Author Topic: Turbo-list reviews  (Read 1310 times)

fragmare

Re: Turbo-list reviews
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »
Yea,troll like coming from someone who just joined to comment to me and hopefully start shit,lol reminds me of the moose and the worm.

I'm finding it strikingly odd how noobs are appearing as of past couple of days and seeming to dictate how the threads and peoples post here should be done/run,then running off to never be heard from again. I thought this qualifies more as trolling.

Actually, I was directed here by another forum member who alerted me to your troglodytic antics.  Again I find it all quite amusing.  There's a reason PC-Engine developers tend to avoid these forums.  It's because people like you make these forums the gamefaqs.com of the PC-Engine world.  I usually avoid trifling little pissing contests such as you seem to have stirred up here, but i felt it was so hilarious that i could not resist.  Like I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinions.  However, your opinions are certainly in the minority here, and it must be screamingly apparent to you by now.  I'm just trying to somehow make you understand that with each ranting, blithering, grammar error laden post you make, you further cement your position in the minds of the other legitimate forum goers here as a complete fool.  Not name calling, just trying to make you aware of what you're doing to yourself.

I suppose this looks like Zanac, then?  ;)
Yea Zanac mixed with Raiden and whatever else you plan to copy :P

After all last I remember ripple and laser belonged to Gradius and Salamander. Im sure you can verify this as BT Garner probably knows all about both games :wink:

Hey, if I'm successfully emulating the graphical styles of games like Raiden, Gradius, and Salamander, that means I'm doing things right.  ;)

rolins

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »

I haven't been around in while, I'm way too tired to read. I just skim thru the this thread, Mike taking decade old reviews personal and they were biased and off the mark. Blah blah blah... Who cares. Bloody Wolf can only be outdone by Ikari Warriors.

Fragmare, where can I find this game btw? is this on the pce?

-

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »
Actually, I was directed here by another forum member who alerted me to your troglodytic antics.

Who,Seldane the worm or....

It's because people like you make these forums the gamefaqs.com of the PC-Engine world.  I usually avoid trifling little pissing contests such as you seem to have stirred up here, but I felt it was so hilarious that I could not resist.

Actually I was thinking Frozen Utopias stuff is looking better and far more original then Mindrecs. I have yet to see them list Kangaroo clones on their up and coming titles list.

However, your opinions are certainly in the minority here

By keranu
I found a lot of the reviews to be pretty whacked
By runinruder
I think it's hilarious that so many games "need a joystick" according to those guys.
By gutts
Those all remind me of GamePro reviews.  The constant harping about needing a joystick is definitely hilarious, you could tell the reviews were written by a bunch of old pac-man playing codgers.

Also,as far as your clones go last I remember Gutts and  a few other members didn't like them. This was discussed a year ago or more on here. Maybe you shouldnt be so quick to assume you know how all the other members here think or feel. And I thought you said

There's a reason PC-Engine developers tend to avoid these forums.  It's because people like you make these forums the gamefaqs.com of the PC-Engine world.
but then you say I'm the minority. If I was the minority then you'd come around more Id think,so which is it?

Also,I said your game looked like it was copying Raiden,and the laser and ripple from Konami games, I didn't say it was doing it well however. That remains to be seen untill the game is in motion.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 04:52:47 PM by Michael Helgeson »

fragmare

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 06:11:45 PM »

I haven't been around in while, I'm way too tired to read. I just skim thru the this thread, Mike taking decade old reviews personal and they were biased and off the mark. Blah blah blah... Who cares. Bloody Wolf can only be outdone by Ikari Warriors.

Fragmare, where can I find this game btw? is this on the pce?

-

It's Xymati, the PC-Engine vertical shooter currently being developed by MindRec alongside PC-Gunjin.  As our good friend Mikey ever so eloquently pointed out, it clearly draws inspiration from old shooters like Raiden, Star Soldier series, Blazing Lazers, Vapor Trail and even the DonPachi series.

Quote from: fragmare
There's a reason PC-Engine developers tend to avoid these forums.  It's because people like you make these forums the gamefaqs.com of the PC-Engine world.

but then you say I'm the minority. If I was the minority then you'd come around more Id think,so which is it?

Also,I said your game looked like it was copying Raiden,and the laser and ripple from Konami games, I didn't say it was doing it well however. That remains to be seen untill the game is in motion.

I stand by my previous statement.  :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:14:20 PM by fragmare »

vestcoat

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 06:14:59 PM »
Whoa!  Discussion on this board is like, getting totally aggro!  It's, like, harshin' on my mellow.  I was just like, off smokin some FATTY J's  :wink: and when I came back all my bras were like, slingin' mud an acting like The Man and stuff and then I stepped into this cave with worms and trolls but then I realized I was frickin hallucinating and TRIPPIN' BALLS!  How cool is that! :dance:

If I was the minority then you'd come around more Id think,so which is it?

I believe fragmare is an old member of the community with a new handle.

Fragmare--your work is great, keep it up.

rolins

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »
@Fragmare

I look forward to playing both Xymati and PC-Gunjin. They really do look awesome.
Any chance of releasing a demo or gameplay video?

Black Tiger

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
Wow, those Xymati screenshots look a lot better than the few early outerspace ones I before.

I'm now more interested in that than PC-Gunjin.  :D
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

In the future,if we have such advanced technology I sure hope we will still have cars,driveways,and possibly roads to use the cars on still to get to these houses out in the middle of nowhere. Friendly advice you probably wont take,the landscape needs more detail,esp if your goal is to copy the detailed glory that is Raiden.

fragmare

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 01:39:24 AM »
@Fragmare

I look forward to playing both Xymati and PC-Gunjin. They really do look awesome.
Any chance of releasing a demo or gameplay video?

Yes.  Both games will have a one level demo released prior to their actual release.  The demo will be in standard .PCE ROM format.

In the future,if we have such advanced technology I sure hope we will still have cars,driveways,and possibly roads to use the cars on still to get to these houses out in the middle of nowhere. Friendly advice you probably wont take,the landscape needs more detail,esp if your goal is to copy the detailed glory that is Raiden.

There exists a concept in life called W.I.P.  It stands for Work In Progress.  This game is a work in progress.  There will indeed be roads and cars in the final version of this level.  In fact, there will be an entire city preceeding this countryside with numerous roads, cars, buildings, parking lots, sidewalks, billboards, malls, etc.  I'm currently in the process of finishing up background tiles for this level.  BTW, I don't remember seeing driveways in Raiden.  Also, why do you continue to fish for an argument?  Is there something psychologically wrong with you that you feel you have to try to debunk or negatively respond to anyone who has confronted you in any way?  A very sad state of affairs...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 01:41:37 AM by fragmare »

KingDrool

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 03:33:54 AM »
I would agree with Fragmare.  Helgeson, you're by far the most confrontational antagonist on these forums.  Over the past year or more, I've seen you pick fights with people, cop a serious attitude, and resort to personal attacks.  I know that statement is going to inspire an aggressive response from you, but I would suggest calming down, taking a deep breath, and trying to remember that we're just talking about Turbo games here.  Relax.

Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 05:50:18 AM »
If BT doesn't deserve some credit for running MindRec, I don't know who does.  A few odd reviews surely aren't a reason to brand somebody as worthless.  BT currently enjoys the distinction of being the only producer of commercial releases after the death of the Turbo (hopefully to be soon joined by Frozen Utopia); that certainly deserves some accolades.  :clap:

@ Fragmare - Xymati is looking pretty good.  Has Mindrec had any luck finding somebody running an old version of Eclipse for glass mastering?  Maybe they will add the functionality back in just for us Turbo fans (and maybe I'll win the lottery). 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »
Yours isn't the first shooter to have houses out in the middle of no where. I just hate seeing it when its something a little more effort can fix,and if your serious about being close to or surpassing Raiden you def will. Raiden tends to have things going on all over the place,and you can do some destruction to the landscape. I hold that game in very high regards because its very well rounded off verticle shooter.

