Author Topic: Blazing Lazers Debug Mode  (Read 1860 times)

nat

Re: Blazing Lazers Debug Mode
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
I wonder why this all wasn't documented better in the manual.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »
I would like to know this as well. It could've really came in handy.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

elnino

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »
I played the game yesterday and can confirm that each blinker gives you one continue. I got 9 of them and wasn't reset 9 times. Unfortunately I'm a little out of practice and couldn't collect more of them but I will try again. I think if there is a limit it's going to be 16 blinkers, the same number as the bombs'.

Since I was playing the game I could have tried the debug mode on the japanese version as well but I forgot :oops:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

elnino

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »
I think you left something important out though and that is once you collect so many purple orbs, a orb with the Roman number of your weapon will come down BUT you can actually shoot these orbs until they explode and become a blinking orb :) .

Cool, I didn't know that the appearance of these switching orbs (either weapon or missiles) is related to the number of purple orbs you collect!
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Keranu

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »
I played the game yesterday and can confirm that each blinker gives you one continue. I got 9 of them and wasn't reset 9 times. Unfortunately I'm a little out of practice and couldn't collect more of them but I will try again. I think if there is a limit it's going to be 16 blinkers, the same number as the bombs'.

Since I was playing the game I could have tried the debug mode on the japanese version as well but I forgot :oops:
Awesome, that's great info, thanks! I was also playing the game recently to see how many purple orbs it takes for a blinking orb to come down and it's hard to get an exact number. The first time I encountered a blinking orb in the first level took about 17 purple orbs, but this might not be accurate because these blinking orbs don't come down immediately. I should also mention that these blinking orbs are sent down from a green version of the little ship that sends you items.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

elnino

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 07:47:16 AM »
The debug mode does work on the japanese version as well. The same goes for most of the other cheats on the site Keranu's has provided in his first post. However, don't try to do the Invincibility cheat on Gunhed since your screen will become green and starts to flicker as hell leaving you no other choice than power off your system.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Black Tiger

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 08:34:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure Gunhed has most or all of BL's tricks and maybe even more.

I had a japanese site with PCE tricks bookmarked, but I just found that it's no longer up.

Looking at one of my PCE trick books, it looks like Gunhed does have an Invincibility Mode, but I haven't been able to completely decipher the trick. It looks like you enter 57 at the debug screen and then push Down, even though pressing Down crashes the game.

Would anyone fluent in japanese like to translate this-

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:57:40 AM by Black_Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

elnino

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »
Looking at one of my PCE trick books, it looks like there is a debug mode that is accessed after opening up the sound test mode ("Music Mode") or something.

I'll have to sit down and relearn the directional symbols before I can translate it. But I'm on my way out the door, so I'll try to post all of Gunhed's tricks later tonight.

You don't have to, just take a look at Keranu's first post and the link there. The cheats do work for Blazing lazers as well as Gunhed except for the Invincibility cheat as I mentioned in my previous post. I tested them a few hours ago. No need for brute force! :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Keranu

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 09:57:47 AM »
The debug mode does work on the japanese version as well. The same goes for most of the other cheats on the site Keranu's has provided in his first post. However, don't try to do the Invincibility cheat on Gunhed since your screen will become green and starts to flicker as hell leaving you no other choice than power off your system.
How did you get into the sound mode in Gunhed? I wasn't able to do it when I tried it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »
I originally misread an earlier post on my way out the door and thought that no one had been able to get into the debug mode.

See my last post for the invincibility trick.

Keranu, at the intro just hold Select down, then press Left then Right alternately (10 times) until you enter the Sound Test.

EDIT: I just got the trick to work. You're supposed to reset once the game crashes and then start a just game and you'll have invincibility. Select + Run wouldn't work, so I just used Magic Engine's reset feature to get it to work. Maybe on real hardware you need to quickly turn the power off and back on to do it. I'd try it myself, but I don't own Gunhed and am too lazy to put it on my flash card.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:07:15 AM by Black_Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 10:07:04 AM »
Oh at the intro! I kept trying it on the title screen like in Blazing Lazers. Thanks!

elnino

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
Oh at the intro! I kept trying it on the title screen like in Blazing Lazers. Thanks!

It doesn't have to be the intro, you can insert the cheat at the title screen as well, it worked for me. Maybe you pressed a wrong button or weren't trying hard enough. :mrgreen:
www.pcedaisakusen.net

elnino

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »
I just got the trick to work. You're supposed to reset once the game crashes and then start a just game and you'll have invincibility. Select + Run wouldn't work, so I just used Magic Engine's reset feature to get it to work. Maybe on real hardware you need to quickly turn the power off and back on to do it. I'd try it myself, but I don't own Gunhed and am too lazy to put it on my flash card.

Thanks for the info, I'll try for myself today. :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Keranu

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »
Strange, I guess I just wasn't doing it right then.

elnino

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 09:16:07 AM »
EDIT: I just got the trick to work. You're supposed to reset once the game crashes and then start a just game and you'll have invincibility. Select + Run wouldn't work, so I just used Magic Engine's reset feature to get it to work. Maybe on real hardware you need to quickly turn the power off and back on to do it.

I tested it on a CoreGrafx today and as I expected, it didn't work. After the game crashes I'm forced to power off the system but when I turn the power on again I'm still as vulnerable as always. :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net