Author Topic: PC Engine AV mod  (Read 11532 times)

FM-77

Re: PC Engine AV mod
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2007, 04:19:46 AM »
Cake of course. Pie sucks 90% of the time. It's cream buns > everything anyway.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2007, 06:52:58 AM »
cake > pie
Dude no way, cake sucks 90% of the time. Pie > Cake easily. I think the best answer is Donut > Everything.

I will conceed that Jam Doughnut > Cake but that's it.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Digi.k

« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »

Krispy kreme = FTW!!

And yea back to topic .. I seriously would love to mod my pc engine..

sunteam_paul

« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2007, 09:47:38 AM »

Krispy kreme = FTW!!

And yea back to topic .. I seriously would love to mod my pc engine..

There's a topic?
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Keranu

« Reply #304 on: March 04, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »
You've got to get your mom, girlfiend, grandma, whoever, to brush up on their baking skills.  [-X
Sorry, I only trust Tim Horton's mad skillz.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
You've got to get your mom, girlfiend, grandma, whoever, to brush up on their baking skills.  [-X
Sorry, I only trust Tim Horton's mad skillz.

Jesus, are you saying they've invaded the U.S. now?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2007, 03:28:54 PM »
No, at least I don't think so. But Tim Horton is a man I would put my trust into.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

termis

« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2007, 04:06:20 PM »
I stopped by a Tim Horton in New England while on a North-America road-trip.  Can't remember exactly what state it was though...

Kpj

« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2007, 06:41:31 AM »
BTW Joe my son said he read your KPJ AES died a ugly death. Sucks to be you man,sucks to be you. Contact OSG or Razoola,maybe they can help without you paying tons to Kenny again. I fixed two consolized MVS systems like a year and  a half ago that both I think came from Kenny possibly. The problem was the AD chip on the encoders were not soldered down well and had to be redone. The consolization looked like Kennys stuff,coulda been Arcade Kingdom too,and the encoders were Neobitz junk. The problem was either Kurtz didn't solder the chips down good,or they were the do it yourself kits and the person doing the consolization did a shoddy job putting them together.

If they had the NeoBitz encoder, they were not my systems.  I only use JROK encoders.

I wasn't aware that I charged a ton for repairs :)  Have we done business together in the past?

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »
You must have missed my post stating:

Thats really good of him then if he wont charge to fix it.I don't know him personally,from what I do know he sounds better then Dean and Kurtz when it comes to quality work,but I have also heard that at pricing he is the most evil bastard out there which is why I recommended contacting the other 2 first..

Like I said,also,the 2 consolized 1-slots I fixed,they coulda been KPJ stuff,or even ArcadeKingdom. At that time period I only knew of KPJ consolizing 1-slots and actually selling them.

If KPJ fixes the prob for you,you should give him some extra kudos for it on the Neo forums,because I'm sure he could use it there. Most of the bad stuff said about him I ever read originated there. It could be the bios went bad. Wouldn't be the first time its happened. wire coulda came loose too. Who knows.

BTW you lost on the 1-slot auction I was selling,however I would not have sold it to you anyway.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260093106602&rd=1&rd=1
I am well aware of your practices on ebay along with Arcadekingdom for buying up MVS pcbs on the cheap and consolizing them and trying to sucker people into buying them making $200-300 profit along with the AES modded system price gouging as evident here:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=neotropolis&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/REI-Neo-Geo-AES-System-HDTV-Video-UniBios-2-3-w-Box_W0QQitemZ270096504561QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
compared to your buying prices here:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=neotropolis&completed=1&all=1&rows=100&sort=3
(sign in on ebay before you can view the above link,its required to view auctions by bidder)
I can only imagine what your prices are outside of ebay....

I had thought I added you to my ebay blocked member list but guess I did not till after I saw you bid on one of my auctions.You are added now as of last night. I can not personally judge you by your pricing on repairs,only go by what I have read or been told,which I tend to ignore alot of it if its on the Neo forums with no valid proof presented,however I can easily judge you by your prices on ebay which go right along with everything bad said about you in that respect. I think saying your the "Director of Noobsploitation" in the NeoGeo consolization/mod/resale market would not be a stretch of the truth here.

The only positive thing I can say is your quality is very nice looking and clean,but not heads above what anyone else out there can do,including that of Dean and Kurtz even though I despise them both personally. As for the two 1-slots repaired,I said I did not know their original origin,so I guess they could have come from you along with coming from others.

