Author Topic: My worthwhile thoughts on a few PCE games  (Read 3104 times)

Turbo D

Re: My worthwhile thoughts on a few PCE games
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2007, 03:51:56 AM »
the sound in that game makes me laugh, it sounds like it was done by camerika or codemasters or whatever its called.

ccovell

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2007, 04:58:10 AM »
What you're hearing is the familiar arpeggio sound common in European chip music.  Impossamole's music was arranged by Barry Leitch, who was well-known in the C-64 world.  I don't think this game's music is that great, but a TON of the Euro stuff is fantastic on the C-64.

Turbo D

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2007, 05:02:44 AM »
wow, cool. Now that I think about it, I only hear sound like that in europeon games, haha.

Keranu

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2007, 01:11:20 PM »
Youkai Douchuuki is a game that has really stuck to me ever since the first time I played it. I don't even play it much, but the atmosphere of the game is extremely enjoyable to me and I absolutely love the song in the first level. Also the spiritual boss fights are way cool!

Impossamole sucks, JJ & Jeff doesn't! :)
Completely agreed.

Quote from: Steve
I know I'm repeating myself, but every time I see this, I cannot help but remind you that the title song is FRIGGIN' AWESOME.  It is the highlight of the game.
Completely agreed to the max!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
Although I've never played it seriously, I've always liked Youkai Dochuki.

It seems pretty faithful to the arcade version too.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2007, 04:32:07 AM »

What would agreeing to the minimum be like?

Turbo D

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2007, 04:41:18 AM »
Maybe it would only be 80% agreed  :wink:

esteban

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2007, 04:41:48 AM »

Q: What would agreeing to the minimum be like?
A: You know, guys, even though I'm usually not a fan of music that sounds like the tunes in Impossamole, I have to admit that the title song is decent. Oh yeah, I'd also like to add that JJ & Jeff is a decent game.

:)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »

A: You know, guys, even though I'm usually not a fan of music that sounds like the tunes in Impossamole, I have to admit that the title song is decent. Oh yeah, I'd also like to add that JJ & Jeff is a decent game.

Correct! However it should end like "Oh yeah, I'd also like to add that JJ & Jeff is the friggin' best game ever created." ;)
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2007, 10:29:37 AM »
hahahahhahaha. Poor nat! Little did he know that the proponents of JJ & Jeff would join forces against him :).
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 12:29:06 PM »

Correct! However it should end like "Oh yeah, I'd also like to add that JJ & Jeff is the friggin' best game ever created." ;)

Come on Keranu, at least be reasonable and say something like "the friggin' best platformer ever created." :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
Ok you're right, I guess it's not better than Insector X.

nat

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
hahahahhahaha. Poor nat! Little did he know that the proponents of JJ & Jeff would join forces against him :).

I feel so.... alone.  :cry:

Keranu

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2007, 05:25:56 PM »
nat, embrace the wonderful world of J.J. and Jeff with us and you will never be lonely again.

esteban

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »
nat, embrace the wonderful world of J.J. and Jeff with us and you will never be lonely again.
Keranu, I have a plan. It is a compromise, and I think nat might be interested. Basically, Keranu and I will try to open our hearts to a game that we're not particularly fond of (or, alternatively, to a game that we think is over-rated).

nat, I'm sure there is some turbo game that you dig that I (we) think is rubbish OR is over-rated. Name it and I (we) will find some aspect of it that I (we) can "appreciate" on some level.

Ahhh, I don't know if this plan of mine is any good. It's a pretty lame plan, since Keranu and I already love games that others consider rubbish. Damn it!

|    |