Author Topic: Turbo-list reviews  (Read 1296 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: Turbo-list reviews
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »
Remember I use broken bottles too.

esteban

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2007, 01:34:02 AM »
Mike, I probably should not have dredged up the past, since it might lead to more disputes, but you did in fact make  personal attacks against several members, and a handful of your comments used race/ethnicity in a derogatory manner.

In spite of this, I was one of the few folks who encouraged you to stay because I thought you did have some interesting things to say about the games we play.

On that note, I enjoyed your recent posts with all of the screenshot comparisons. I'm honestly not trying to start a fight or defame you. All I'm saying is give peace a chance.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:36:16 AM by stevek666 »
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2007, 05:49:25 AM »
Hey,I don't think your trying to start anything Steve,I just think you may be wrong. I went back and checked past post,the vast majority of them,I mean,I couldn't find anything about what you say I did. I didn't find anything about anyone encouraging me to stay either,then again I never said I was leaving these forums so Im not sure where that came from exactly.

Like I said,the only thing I could find maybe related to what your talking about is the Puerto Rico thing,which a few  people got pissed at what I said about that and accused that of being racist,but like I said,dissing a island or being mean or pissed about someone buying stupid shit or speaking english poorly isn't being a racist. That and it was terribly naive of the people who got offended to assume I was speaking of people of just hispanic or latin origin.

People like this I feel are more racist then anything (not purposefully),because when they hear the words "South America" and "Puerto Rico" all they picture is people of hispanic or native american origin. They forget that people of many different races,white,black,and asian included all migrated to these areas,esp way back in the 1800-1900s. Kinda like with the migration of white people from France and England to EndoChina back when Endochina was a union. Not everyone in EndoChina is or was asian. People tend to picture someone who is puertorican as being hispanic,which is silly,because it doesn't matter what "race" you are,if your native birth land is Puerto Rico,your puertorican,just as you could be black or of asian decent and be born in Germany,thus being german/german citizen.

I like how Maddox addressed a issue like this here:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=your_stupid_ideas

read near the top of the page.

I also know people may have made the stupid assumption that because I'm from Arkansas I'm a under educated racist hick drop out who relishes in the lynchings of yee ole olden days. People tend to think this because white people in the south,esp from Arkansas, are not  portrayed well in a positive manner at all. This is understandable,and yes,racism still occurs here WAY WAY FAR outside the major cities,but it also occurs in the north,east,and west equally well if not worse in rich majority white neighborhoods.

Infact,we are more known for our vicious gangs made up of white,black,hispanic,and asians then our crappy redneck racist who lives out in the middle of nowhere. Some of our gangs tend to make gangs in California and NY look like boy scouts. I guess alot of you may have been too young for Gang War: Bangin' in Little Rock.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272104/
http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/gangwars.php

When Gutts said I was a dirty fighter jokingly on that other thread,little did he know I grew up in Little Rock/North Little Rock in this time period. Most of my friends were Bloods or Crips or Folk,and I've been in plenty of street fights.
I never bothered to join a gang,and about everyone I knew didn't care to try to get me to join because I spent most of my time skateboarding or whatever else. People tended to think these gangs were always trying to recruit people by pressure or force or something,but I never saw that occur,nor did any of my friends who were Bloods get pissed for me having Crip friends and vice versa.

As I said,Arkansas isn't really a racist filled state,its more or less a crime ridden state known for gangs and drug traficking. People who assume it is are stupid or naive,or have never had to pass trough Rose City,Little Rock,or North Little Rock. People who assume I'm a racist because I'm from Arkansas,the same rules apply to you too.

Steve if you can pinpoint the racial slurs I was supposed to have made then I will more then happily remove them and state as to why the past post was modified so far down the road,but as I said,I didn't find anything of the such.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 05:59:01 AM by Michael Helgeson »

GUTS

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2007, 07:40:58 AM »
Wow I was just reading that Loose Change shit on maddox's site, good God anyone who believes that stuff is a complete and utter f*ckTARDED retard.  I can't believe there are actually people so f*cking stupid out there that they believe 9/11 was a conspiracy, holy hell.  They should round all those conspiracy theory people up and gas them like they deserver, f*ck I hate them so much.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2007, 09:10:43 AM »
Yea I thought that little Loose Change project was laughable but you just can't take it very serious at all.
No real solid evidence offered,just speculation.

esteban

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2007, 02:17:34 PM »
Hey,I don't think your trying to start anything Steve,I just think you may be wrong. I went back and checked past post,the vast majority of them,I mean,I couldn't find anything about what you say I did. I didn't find anything about anyone encouraging me to stay either,then again I never said I was leaving these forums so Im not sure where that came from exactly.
I'll take you at your word, Mike. The event I recall involved nodtveidt when you first joined the forum here. It was pretty intense.

But as I said, I'll take you at your word. P.S. I didn't know you were from Arkansas, but I'd never hold that against you.
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 06:25:52 PM »
Ok yea that would be the Puerto Rico thing then,since thats where he is from,and I was talking about how we had share holders from there and South America buying the dumbest shit when I worked at Wal-Mart. He took offense and some other people felt I was being racist because I was making comments about the island being really poor. In that I wasn't referring to anyones color/race/religion, in other words slamming anyone for their racial background in that argument.
To explain this  a little further on the Wal-Mart thing, every year Wal-Mart holds its main annual share holders meetings in Fayetteville,Arkansas. People from all over the world,Japan,China,France,Germany,S. America,where ever come to these meetings,then they travel to smaller ones and check out other locations around the world.Imagine your taking a vacation,and its boring because its paid by Wal-Mart.

They tend to buy the cheapest crappiest stuff more often then not,I'm guessing because it was cheaper here then where they were from half the time or because they just had to spend lots of money on junk from Wal-Mart because they were in the Wal-Mart spirit. This occured when I worked there as a cashier at least,and held true for about everyone except for the asian share holders. They tended to only buy the basics needed for travel,razor,shaving cream,soap.