Author Topic: PC Engine AV mod  (Read 11515 times)

GUTS

Re: PC Engine AV mod
« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »
It makes for some interesting reading.

TR0N

« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »
Ahh modders and there egos  :lol:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
Quote from: Michael Helgeson

...then breaks down into humor...

"breaks down" into humor?  No sir.  Humor kicks ass.  If it breaks down, then it is just stupid and not funny (like that whole pie thing).  Take me for example.  I am always funny, except when I'm not.  So instead of saying it breaks down into humor, you should say that it evolves into humor, the members become pleased, the world rejoices and then the topic resumes.  I would demand an apology from you, but I'm a bit lazy tonight.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2007, 07:39:39 PM »
 I love sarcastic and dark humor. The light stuff I'm not so keen on. Typically the best humor is found at someone else's expense.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »
Tron,your a member on the Neo forums,what is your thoughts on Kenny anyway? Have you purchased from him before,is the constant complaining about him still going on over there? Also,Joe,how much did Kenny charge you for your AES and what all mods did he do?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2007, 09:21:20 PM »
I had to look this up because I didn't memorize everything since it was so long ago, but I had him add the Universe BIOS chip + socket and do an RGB bypass or "pure RGB" as some people call it since SNK is so god damned incompetent and can't even design their systems to have good video.  The total was $70 plus return shipping.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:23:14 PM by Joe Redifer »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »
Did you ever find out what went wrong with the system?

TR0N

« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2007, 10:20:37 PM »
Tron,your a member on the Neo forums,what is your thoughts on Kenny anyway? Have you purchased from him before,is the constant complaining about him still going on over there? Also,Joe,how much did Kenny charge you for your AES and what all mods did he do?
Yeah am a member over at neo-geo.com.

Still i've never bought from him i still think he prices gouges too much.

Btw he still is mock over there for his practices on priceing not much on his service.

Just a while ago i was talking to some friends over in "the ng.com chat room" and the subject of kenny came up.

One member that i talk too that does mods pointed out a sale thread, by him and laugh at what kpj charges for.

Now.. i all most did deal with him back in 05 when i was looking for a cmvs.

Still afther looking at his price for one i didn't want spent 'that much on a cmvs in the frist place.

So in the end i got mine from a different member insted.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2007, 05:16:45 AM »
Prob sounds stupid Joe,but I was always assuming you did all of your own system mods. The $70 he charged is a bit high but still within reasonable bounds. I have heard of worse,but a fair price would have been more around 50 bucks really. Anyway,whatever was wrong with it and has it been fixed yet? I am always interested in reading about AES horror stories as I only deal with the MVS stuff now.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2007, 07:06:39 AM »
Considering you only joined this Jan and have posted barely over 50 times here its kinda silly to dictate how it goes here.
I anticipated this response, and that's why I asked others who have been here longer to voice their opinions.  I'll stay (relatively) quiet and see what others have to say.

Yeah Mr. Covell - what the hell do you know?  M.H. has been here bitching at new members, whining about high prices, and telling people to go away for two whole years longer than you - almost since the beginning of time itself.  If only you had come here sooner - and not wasted your time programming for the PC Engine - then you could be a post whore too.  It's too bad that this forum accepts new members after 1/23/05 (aka the second coming of Christ), as everyone who joined afterwards is full of worthless opinions and can make no useful addition to this otherwise fine forum.  There obviously isn't any flaming in a post accusing someone of being the 'Director of Noobsploitation'.  You were seriously mistaken.  Anybody who charges anything more than $1 for their time to perform a console modification is clearly a thieving bag of douche.  Don't forget - all true oenophiles know that no bottle of wine is worth a tin shit unless it costs at least $200.  Anything less is for hobos.

P.S. - Above post positively reeks of sarcasm.  To save your click, my join date is 1/1/06.   :D
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

FM-77

« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »
Awesome post. :)

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »
Considering you only joined this Jan and have posted barely over 50 times here its kinda silly to dictate how it goes here.
I anticipated this response, and that's why I asked others who have been here longer to voice their opinions.  I'll stay (relatively) quiet and see what others have to say.

Yeah Mr. Covell - what the hell do you know?  M.H. has been here bitching at new members, whining about high prices, and telling people to go away for two whole years longer than you - almost since the beginning of time itself.  If only you had come here sooner - and not wasted your time programming for the PC Engine - then you could be a post whore too.  It's too bad that this forum accepts new members after 1/23/05 (aka the second coming of Christ), as everyone who joined afterwards is full of worthless opinions and can make no useful addition to this otherwise fine forum.  There obviously isn't any flaming in a post accusing someone of being the 'Director of Noobsploitation'.  You were seriously mistaken.  Anybody who charges anything more than $1 for their time to perform a console modification is clearly a thieving bag of douche.  Don't forget - all true oenophiles know that no bottle of wine is worth a tin shit unless it costs at least $200.  Anything less is for hobos.