I tend to stay reserved untill I see final projects finished,as I said before,in motion. As for the Contra clone,it looks worlds better then when I first saw pics of it. The first pics I saw did make it look like Nes,with more colors,now by looking at the new pics its up there looking as good as Midnight Resistance,you know,the arcade game? If you felt that was insulting I'm sorry,last I checked Midnight Resistance looked pretty good.

As for the fighting that goes both ways,the guys first post starts with insults. I am only responding to anything he says.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:33:23 AM by Michael Helgeson »

esteban

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »
I would agree with Fragmare.  Helgeson, you're by far the most confrontational antagonist on these forums.  Over the past year or more, I've seen you pick fights with people, cop a serious attitude, and resort to personal attacks.  I know that statement is going to inspire an aggressive response from you, but I would suggest calming down, taking a deep breath, and trying to remember that we're just talking about Turbo games here.  Relax.

I just read this thread and all I can say is that Mr. Helgeson has a hair-trigger temper. As you folks may recall, a new member to the forums created a thread to say "hi folks" and Mr. Helgeson, in a paranoid fit, accused the newcomer of being his arch-nemesis: none other than D-Lite himself! Insanity.

When Mr. Helgeson himself first joined these board, he insulted the entire board when he attacked opponents with racial / ethnic slurs.

Mike, I'm not trying to fight with you, but seriously, don't take everything so personally and certainly don't attack folks with such venom. I'm sure you're still going to hate a lot of things and a lot of people, but I suggest you find a creative way to do it (I suggest you print out the avatars of the folks you dislike and burn their effigies in a bonfire).

:) Peace, love and harmony.
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »

I just read this thread and all I can say is that Mr. Helgeson has a hair-trigger temper. As you folks may recall, a new member to the forums created a thread to say "hi folks" and Mr. Helgeson, in a paranoid fit, accused the newcomer of being his arch-nemesis: none other than D-Lite himself! Insanity.

When Mr. Helgeson himself first joined these board, he insulted the entire board when he attacked opponents with racial / ethnic slurs.

Mike, I'm not trying to fight with you, but seriously, don't take everything so personally and certainly don't attack folks with such venom. I'm sure you're still going to hate a lot of things and a lot of people, but I suggest you find a creative way to do it (I suggest you print out the avatars of the folks you dislike and burn their effigies in a bonfire).

:) Peace, love and harmony.

Steve,going back over my first 100 post,I found nothing about racial/ethnic slurs. Just because I come from Arkansas doesn't mean I'm a member of the Klan. I don't even think the Klan still exist outside of  a few narrow minded fools in deep country somewhere. I wasn't raised to be like that,nor do I approve of it. I mean,the only thing I can slightly think your confused with is how I commented on people coming from South America and Puerto Rico,share holders,to Wal-Marts convention to buy shit they don't need or can't really use,only buying the stuff because it was "cheap".

This statement,while mean spirited,was based upon fact. Share holders WERE coming from these areas and spending money on items they wouldn't need,and yes,their english was broken badly. This was stated in fact,I did not make this up. This is from 4 years experience in witnessing the shareholders conventions Wal-mart holds in Fayetteville. It was getting so bad that heads up and Wal-Mart were toying with the idea of tossing the spanish speaking employees up to the front of the store to translate questions being asked so the cashiers would know what was being said. When I refer to people from South America and Puerto Rico, I believe last I checked South America and Puerto Rico were not a race. Last I checked people from many different ethnic backgrounds live in these areas,and as in the case of Puerto Rico,I am thinking spanish is the major spoken language but there are people from many different racial backgrounds living there.