The work on the jacks and Db 15,ect ect looked like your stuff but could have been ArcadeKingdom just as easily,or even Deans,however Dean made it out like he had nothing to do with them when I had originally mentioned them in another post long ago.. If you use Jroks then thats cool,as he builds great encoders. I had at one point in time intended on using him more but found another seller who uses Sony CX 1645 chips also and the price was lower at the same build quality. None the less Jrok is a very nice guy and is very helpful.

That and my limited understanding of things was that Kurtz hates you as much as I hate Kurtz,so I had read at least, so I could see why you would choose the superior Jrok over the Neobitz.

I also would like to know what the deal is with you guys. You,Kurtz,Dean,NGF. I notice you guys show up like weeks,months latter to post a comment on a thread in  a forum community where you had been mentioned in some manner or another,like you stumbled upon it while googling yourself. If thats what you guys do,google your own names now and then worrying about what is said about you then I really do pity you. I mean,you go to all this effort to sign up to make one to maybe 10 post,then run off back to the Neo forums or where ever. Kinda silly and vain/egoish.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:43:25 PM by Michael Helgeson »

ccovell

« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
KPJ, welcome to the forums.

Imagine the PCE forums as a neutral country, like Switzerland.  It follows thus:

If you drag your wars from elsewhere over our borders to disturb us, we will not like you.  Michael, same goes for you.  Does anybody besides those involved in this flame war here care?  If people do, then I will be quiet and just avoid this thread and others.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »
KPJ, welcome to the forums.

Imagine the PCE forums as a neutral country, like Switzerland.  It follows thus:

If you drag your wars from elsewhere over our borders to disturb us, we will not like you.  Michael, same goes for you.  Does anybody besides those involved in this flame war here care?  If people do, then I will be quiet and just avoid this thread and others.

Considering you only joined this Jan and have posted barely over 50 times here its kinda silly to dictate how it goes here. The proper way would have probably been for Kenny to have posted introducing himself FIRST probably more then joining up just to quote a old post of mine and talking to me directly. In doing so he rightfully gets a reply back from me,as he wondered if we had dealings before and I responded by saying he bid on a 1-slot I sold,but I refuse to sell to him because he is a profiteer. I also do not think its a flame war. He posted,I responded with a very civil even if somewhat coldly exposing response and made a good point of wondering why people join only to make a few post in the manner he did and then just run off back to where ever,in his case being the Neo-Geo forums...

I understand what you are trying to say and I respect that,you don't want to see a all out name calling profanity filled thread destroying war here,esp on a otherwise great thread like this. I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if it did happen,you ALWAYS have the option to ignore the post and move on to another thread. Part of the joy,and sometimes dreadfulness of the threads here is they tend to start on one subject and break down to something completely different,and then go back again ccovell. You have not been here long enough to realize that I guess,so you will either end up embracing that completely or hating it all together and end up not posting as much.

Also,I am assuming you know nothing of KPJ/Kenny,and am sure the same goes for alot of other members here,so the info I provided would be more or less helpful incase Kenny did start to be  a regular here for the sole purpose of profit as he was completely exposed in doing on the Neo forums. When people like that join up I would encourage as much as possible for as much info be posted about them as possible to keep things in check. This gives otherwise unknowning members who may possibly make a purchase and possibly being ripped off have the ability to be more informed about said person in advance.

If Kenny is here to actually post as a normal member of some type,and embrace this community as something other then a chance to make cash off of then great and it would be awesome if he stuck around,but I am doubtful this will happen,let alone his sticking around for anything at all.

ccovell

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
Considering you only joined this Jan and have posted barely over 50 times here its kinda silly to dictate how it goes here.
I anticipated this response, and that's why I asked others who have been here longer to voice their opinions.  I'll stay (relatively) quiet and see what others have to say.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2007, 05:21:11 PM »
Yea,understandable. Opinion tends to be varied,and usually tends to be subject to whats going on in each individual situation,and even then its come down to half and half member opinion wise on some things. If you go back to page 20 of this thread I think that was pretty evident example of how it can be around here. Good topic,breaks down into a argument sometimes,then breaks down into humor,then gets back on topic,ect ect. Its actually fairly normal here for that to happen often. That happens alot when you have  a variety of members with such different personalities.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:26:31 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2007, 06:25:34 PM »
Does anybody besides those involved in this flame war here care?

I care.  I always care!