Author Topic: *drool*  (Read 1140 times)

MrFulci

Re: *drool*
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 12:26:01 AM »
The is the last one I have, besides the import price sheets that were sometimes folded in with these or tossed in with one of my orders and the 48 page colour catalog.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

kenomac78

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 03:39:54 AM »
we should be able to place together the order of these by looking at which games dissapeared from the catalogs. if we knew how frequent they were issued. quarterly? bi monthly?

and 30 for a kisado! wow! well alot of them are quite a steal compare to e-pay standards of today

MrFulci

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 04:31:07 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, to place them in order would be to look at what items disappeared.

It's been years, however I recall these arrived sporadically. At least 2 a year, maybe 3 (every 4 months).

I may have also received other flyers that I threw out years ago. These are the ones I kept. I've had a habit of keeping all my TG-16 recipts, documents, flyers, etc in a bag and folder.

I'd be curious to see any flyers others folks have. pcenginesupergrafx.com had a scan of a Radio Shack flyer I vaguely recall, it was pretty cool seeing it.  I've seen at least one other TZD flyer on someone's ebay listing (they were selling all their TG-16 stuff in a lot) that I had not seen before.

I was hosting these pics on my ISP's free space they allow me, however I've since moved everything over to photobucket.com    Due to the relocation sometime I may scan the 48 page catalog and add it to photobcuket. The interiors of these flyers, which are just a mess of screen shots for the games (exception being  of the black and white flyer) I may add there as well.

I'll add a link to the "album" when I scan more documents.

This recent flyer I posted I foudn a bit silly, with Bonk punting the Nintendo, pretty goofy, hah.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

kenomac78

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
well, we could ask the guy who runs TZD. since he is a die hard turbo fan as well, maybe he saved a copy of each one for historical purposes.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:00:13 AM by kenomac78 »

MrFulci

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 02:26:43 PM »
I'll start adding the few PC Engine flyers they sent me. I'm pretty sure I received more than 3, though this is all that seems to remain.

Most of these flyers, from what I recall, were larger than a letter size piece of paper, which is why there are 4 scans.

MrFulci

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »
Another Import Flyer from TZD!

This thread sure isn't friendly if you have anything less than cable, hah!

offsidewing

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 12:17:59 PM »
I have like five of the 4.2 flyer.

TR0N

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »
Another Import Flyer from TZD!

This thread sure isn't friendly if you have anything less than cable, hah!

Damn price's sure have changed since then.

$79.99 for, Gotzendiener these days i see it going for $20.00 or more... the last time i checked.

Interesting how some games lose value while others gain more.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
in generally, at that time the games were new releases, consequentially most of the games were more expensive than nowadays. some of the games became so called rare, those are the games which you probably have to pay more than when they came out.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

FM-77

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 03:42:47 AM »
TZD.com May 24, 1997

offsidewing

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 03:56:08 AM »
I remember specifically not buying Might and Magic 3 because I was waiting for it to drop to $30.  D'oh

Hmmm, Bonk 3, Terraforming, Might and Magic 3, and Order of the Griffon all BRAND new for $150.  Yes please!

esteban

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 04:55:51 AM »
5 copies of Takin' It to the Hoop for only $150? Sold! :)
  |    | 

vestcoat

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »
I heard TZD talked Hudson into making a second printing of Dungeon Explorer 2 at some point.  Does anyone know when that happened?

MrFulci

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
Something like that happened, as the Dungeon Explorer 2 I purcahsed from TZD in the 90's was in a generic case, with a photo-copied manual.

Not sure of the exact date this occured, however I'm guessing no later than 1997

offsidewing

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
Something like that happened, as the Dungeon Explorer 2 I purcahsed from TZD in the 90's was in a generic case, with a photo-copied manual.

Not sure of the exact date this occured, however I'm guessing no later than 1997

My kid sister and I both ordered the game from TZD around that time.  She got Original case/instructions, I got the cheapy generic version.  We ordered less than a month apart.