P.S. - Above post positively reeks of sarcasm.  To save your click, my join date is 1/1/06.   :D

Actually,I didn't accuse him of being anything he has not been proven to be already,not just with any info I have posted here for you to read up on,but just as well you can search for info on him on the Neo forums.... Typically only noobs to the Neo scene end up buying from him because they simply did not know better at the time.  You obviously know little of nothing about him and his prices. Where as I typically consider Dean or Kurtz pretty bad, Kenny is far far worse. As for being the director of noobsploytation,that is something he is WIDELY known for on the Neo forums and referred to being.

Kennys habits involve things like buying up 60 dollar MVS 1-slots,consolizing them with $130 in parts and selling them for over $500 are well known. I think at one point in time he tried to charge someone over 1300 bucks for a consolized 6-slot MVS,which would have been around $800 in profit about. Last I checked telling 2 complete dumbasses to go away was not a crime. 1 was trying to rip people off here,another was arguing a subject he knew little of nothing on.

While you may not agree with that,some others do. Ultimately the mods decide how exactly the forums here go down,what will be allowed and what wont,but I did try to point out to ccovell how the treads usually end up going on here. You may not agree with this Necro,but you proved it to be true none the less with your last post.  :)  BTW I never said ccovell was wasting his time just because he has only been a member here since Jan. Actually he has a pretty awesome website with alot of great information. I tend to respect that more then anything,the sharing of information and its easy to see he has been very very busy. As for me,I work,am raising kids,and in my spare time I post here and refurbish arcade games and build superguns to sale on ebay,and yes,I still maintain low prices.Last SG kit I sold was for around 100 bucks,and the last MVS 2-slot consolized system I sold was for around $300.

Last I checked keranu was the mod who commonly post here,and he tends to make very sound judgements,so I know if he feels something is completely out of hand he would  lock the thread or whatever.

P.S. - I think its totally awesome how you spent more clicks looking up my exact join date and how you refer to me as the second coming of Christ. I however don't tend to spend time wasting clicks on profiles for exact join dates. I usually just remember when new faces join up. Also,I had already pre-expected another member or Seldane specifically to make a post like this,but I was pretty shocked to see that all Seldane the worm could do was stand back and pick up your crumbs on this one. Kudos to you for that. Last I remember Seldane was actually the instigator of a pretty large flame/argument on one of these threads over the pc-engine mod switch so his opinion doesn't count for nill with me anymore.

FM-77

« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
Not just any worm. Lord Worm, if I may.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
My sincerest apologies M.H.  Perhaps you could consult a dictionary for a definition of sarcasm.

I love sarcastic and dark humor. The light stuff I'm not so keen on. Typically the best humor is found at someone else's expense.

Apparently this comment only applies in the extreme literal sense and never in a jest at your expense. 

I don't give one wit what the gentleman in question has charged for his services or how many noobs have overpaid for said services (caveat emptor and what not).  No products or services were offered in this thread, so you couldn't have been protecting any forum members from his wily ways.  This is a TG-16 / PCE forum and not a NeoGeo forum, but all great threads stray from the topic anyway - I'm not a moderator, but I do have some common sense.  Last I checked, you are not a moderator either, yet you seem to believe that it is your duty to dictate proper posting etiquette, as shown below.

Considering you only joined this Jan and have posted barely over 50 times here its kinda silly to dictate how it goes here. The proper way would have probably been for Kenny to have posted introducing himself FIRST probably more then joining up just to quote a old post of mine and talking to me directly.

Why do you consistently comment on members join dates and post count?  Your opinion is no more valid than a long time lurker's or a new member's (or mine, obviously).  One of the new members that you told to skedaddle offered some mod.  I don't remember what and don't want you to get too excited because I spent too much time looking for an old thread.  You thought that this mod was too expensive, yet nobody else was currently offering the same mod for a comparable price.  You could have simply stated that the price was too high and moved on, but you chose to attempt to have the new comer impose self-banishment (which sadly seems to have worked).  Explaining that it's cheaper to just do it yourself is rather asinine.  Not everybody desires to or has the ability to do their own work (i.e. Jiffy Lubes on every street corner).  However, I do commend you on your attempt to explain the full circle logic of wandering thread topics eventually returning to the original topic.

Way to bring on the flames for Seldane.  Do not construe this as a defense of Seldane - there are no black helicopters here.  I just don't see the reason to insult another forum member because of their response to my post.  Did nobody else see the humor of my original post?  Is it a crime if a member comments about the quality (or lack thereof) of another member's post?  Perhaps Seldane's opinion is worth slightly more than nil to you, or else you wouldn't drag out flame thrower so quickly.