This is like saying someone who trashes France for "supposedly" having snooty citizens is a racist.
This happens all the time in tv and movies and people seem fine with it even though its a huge lame stereo type. Its not racist,its just stupid.

I believe all this was in response to Nodtveidt saying Puerto Rico wasn't a poor area or something and that Wal-Mart cared about people or some nonsense... I mean,its a pretty well known fact, Puerto Rico is U.S. territory with Commonwealth status. It is a very poor area.
Puerto Ricans had a per capita Gross Domestic Product (GDP) estimate of $17,700 for 2004, which demonstrates a growth over the $14,412 level measured in the 2002 Current Population Survey by the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund. In that survey, Puerto Ricans have a 48.2% poverty rate. By comparison, the poorest State of the Union, Mississippi, had a median level of $21,587, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey, 2002 to 2004 Annual Social and Economic Supplements. Since 1952, the gap between Puerto Rico's per capita income and U.S. national levels has essentially remained unchanged — one third the U.S. national average and roughly half that of the poorest state. Nevertheless Puerto Rico remains the most developed nation in Latin America based on data of the CIA Worldfact book.

On May 1, 2006, the Puerto Rican government faced significant shortages in cash flows, which forced the closure of the local Department of Education and 42 other government agencies. All 1,536 public schools closed, and 95,762 people were furloughed in the first-ever partial shutdown of the government in the island's history. On May 10, 2006, the budget crisis was resolved with a new tax reform agreement, with plans to apply a temporary 1% tax input so that all government employees could return to work. On November 15, 2006 a 5.5% sales tax was implemented. Municipalities have the option of applying a municipal sales tax of 1.5% bringing the total sales tax to 7%.

This is why I came to Nodtveidts defense when Gutts didnt believe that PS3s could still be sitting on the store shelves there. People there are going to be more worried about food,rent,utilities then PS3.
My understanding was that tourism was the main economy in Puerto Rico,and while this might be a overstatement,I am going to assume if you take this away this island would be crushed economically . Not unless they have cocaine fields hidden about everywhere like in Colombia and crack cocaine gets legalized somehow....

What I stated,was fact,and has a solid foundation. Stating facts doesn't mean I made racist comments. Stating Puerto Rico is like  a third world country ,while being over exaggerated, isn't even considered racial / ethnic slurs because it IS a poor area.

I mean,I've seen Gutts use the term spic once or twice,but for the most part I think the threads are void of any real racism,esp from me. Yes I can be very blunt,crass,some times a$$hole'ish,but never racist.

Also, the a paranoid fit your referring to,was sarcasm and intended as a jibe to the missing in action member. Possibly a new concept to you,but it was pretty obvious from the Robocop references in the post and what not. At the time I made that post Keranu and I were talking about what possibly happened to cause Dean to fall of the face of the earth. I think some threads were found of Dean whining about his woes or something. Between that,I had heard he was doing other things with peoples money and wasn't sending them their items. Anyway I'm not going into all the details of it,its all pretty pointless.

Plus more often then not,yea I do say whats on my mind,and I do not hold back,and I can be crushingly mean,rude,nit picky ect ect. But you know what,I'm a individual,and if nothing else when at all possible I'd rather challenge the masses then conform, because just because the mass majority can all agree on something doesn't make them all right every time.

Plus I'm not the only a$$hole here,I believe Ive been outranked by Gutts on the a$$hole meter countless times I've been informed by others. But hey,I think more often then not,hes just saying what he thinks,and he has a right to do so,just like anyone else,a$$hole or not. I like that because it easily shows he was of the "Sega Generation" as was I.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 03:32:06 PM by Michael Helgeson »

GUTS

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »
Yeah I definitely outrank you on the a$$hole list, but I'm more focused, I tend to only rile packs of snerds and the occasional normal less-retarded retard.  You have a broader shotgun approach and are liable to get nuts about any subject.