Author Topic: My worthwhile thoughts on a few PCE games  (Read 3101 times)

Keranu

Re: My worthwhile thoughts on a few PCE games
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2007, 06:56:46 PM »
I like the plan and I think Impossamole would work well if we exclude the awesome title screen.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »
nat, embrace the wonderful world of J.J. and Jeff with us and you will never be lonely again.
Keranu, I have a plan. It is a compromise, and I think nat might be interested. Basically, Keranu and I will try to open our hearts to a game that we're not particularly fond of (or, alternatively, to a game that we think is over-rated).

nat, I'm sure there is some turbo game that you dig that I (we) think is rubbish OR is over-rated. Name it and I (we) will find some aspect of it that I (we) can "appreciate" on some level.

Ahhh, I don't know if this plan of mine is any good. It's a pretty lame plan, since Keranu and I already love games that others consider rubbish. Damn it!

What, & I don't consider some rubbish games great?

esteban

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2007, 01:16:45 AM »
nat, embrace the wonderful world of J.J. and Jeff with us and you will never be lonely again.
Keranu, I have a plan. It is a compromise, and I think nat might be interested. Basically, Keranu and I will try to open our hearts to a game that we're not particularly fond of (or, alternatively, to a game that we think is over-rated).

nat, I'm sure there is some turbo game that you dig that I (we) think is rubbish OR is over-rated. Name it and I (we) will find some aspect of it that I (we) can "appreciate" on some level.

Ahhh, I don't know if this plan of mine is any good. It's a pretty lame plan, since Keranu and I already love games that others consider rubbish. Damn it!

What, & I don't consider some rubbish games great?
You are always very polite! Well, so is Keranu, usually. But we've been pretty heavy-handed with nat recently.

But, that said, you are more than welcome to join us, because I'd love to see what game you'd choose! :)
  |    | 

nat

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2007, 03:48:36 AM »
Let's make it a little more interesting.

Go watch Back to the Future part II and then tell me it's not the best movie in the series. Er, I mean, I want you to tell me it is the best entry in the series. And mean it.

If that can happen, then I suppose anything's possible and I'll give JJ & Jeff another shot.

esteban

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2007, 04:44:19 AM »
Let's make it a little more interesting.

Go watch Back to the Future part II and then tell me it's not the best movie in the series. Er, I mean, I want you to tell me it is the best entry in the series. And mean it.

If that can happen, then I suppose anything's possible and I'll give JJ & Jeff another shot.
I wasn't lying: I am going to rent BttF II this weekend. I'll probably rent the original as well, since I might have to watch it to rinse out the bad taste the sequel might leave in my mouth.

But, wouldn't my time be better spent watching Teen Wolf, Secret of my Success, Class of 1984, or *shudder* even The Frighteners (ouch!) ?
  |    | 

nat

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2007, 05:11:59 AM »
Don't go in expecting to hate it. You'll spend the whole movie finding things to complain about.

Go in pretending you've never seen it before.

esteban

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2007, 06:19:31 AM »
Don't go in expecting to hate it. You'll spend the whole movie finding things to complain about.

Go in pretending you've never seen it before.
Will do! And I've decided I'll also rent "The Secret of my Success". :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:44 AM »
Secret of My Success is awesome, I need to watch that one again too!

Hey Steve another Michael J. Fox movie you should check out is Bright Lights, Big City! I saw the cover for that movie at a video store years ago and after reading it I was convinced it would be the best movie ever since it starred three awesome actos (Fox, Kiefer Sutherland, Phoebe Cates), was about 1980's drug addiction in the big city, and had music by Duran Duran! Unfortunately when I rented it, the tape didn't work but I finally got the movie on laserdisc months ago! Man that movie was a HUGE dissapointment, but I still enjoyed it even though it was much different than how I pictured it and is pretty damn cheesy and hilarious. It's one really weird movie, I'll tell you that.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2007, 03:37:59 PM »
Secret of My Success is awesome, I need to watch that one again too!

Hey Steve another Michael J. Fox movie you should check out is Bright Lights, Big City! I saw the cover for that movie at a video store years ago and after reading it I was convinced it would be the best movie ever since it starred three awesome actos (Fox, Kiefer Sutherland, Phoebe Cates), was about 1980's drug addiction in the big city, and had music by Duran Duran! Unfortunately when I rented it, the tape didn't work but I finally got the movie on laserdisc months ago! Man that movie was a HUGE dissapointment, but I still enjoyed it even though it was much different than how I pictured it and is pretty damn cheesy and hilarious. It's one really weird movie, I'll tell you that.
Awesome, I'm totally going to find that movie and rent it. I've never seen it. :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2007, 05:57:54 PM »
Me and my family were laughing pretty hard at that movie, so get ready for some funny strange moments :) !

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:02 AM »
Well, I have been trudging thru JJ & Jeff gradually, but it's difficult to get into.  Hmm, I sincerely hate Drop Off, Double Dungeons, & Deep Blue(which I beat using save states).  I'd have to think about it.

As for BTHF2, I love that movie personally, but, the 3rd is my favorite, hands down, it just rocks for me!

esteban

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2007, 01:34:19 AM »
As for BTHF2, I love that movie personally, but, the 3rd is my favorite, hands down, it just rocks for me!
Now that's just crazy talk!
  |    | 

nat

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2007, 04:21:20 AM »
Deep Blue(which I beat using save states)

You're not a real man until you beat Deep Blue on the real hardware.

I'm serious, I think my balls dropped another two inches that day.

Keranu

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
Now that's just crazy talk!
Agreed! Though I think it's pretty subjective depending if you're into wild west culture or not. Personally I didn't like that theme, so I just couldn't get into the majority of the movie. If I was into wild west stuff, then maybe I would've liked it more, but I'm not really sure. I did enjoy the very beginning and end of the movie though :) (just like Return of the Jedi!).

nat

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2007, 09:17:29 AM »
Like I said before, a series is officially dead once you get a sequel set in either outer space or the "old west."