P.S. - It warms the cockles of my heart that you worry about my profile clicking habits, or maybe it only warms the sub-cockles.    :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2007, 03:35:08 PM »

This comment applies to anyone,including myself. It basically means I find it more interesting then talk of pie > cake or whatever.

I don't give one wit what the gentleman in question has charged for his services or how many noobs have overpaid for said services (caveat emptor and what not).  No products or services were offered in this thread, so you couldn't have been protecting any forum members from his wily ways.  This is a TG-16 / PCE forum and not a NeoGeo forum

Well,you could have fooled me,but either way I was replying to Kenny,he did directly aim his post at me did he not?
Also,I know you don't care,you prob don't give a shit about anyone getting ripped off by anyone. I on the other hand tend to care. Also,I tend to like most of the members here,so in a sense I am protective. Sorry that bothers you. I know that you are only carrying this argument on just to do so,not in any real attempt to prove any moral of the day,or to try to protect anyone This is a self serving argument for you that you have disguised in you moralities.

I'm not a moderator, but I do have some common sense.  Last I checked, you are not a moderator either, yet you seem to believe that it is your duty to dictate proper posting etiquette, as shown below.
You are right,I am not a mod here. And I said PROBABLY,I know you missed that,because in your current rage you have not really read anything I said word for word.  Also while this is not law,it tends to be the going way on forums,that when you join you introduce your self,say hi,ect ect. This way people can know who you are. Again,I have already stated,thi sis not law,in the end as I said before,its up to the Mods to decide.

Why do you consistently comment on members join dates and post count?  Your opinion is no more valid than a long time lurker's or a new member's (or mine, obviously).
I was not aware I did this constantly,but posting more often does show you like to post in the community more. Less posting = less activity = dead forums. Typically when I post I tend to make it larger ones,not a bunch of short one liners except on maybe a thread like the youtube one. Contrary to you accusing me of being a post whore,I tend to only post on these types of threads.

One of the new members that you told to skedaddle offered some mod.  I don't remember what and don't want you to get too excited because I spent too much time looking for an old thread.  You thought that this mod was too expensive, yet nobody else was currently offering the same mod for a comparable price.  You could have simply stated that the price was too high and moved on, but you chose to attempt to have the new comer impose self-banishment (which sadly seems to have worked).

This mod is still being offered by Dean,actually its not so much a mod as it is a  fix. Also,I offered to do it for deans price incase Dean did stop. Even though I don't like Dean,I found it kinda disgusting that the guy specifically used Deans info in a attempt to make money in that manner,and used deans thread to direct attention to his own. Only the gullible would have paid his asking fee.

Explaining that it's cheaper to just do it yourself is rather asinine.  Not everybody desires to or has the ability to do their own work (i.e. Jiffy Lubes on every street corner).
Actually the info is there to encourage people to try to do it themselves,to show how easy it is. If people learned how to do their own fixs/mods they would be more proud of the work then if they simply paid to have it done for them. Plus,stressing to try to learn to do things yourself is not asinine.

If Dean,or I,or anyone else who does this type of stuff simply stopped where would all these people be? I do not think anyone here wants to buy Duos and Turbo Express systems over and over again. That would be a tad too expensive. Some people learning to do this stuff on their own keeps that situation from ever occurring and keeps people in the know around to help,not profit off other members. As it is there is not too many people out there willing to do this stuff for the NEC systems,as it does not carry a large customer base.

I just don't see the reason to insult another forum member because of their response to my post.
Well its a tad hypocritical for Seldane to cheer you on for saying I'm starting a flame war when he has been guilty of doing the same himself.

Did nobody else see the humor of my original post?
Will it worry you if nobody does???

Is it a crime if a member comments about the quality (or lack thereof) of another member's post?  Perhaps Seldane's opinion is worth slightly more than nil to you, or else you wouldn't drag out flame thrower so quickly.
My answer to that is again:
Well its a tad hypocritical for Seldane to cheer you on for saying I'm starting a flame war when he has been guilty of doing the same himself.

It warms the cockles of my heart that you worry about my profile clicking habits, or maybe it only warms the sub-cockles.

Actually it was you worried I might have a habit of doing so,after all you hastly pointed out your join info in a attempt to save me time. Sorry if I gave you any warm feelings, I don't worry one bit about you. You are mistaken or have been mislead into thinking so. You give me no reason to care about you as a member of these forums. However it seems I worry you a great deal,as you still continue to respond to me on here over my reply to Kenny and ccovell and seemed to have been the constant monitor of my postings over  a long period of time. It seems I am litterly your favorite subject of the day. It will be interesting if you carry on this argument about me into tomorrow too.

P.S.- Its also a tad gay you are so focused on me today,even when worshipping Jesus there needs to be limits. I say do it in moderation.