Author Topic: Keith Courage in Alpha Zones box?  (Read 860 times)

willis

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones box?
« on: February 04, 2007, 04:49:42 PM »
Did Keith Courage in Alpha Zones ever come in a carboard box like all TG-16 hu-card games, or did it just come in the plastic case as a pack-in title?

Keranu

Re: Keith Courage in Alpha Zones box?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
Did Keith Courage in Alpha Zones ever come in a carboard box like all TG-16 hu-card games, or did it just come in the plastic case as a pack-in title?
I'm pretty sure it only had the plastic case.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
It had a plastic jew-hole case as well as an instruction manual (with crude drawings instead of pictures) as well as a Keith Courage comic which had the same cover as the manual, but in fewer colors.

willis

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »
thanks guys

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:37:12 PM »
No problem. Another thing to mention that Keith Courage is the only (?) American Turbo Chip game to have a case without a plastic band that holds the card in place. We discussed this before and I am sure that Keith Courage is the only game with a case like that.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »
Keith Courage was the only Turbochip to come in a special oversized cardboard box and included the TurboGrafx-16 pack-in.  :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 06:52:44 PM »
Keith Courage was the only Turbochip to come in a special oversized cardboard box and included the TurboGrafx-16 pack-in.  :wink:
True! Same thing goes with Altered Beast with it's Sega Genesis pack-in. ;)

guyjin

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure altered beast eventually came separately...
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure altered beast eventually came separately...

Thats just one more rare variant for nerdy collectors. Like the super deluxe Ninja Spirit boxed set.  :dance:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »
They'd have to be EXTREMELY nerdy to want that version of Altered Beast, since the one that came with the Genesis had the full box, manual, et al.  It's not like nowadays when the included game comes in a wimpy cardboard box *cough* Wii Sports *cough*.

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 03:07:30 PM »
They'd have to be EXTREMELY nerdy to want that version of Altered Beast, since the one that came with the Genesis had the full box, manual, et al.  It's not like nowadays when the included game comes in a wimpy cardboard box *cough* Wii Sports *cough*.
You know what else pisses me off about pack-ins nowadays? They don't give you two controllers with the system anymore! With new consoles costing so much these days you'd think they'd throw in some extra stuff. The Turbo Duo was pretty expensive when it first came out (how much again? $300?), but at least it included multiple games (and some damn good ones too).

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 03:34:17 PM »

You know what else pisses me off about pack-ins nowadays? They don't give you two controllers with the system anymore! With new consoles costing so much these days you'd think they'd throw in some extra stuff. The Turbo Duo was pretty expensive when it first came out (how much again? $300?), but at least it included multiple games (and some damn good ones too).

Yeah, but you're also talking about the best pack-in of all time.

I forgot that i made a Wii Sports cover a while back, if anyone wants to use it-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.com/img/wii_sports_cover.jpg

My plan is to buy a cheap kids dvd with a white case and swap the cover for Wii Sports. That is, once I finally get around to buying some more ink...

Joe Redifer

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »
Yeah I was planning on making a similar Wii Sports case myself, but I want to find a white DVD case so everything matches.  I wonder if Wii Play will be in the same cardboard case as Wii Sports?

esteban

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 02:11:50 AM »
I forgot that i made a Wii Sports cover a while back, if anyone wants to use it-

My plan is to buy a cheap kids dvd with a white case and swap the cover for Wii Sports. That is, once I finally get around to buying some more ink...
Nice B_T! :)
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 06:40:56 AM »

Nice B_T! :)

Thanks, but I actually only worked up to 'good enough'.  :wink:

I know this is sacrilege, but I still haven't even tried this game and refuse to do so until I get a proper case for it.

Yeah I was planning on making a similar Wii Sports case myself, but I want to find a white DVD case so everything matches.  I wonder if Wii Play will be in the same cardboard case as Wii Sports?

Although you can find white cases around, I was just going to buy one of the kids dvds that Walmart has for $6. I could probably swap the contents back into a black case and trade it in at a local game store for a couple bucks next time I'm there.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:43:31 AM by Black_Tiger »