Author Topic: Difference in Turbo Booster ann Turbo Booster Plus  (Read 298 times)

agranger5

Difference in Turbo Booster ann Turbo Booster Plus
« on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:39 AM »
Does anybody know the difference in the Turbo Booster and The Turbo Booster Plus for The T-16?  I know they both have AV output, but do they both have the ability to do game saves on compatable game cards?

GUTS

Re: Difference in Turbo Booster ann Turbo Booster Plus
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:36:11 AM »
Only the plus can save games, the other is just AV.

vestcoat

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 07:38:35 AM »
Does anybody know the difference in the Turbo Booster and The Turbo Booster Plus for The T-16?

About thirty dollars.

:wink:

agranger5

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:10:39 AM »
Thanks for the help. A lot of people on ebay advertise the Turbo Booster as being able to do game saves, but I didn't think they knew what they were talking about. Thanks for letting me know that the Plus is the right one to go with.

termis

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:19:43 AM »
In case if you ever plan to upgrade to the CD-ROM unit, the CD-ROM unit also has all the functions that is included in the Turbo Booster Plus, which is save RAM + a/v outputs.

(I'm pretty sure you can use the CD-ROM unit's save RAM for TurboChip games that can use it, but it's been a good 8-9 years since I had the TG-16 CD player, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.)

GUTS

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:47:21 AM »
^^ You're correct, going with the CD is much better since you can save Turbochips AND play CD games, the Turbo Boosters are kind of a waste of money in my opinion.

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 08:53:32 AM »
^^ You're correct, going with the CD is much better since you can save Turbochips AND play CD games, the Turbo Boosters are kind of a waste of money in my opinion.
I'd say they're worth getting if you had a PCE with CD of any kind plus a TG16 to play American Turbo Chips. But other than that, yeah I don't think they're worth it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »

They are now functionality-wise, but back in the day I desperately wanted one while waiting till I could afford the $500+ Turbo CD.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum