose. Dumbass.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »
I also didn't know you could copyright reverse engineering.

vestcoat

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2007, 10:28:36 AM »
1) I don't buy the idea that he discovered 'his' pics here and got an account just to publicly complain. (if it were me, I would contact the board administrators privately.)

3) Even if it is our problem, it is our right to discuss the subject and make reference to it. An analogy would be if the movie 'super size me' could not mention McDonalds by name.

He didn't create an account just to complain, he also provided further comments and advice.

I don't know much about copyrights, but journalism and satire are different than reprinting someone's work.

Anyway, he seems helpful and is probably a nice guy.  Remember it's very easy to take something the wrong way on forums like this.

On a different subject, what do you guys think it would take to start collecting and house this kind of technical advice in one place?  With all of the Duos breaking down and the skyrocketing prices for Duo, cd-rom2 systems and import converters, more and more of us will be attempting to fix these problems ourselves.  I’d kill for a website with things like the lens replacement walk-through, the TE sound fix, system mod schematics, and a fix-it forum all in one place.
Maybe I’ll do it myself someday if I have time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:31:23 AM by vestcoat »

vestcoat

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 10:42:37 AM »
BTW, I'm all about using a some 'strong language' when the time is right, but there's been a lot of F-bombs and nasty insults going around lately.  It makes me less interested in these forums.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 10:45:58 AM »
Really??? I coulda swore his first post on the forums was this
@ Michael Helgeson
@ thumpin_termis
Those photos and graphics are subject to my copyright. A use without previous arrangement is not allowed.

Which is pretty much saying remove the info because I don't like to share and Im a jerk. he didnt join here and introduce himself properly,Seldane pointed him to this,Seldane seems to have said something along the lines of "Michael is taking credit for said work",which I wasn't, and I consider that to be pretty petty and vile by Seldane. Seldane also didnt mettion Thumpin-termis,which tells me he's directly trying to start shit with me because I think Termis was posting info and pics too. Seldane was the first to link to this german guys mod,this tells me he probably contacted the guy directly to try to start shit.

I also see no problem with any of it. No one was taking credit for anything. I also checked and saw no copyright notices on any pictures. I usually check for this if at all possible. I am also pretty sure his mod and pictures are not copyrighted in the USA,as you can't copy right reverse engineering here in our country. So pretty much,I say screw him and Seldane both. Go to hell. I'm laughing at you both,and Seldane,your a worm. I think you led this guy purposely to believe someone was taking credit for something he did in hopes of starting shit.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »
BTW, I'm all about using a some 'strong language' when the time is right, but there's been a lot of F-bombs and nasty insults going around lately.  It makes me less interested in these forums.

Id say the time was right for me to say f*ck twice. I was accused of something I obviously didn't do by a worm,who is trying to destroy this thread and start shit as a attack against me. I'm sorry if that offends you,and I agree with you,but I don't take lightly to someone blantantly lying about me. I think my reaction to Seldane and MOOSEMAN was justified. I think the majority may agree with me here on this too.

FM-77

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2007, 10:52:08 AM »
I'm not trying to start anything, I'm trying to protect Moosmann from the ridiculous and very childish claims some of you posted against him. He's a great guy and a fantastic resource to the console modding scene (this mod, including many others - as well as being extremely helpful in this area). Of course it isn't allowed to use his diagrams without his permission, he drew them himself.

And yeah, I agree with vestcoat. Some of the language used on this board is highly out-of-place.

Edit: And no, I did NOT contact Moosmann, all I did was link to his website! In case you didn't know, there are referrer logs which will tell you from where people are visiting your website. He obviously found this place through that log. I've never spoken to him personally or anything, I've just visited his website and read his posts on other Internet sites. YOU'RE the one who's trying to start flame wars here!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:54:00 AM by Seldane »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Last I remember worm you said I took credit for something when I clearly did not. You lied then,not much point in believing you now. If the stuff isn't copyrighted its not really protected under law here in the USA is it,and either way it goes,this thread is staying up and nothing will be removed except hopefully Mossman for his way he decided to introduce himself here unless he wants to come back with a nicer and less accusing,selfish,greedy,controlling attitude. Just because hes German that doesn't give him the right to act like the Mod Nazi.

And Seldane,how do YOU know so much about how he found this thread. He didn't explain it,only you did.... More likely then not your explanation is a lie,as there are too many holes in your defense,maybe you need to go crawl back down into one of them worm.

Also,I remember seeing this mod up years ago on Massystems.com and MANY other websites,before I even thought to save any of this. I don't think Mossman works at Massystems for sure. Last I remember the guy at Mas is possibly asian,not german. And I don't think Mossman is the sole original creator of this region mod,wether it uses Ics, a 8 pole switch,a 3 pole,a DPDT,whatever. I think the claims and attempts you are making/made are far exceeding the ability to obtain the goal that your ambition is gunning for,you trying to hurt me or damage me somehow for some unknown reason and possibly have info I posted here removed as a way of doing so for lord knows why. You should be embarrassed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:40:40 AM by Michael Helgeson »